Stay Away From

today i received a invoice from serverpacket which was supposed to send other users..

how careless they are.. i got invoice where i can see the login info of one of their client..

from that login i can log into

change edit modify that person's PASSWORD,a/c,credit card info,package info etc.,

"what if that person's site or a/c get hacked?"

Can that person sue for sending his/her login to other unauthorised person? what's the law in it?

better Stay away from these Craps,else u've to pay for consequences like this

just header part of the mail which i received, i can post full email if anyone needs
    X-Gmail-Received: cc17e22c8dd2eff72467ddc8db286f83de40e1d4
    Delivered-To: mymailid
    Received: by with SMTP id g9cs71462nzg;
            Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
    Received: by with SMTP id 9mr2141952nzw;
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: from ( [])
            by with ESMTP id 36si2670293nza.2005.;
    Received-SPF: pass ( domain of [email protected] designates as permitted sender)
    Received: from nobody by with local (Exim 4.51)
    id 1DlimT-0004su-65
    for mymailid; Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:39:17 -0400

IMO credit card info shouldn't be stored in the database, if one must keep track of cc info, one way encryption should be used (ie md5) - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002 - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

Milton, Florida
    Wow.. Someone should get fired for that.. But would they even know that they sent the wrong email to the wrong person?!?

Did you tell them??

Highly unprofessional, you should notify them that their staff is sending our personal details to wrong users.

Personally I think including user's personal information (login details, etc) in emails sent out by staff is a bad idea.

Storing CC info in databases like this is a criminal offense and could result in jail also.

BTW: I found some other threads on WHT about serverpacket:

I would suggest you to report this to respective card company!

Chennai , India
    great security.

we must really appreciate them, they make less work for hackers to steal . so time is not wasted.

get away from them, even if there is an downtime or anyother problem it can be sorted out. security factors are really important.

your Data is so precious

i guess i might not be the one who's getting wrong invoice with login,some else might got wrong invoice with login

what if the wrong person,thinks EVIL?

can that Victim file case againt server,cuz of sending his/her login to wrong person?