Problem with my website using Enom Name services

ive got a domain name with enom hosting using their DNS services

now all of a sudden my Website has stopped working and the domain name status is put on Registrar Hold for some strange reason..no one has changed it or anything and its expiry date is not till next year

does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

..i have other extensions .net and .org.uk which is working fine using the same nameservers and all but i cant for the life of me figure out whats up with this all of a sudden its stopped working..anyone has any ideas?

thanks

can you log in to the enom control panel and change anything?

try www.dnsreports.com and that will usually say what is up with the DNS configuration

Try contacting Enom directly through their Support Center. It's obscure to find but you should be able to see it as "Request help" or something similar to that. They took a day to respond, they aren't the fastest but they can probably give you an answer.
    Small Business Web Hosting with DOT45
    24/7/365 Technical Support; Windows Shared Environment; ColdFusion MX, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL, Online Store Software, SiteBuilder, Secure Webmail via IlohaMail

Can't edit domain name options due to registrar lock, we are able to login though which is weird

an email and message has been left with them so just gonna have to wait and see

does anyone know what cud be the cause of this for a domain name all of a sudden to change tis status to registar lock?

its possible the tld rules have been broken especially if its a local tld. the best way to find out is to ask enom themselves.
    Chris Collins
    Hostingfreak.net
    Directadmin Hosting in europe
    www.hostingfreak.net

hmm can registrars do that sort of thing?we did not get contacted or anything at all from enom

the domain was a .com domain

funny thing is we have a .net and a .org.uk Extension to that domain too .net is hosted with enom .org.uk with someoen else

Yeh we contacted enom

Strange though me thinks something dodgy is up or something..like someone maybe trying to hijack or poison the domain

ill see what enom has to say about it..

thanks

Question

Did you buy this straight away, meaning YOUR name in all the "blanks"?
    Registrant, administrative (especially that) etc?

Second question:
    Was the name tied to any discount special or such with a host? As an example one time we ran a special with a free name if you hosted with us for "X" months. If you had any kind of deal like that with a host they could be causing you problems if something has gone wrong either with the "deal" or the host.

Third question: Does the name closely resemble or mimic anybody's trademark name or slogan or anything?

Just 3 things I can think of that could cause problems. Maybe you'll hear back from Enom soon.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Registrar hold means there is an issue with your particular domain. Possibly a dispute ?

Originally posted by DDT
    Did you buy this straight away, meaning YOUR name in all the "blanks"?
    Registrant, administrative (especially that) etc?

Second question:
    Was the name tied to any discount special or such with a host? As an example one time we ran a special with a free name if you hosted with us for "X" months. If you had any kind of deal like that with a host they could be causing you problems if something has gone wrong either with the "deal" or the host.

Third question: Does the name closely resemble or mimic anybody's trademark name or slogan or anything?

Just 3 things I can think of that could cause problems. Maybe you'll hear back from Enom soon.
    Domain name was registered back in 1998 we have had it for a long time, we own it ourselves (registered it ourselves) and on our own server..no TM issues or anything either..

The domain name is actually an muslim website a huge muslim based forums ...the site is nothing milltant or anything incase anyone is wondering...its a very laid back muslim oriented forum (not some like the other millitant types) its very different welcoming different Religions and background everyone gets on well there which is rare!

we have this suspicion that maybe somoene has been trying to crack or hack the domain or something thats the only thing we can think of at the moment...
    just have to see what enom says we have tried to remove the registrar lock via teh cpanel but no avail either

enom did not contact us either about anything as far as im aware..plus we checked when the domain was last updated and it seemed that on the 22nd (last week) the domain name was modified somehow! however like i mentioned the different domain name that are used for that one site they are still up and running the .net version! but a very strange occurence if u ask me!
    Last edited by saj; 06-25-2005 at 04:42 PM.

Got the problem sorted out thanks!

apparently enom was not happy with our whois info so thye decided to lock it without no warning but got it working now thanks for your replies!

Yes, they will do that. They are required to enforce ICANN rules on WHOIS info. But strange they didn't contact you afterwords..unless of course the email addy was part of the problem.