Thread: CMS Editor

CMS Editor

Has anyone used InnovaStudio WYSIWYG Editor? http://innovastudio.com/editor.asp

I am looking for an WYSIWYG editor that I can limit which files a user is allowed to access either through a login/password method or simply setting up a separate editor for each user (since I'm guessing I can control which directory to access).

The product looks good but with no 'trial' I would like to get some user opinions.

Otherwise any WYSIWYG editor that multiple users can use but each one will only have access to some files?

I know similar questions have been asked before but not quite hte same...

Thanks
    Michael

Re: CMS Editor

Originally posted by N8Webs
    I know similar questions have been asked before but not quite hte same...
    It doesn't hurt to search anyway. The product you linked to isn't mentioned in this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=381039

but if you're looking for alternatives, surely you'll find some there.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

I should specify - ideally it would be web based.

Thanks.

Most of the so-called 'TEXTAREA replacement' WYSIWYG editors are server-side implementations. Some are Java apps, but the code which launches the app is typically available in whatever flavor you'd like, be it PHP, Java, ASP or whatnot.

Other versions are done with Javascript, and some TEXTAREA replacements are browser plugins. The general idea, is if the WYSIWYG editor fails, the TEXTAREA is still usable as a fallback. Any non-plugin editor replacing the TEXTAREA could be considered 'web-based'.