Thread: Prozilla

Angry Prozilla

Just thought I'd share my experiences here. As many of you remember I made a thread a while back pointing out that Prozilla was down for days and finally saw enough to realize that it had been hacked. The owners finally started putting things back online but some sites require licenses and so now they don't work.

Well, I went the other day and made a forum thread asking for help. I checked back today to find out that the whole forum is gone - as well as any method to contact them through the site. So with that being said I'll share my warning.

These guys have been down for a very long time (weeks) since the hacking and they're obviously not doing anything about it nor helping their paying customers. So IMHO avoid them at all costs. They are nothing but scammers in my book right now. I've paid for another 6 months prior to the hacking and now I regret it. Stay away from these people - they have had more than enough time to fix things or simply to help their members. Obviously, they do not care at this point and simply want to scam everyone of their money.

Sorry to hear what happen with them and your money. I was a prozilla member about 4 months back, but I did not want to renew since it was always the same old sites and nothing new was coming out of the one year I was with them, but I believe 3 sites maybe 4.

Have you tried DotComBuilder?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTech
    . . . These guys have been down for a very long time (weeks) since the hacking and they're obviously not doing anything about it . . .
    They don't seem down to me.

The Members Area states
    Welcome to the members area. We are not 100% back to normal after our recent attacks so finding files will be different. All instructions can be found in the site zips. The license system is reopened. You will need to download the site again as the product ID's have changed and create a new license.
    Not sure why the forum is gone. But, could they be working on it?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

They don't seem down to me.
    By down I mean contacting them, ordering licenses and so on. Look around. I didn't say that their member area was down - just try to go to the helpdesk where you actually log in post a ticket, or try their forums for example. The license order form doesn't work for me either.

Not sure why the forum is gone. But, could they be working on it?
    Why would they take it down and not have any way to contact them? The directory where it was is gone now - at the very least they should give you some means to contact them. I'm not trying to say they are outright scammers yet but in my book they are very close to it.

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    . . . I'm not trying to say they are outright scammers yet but in my book they are very close to it.
    Looks like it's what was inferred.
    . . . Obviously, they do not care at this point and simply want to scam everyone of their money.
    But then, their helpdesk contact is removed too
    The requested URL /support/helpdesk/contact.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Still . . . maybe it's the same type of problem.

Maybe they were hacked through their forum or helpdesk, and that's why they're down?

I'm not a member so I'm not sure what software they were using.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Originally posted by P-nut
    Maybe they were hacked through their forum or helpdesk, and that's why they're down? . . .
    That would be my guess.

But, it's only guessing at this point.

I'll try email.

Well it could be some sort of error but it's awfully strange to effect only the forum and helpdesk contacts. Not to mention that the license system doesn't get the same error - it just doesn't work yet and certainly doesn't look to be online to me.

Customer service is about being their for your clients and not removing contact methods. They've had more than enough time to get things back online - we're talking weeks here - not days, not hours. The license problem hasn't worked since they came back online.

EDIT:

FINALLY! Found a working link to the helpdesk...

http://www.prozilla.net/support/helpdesk/

Perhaps it's just a bad webmaster - but that doesn't explain the forum yet.
    Last edited by CrazyTech; 06-24-2005 at 01:44 PM.

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    . . . Customer service is about being their for your clients . .
    Which is why, after noticing the error with the forum and helpdesk contacts, I used their email option.

I already received response to my email.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    . . . But then, their helpdesk contact is removed too . . .
    The New Ticket link didn't work, but while browsing the knowledgebase, there is the option to open a new ticket; and that worked.

I'd say that they're working on the site.

It's not that hard to correct a few links. However, I came across them finally and I'm trying to get some help. I mean call me crazy here but after two weeks of recovery time I'd expect things to work fairly well.

Software Revue, how did you get Prozilla to respond to you ? I have been trying to get in touch with them for the past week but had received no response.

I purchased a membership back in April but was too busy to work on it till now. I tried to sign on with the given login info does not work - it kept saying invalid login . I tried to email their support, sales, help and whatever email I could find on their site but received no response. I am disappointed that I have no recourse .

I appreciate if anyone can offer any suggested ways of contacting them

Thanks!

I contacted them via the presales link on their contact page.

ugh.. this topic brought light to the fact that I can't login.... thanks for bringing it to my attention. I only have about a month left on my subscription, and I will not be renewing for the simple fact that they never update their sites ... ugh.. lets see if I ever get access to my account again.

sadly , I think they must be selective in responding to emails - sofware revue -- your content or name must have been more important than mine

I used the same presales email but never received any response . I had detailed the situation nicely with supporting records of my purchase info requesting for login info. ..ugh. maybe I just have to resign to the fact that I just blew away $60 bucks

Rsayer, if you have any luck logging in.. please do let me know - I was just looking to work on a recipe site and recall they had a script there. Any insight to the login issue is greatly appreciated.

jeweltone, you clearly had a subscription to their service, and as I currently (like you) and while we lack a subscription to their site now - I do have the sites saved to my hard drive. Message me on AIM: RichardMSayer and I'll send it to you.

I finally received a reply from them . Thank you rsayer & softwarerevue!

I still cant access the members area, just emailed them, hopefully I will get a response
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

they returned my email with my log in details, which does no good since their members area cant be accessed, which was not adressed at all in their email

I've just logged in fine with my account.

Email Deb, shes prob pretty busy at the moment, but she will try and help you.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

they followed up with my emails, everything seems to be working greart now

Unhappy prozilla

I have had a lot of problems with prozilla sites, a lot of them have errors in the script. Writing to tech support yielded no response and when I posted in the forums the response I got had nothing to do with my question and sometimes my post was deleted.

Now I can't get on with my user name and password and all my emails to support have been ignored. I paid for a year membership and got a few months at most.

I had a problem logging in adn did a who is for there email. i sent emails to every email i could think of and the next day they were all returned to me from the postmaster. The 4 days later i got a responce so just try there emails
    www.ihostdev.com iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring

Now the problem i see with them is most of the sites are using the licensing system however they have no place to register a new license if you were trying to use the script. rsayer can i get the image hosting script from you please? I have emailed them along with sumitting support tickets with no responce. iam glad i only paid $10 for 6 months ths last special they ran
    www.ihostdev.com iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring