Thread: p4Host

p4Host

Well I've been using this host for almost 2 years now, had no issues, no downtime (except one which was planned weeks in advance) and they were always up to date, until recently.

I had my payments sent directly to my credit card, for ease of use, and as a student it gave me one less thing to worry about. I paid my credit card bill every month, not paying much attention to what was on it (which I admit, was my fault there).

Yesterday I recieve an email from my hosting company with an invoice of just about $100, saying that I have not paid my bill for over 10 months. This was outrageous, I NEVER recieved any emails about late payments or neglect of payments. Any other host I have been with would send me an email DAYS AFTER I neglected to pay a bill (whcih happened twice when doing it manually, not recurring billing).

I don't feel I should be completely responsible for this, because the company must have stopped my billing, seeing how I never did anything with the billing. They never cancelled my service, even after 10 months of no payment, and I never recieved a single email about not paying my bills.

Should I be responsible for this payment? $100 is too much for me right now, especially to pay in one lump sum. Maybe 5 months ago when the bill was in half, I would have been able to do something, but I recieved no information about neglected bills.

It sounds like a raw deal to me. Especially if you signed up for their automatic pay. I'm not sure what you can do about it now, but in the future I suggest that you just sign up and pay the whole year in advance. It's been much easier on me. Of course being a college student myself, I understand the need for small incrimental payments. ask if you can pay half now and half later due to the fact that it's their fault in the first place. Good luck!
    Finding options is easy. Making decisions... not always so.
    http://www.WebHostComp.com
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine

Try talking to your host and explain your situation to them. I find it strange that they let you go ten months without a payment! Most hosts wouldn't let an account slip for more than 30 days. If you talk to them, maybe you can work out something like paying $20 for the next ten months. Seems reasonable if you have a two year history with them.
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

I've been trying to get in contact with the company since this morning, and have recieved no human contact. I did call them (or him), and I got a home phone number, I could not hear the guy, and he told me to send a ticket, which I have already done. I'm very unimpressed.

I did notice while I looked at the site that it appears to be a 1 man operation. I say this because of the fact that he offers MSN messenger and AOL messenger contact options. Which generally indicates small operations. He may very well be out on vacation for a week or two and hasn't monitored anything lately.

Just a thought.
    Finding options is easy. Making decisions... not always so.
    http://www.WebHostComp.com
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine

His response:
    " well, your credit must have expired. Go ahead and pay that invoice before I can unsuspend your account. If you have any questions, contact billing@p4host.com."

My credit card expires September 2006.

I just don't see why he didnt catch this 10 months ago, because its not like I didn't mean to avoid payments. I was pleased with my service, and would have continued payments 10 months ago, now there is no way I am sticking with him as a host.

I did notice while I looked at the site that it appears to be a 1 man operation. I say this because of the fact that he offers MSN messenger and AOL messenger contact options.
    1 man operation with 4000+ domains? No wonder this guy didn't notice you haven't been charged in 10 months. Sounds strange to me, I just can't understand why this wasn't caught 10 months ago. I don't buy that card expired line, but who knows...

I'm just really confused on what to do, I don't feel I should be paying $100, and hes not backing down at all. I don't want him to press charges or anything, but I can't afford that. And I would have paid if I would have known earlier.

I don't want him to press charges or anything, but I can't afford that. And I would have paid if I would have known earlier.
    I wouldn't worry about him 'pressing charges' or even sending you to a collection agency. If they're unwilling to work it out then you should consider taking your business elsewhere. I don't understand why they wouldn't allow you to payback your $100 balance over a few months in order to keep you as a customer. Especially since you have a 2 year history.

Not only that, but I've reccomended quite a few people to his hosting "company", no longer will I do that.

And he just cancelled my ticket, thats pretty immature for a business.

It's not your job to do a hosts accounting for them.

If they insist on charging you for back payment before re-activating your site you should move on.

Well from the hosts standpoint the $100 is due since the service was provided but I agree with you 100% that should have been caught a long while back (by the host not you) and not allowed to go this long. It sounds like they simply dropped the ball in putting your account up for suspension 10 months ago for non-pay OR contacting you for new info 10 months ago. Hard to tell from here what happened way back when.

Either way if I were them I would waive the amount due and start your billing from today in good faith since you have been a customers for a long time. Is losing $100 worth losing a long term customer?? I don't think so. Now on the other hand you might meet them half way and offer to make up the $100 over the next X amount of months or whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Re: p4Host

Originally posted by Young I Aspiring
    Well I've been using this host for almost 2 years now, had no issues, no downtime (except one which was planned weeks in advance) and they were always up to date, until recently.

I had my payments sent directly to my credit card, for ease of use, and as a student it gave me one less thing to worry about. I paid my credit card bill every month, not paying much attention to what was on it (which I admit, was my fault there).

Yesterday I recieve an email from my hosting company with an invoice of just about $100, saying that I have not paid my bill for over 10 months. This was outrageous, I NEVER recieved any emails about late payments or neglect of payments. Any other host I have been with would send me an email DAYS AFTER I neglected to pay a bill (whcih happened twice when doing it manually, not recurring billing).

I don't feel I should be completely responsible for this, because the company must have stopped my billing, seeing how I never did anything with the billing. They never cancelled my service, even after 10 months of no payment, and I never recieved a single email about not paying my bills.

Should I be responsible for this payment? $100 is too much for me right now, especially to pay in one lump sum. Maybe 5 months ago when the bill was in half, I would have been able to do something, but I recieved no information about neglected bills.
    ask them an request that you would pay them within 3 months their full fees.

pay them with an small amount for now, every host would accept this.

Well after much bickering and arguing and blaming, we finally came upon an agreement. I would pay half of the amount he wanted if he would automatically un-suspend my account.

At least you worked something out...
    Gee with any substantial number of accounts a host would have to have billing software...I know mine would have "flagged" any missed payment and then finally suspended your account but we would have contacted you about any problem as soon as the software "flagged" the month's payment as not being made by the due date.
    I think most hosts would do about the same....I'm a nice guy and all but 10 months without payment and you would have been long-since gone (if we had not been able to contact you to resolve any payment issues)
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

well if you stuck with him on $100 , i am on $120 and my friend also , kevin said that i did not pay from august 2004 , and its not my problem because i did not got any invoice message and i thought he got his money from the Master Card .

i have sent message for him to get the backup but the answer was "you must pay first the invoice to get your backup".