hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Employment Offers & Requests : Employment / Job Offers : Needed: Someone to Simply Copy/Paste Data

Forum Jump

Needed: Someone to Simply Copy/Paste Data

Reply Post New Thread In Employment / Job Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Needed: Someone to Simply Copy/Paste Data

Hello!

Please read the following details and reply with a quote via WHT's PM feature.

Project:
I need to someone transfer the text from the one website to another. This project must be completed within 10 days from the start of the project. You will have to copy multiple fields / text into ExpressionEngine (like MovableType). It would require simply copy/pasting.

Detailed Project:

This would involve the following steps:
1. Go to original site > COPY Title of piece
2. Paste text into EE's Title Field
3. Go to original site > COPY Author of piece
4. Select the Author's grade level from a drop-down box in EE
5. Select the Author's state abbreviation from a drop-down box
6. Paste the author text into the BODY field
7. You will then need to change the DATE field from the current date to the month in which the story was originally published. For example, May 1999 would be 1999-05-01 01:00 AM.
8. Then select whether the piece is an Essay, Short story, etc. This information comes from where the piece is listed on the main site.
9. Then Press SUBMIT

You can see the entires for yourself here:
http://urlcut.com/1aofl

I need from October 2000- June 2003 entered.

I use a free program called "Speed Typing" that automatically transforms the letters "dd" into the date and time (as I type). You can download it free here:

http://www.colorpilot.com/speed-typing.html

Payment:

Please quote me a price via PM.

Depending on your history at WHT payment will usually be 50% prior to the start of the project, and 50% at completion.

Payment will be via PayPal, Personal Check, Money Order.

Please PM me all questions, this thread will not be closely monitored. Thank you!

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2005, 11:37 PM

Re: Needed: Someone to Simply Copy/Paste Data

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMMIz
Hello!

Please read the following details and reply with a quote via WHT's PM feature.

Project:
I need to someone transfer the text from the one website to another. This project must be completed within 10 days from the start of the project. You will have to copy multiple fields / text into ExpressionEngine (like MovableType). It would require simply copy/pasting.

Detailed Project:

This would involve the following steps:
1. Go to original site > COPY Title of piece
2. Paste text into EE's Title Field
3. Go to original site > COPY Author of piece
4. Select the Author's grade level from a drop-down box in EE
5. Select the Author's state abbreviation from a drop-down box
6. Paste the author text into the BODY field
7. You will then need to change the DATE field from the current date to the month in which the story was originally published. For example, May 1999 would be 1999-05-01 01:00 AM.
8. Then select whether the piece is an Essay, Short story, etc. This information comes from where the piece is listed on the main site.
9. Then Press SUBMIT

You can see the entires for yourself here:
http://urlcut.com/1aofl

I need from October 2000- June 2003 entered.

I use a free program called "Speed Typing" that automatically transforms the letters "dd" into the date and time (as I type). You can download it free here:

http://www.colorpilot.com/speed-typing.html

Payment:

Please quote me a price via PM.

Depending on your history at WHT payment will usually be 50% prior to the start of the project, and 50% at completion.

Payment will be via PayPal, Personal Check, Money Order.

Please PM me all questions, this thread will not be closely monitored. Thank you!
Give me a price, I'll start this job right now.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Re: Needed: Someone to Simply Copy/Paste Data

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMMIz
[Please PM me all questions, this thread will not be closely monitored. Thank you! [/B]
You might want to PM him that question.

I told him I'd do it for 5 - 10$ less than whatever his lowest offer was, cause I have nothing better to do so...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Community Guide

Sounds like a very interesting task, right up my alley. Got my birthday to keep in mind for next week, so this would be my birthday present to myself. ::grins::

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Old 06-25-2005, 06:13 PM

Offer sent

I just sent an offer by pm

Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 AM

Sent an offer by PM

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Stanford Researchers Increase Cost Effectiveness of Cloud and Contribute to Cleantech Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:31:18
Elastica Launches Data Science Powered Cloud Security Solution, Raises $6.3M in Funding Web Hosting News 2014-02-20 10:32:24
Mistakes To Avoid When Launching A New Website Design Blog 2014-01-10 10:53:50
NaviSite Launches Two Enterprise Cloud Storage and Backup Services Web Hosting News 2013-03-06 11:54:15
Zetta Launches Appliance-Free Hybrid Smart Cloud Backup Solution Web Hosting News 2012-10-23 16:29:27