Wikipedia - website

Hi

I was just wondering if it is possible to put Wikipedia onto your own website i know that there is a way to do this i have searched on Wikipedia but to no avail.

Does anyone have a link where you can install wikipedia onto your site or download it so it can then be uploaded to the site.#

Any help would be excellent

Do you have an example of a site that did this? Just curious I love the Wikipedia.

You could just use an IFRAME to get the content.

Well i know my friend got it on his site but he has moved away now and i have 0 contact with him...so it is possible

please explain the IFRAME procedure

I know what a IFRAME is but i don't see how i could get wikipedia on my site using it

Originally posted by mikey2006
    You could just use an IFRAME to get the content.
    There are some ethical implications involved with using an IFrame to import someone else's content and treat it like it's your own. I'm willing to bet a) this goes against Wikipedia proper/intended use policies, and b) they probably have this blocked or will block it quickly as soon as they find out it's happening (it's all tracked in logs).

But I get the impression OP is looking for the raw application itself to populate with his own content, not for the inclusion of the current Wikipedia itself. Is that correct?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Right well i am not allowed to post links so here i go

To find a site that uses the Wikipedia system go to Google - type in
    how to get wikipedia on your site then click on the "Keep In Touch With a Wiki - Start Your Own Wiki"

The page explains about wkis and wikipedia scroll down and there should be a link called wikicities click on that and it will take you to a site which looks like wikipedia.

Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Nice thanks

um

what should i download and how do i untar .tar.gz in windows my server is a linux but i use Windows XP

I do have Fedora Core installed but my internet connection does not work on it for some reason even though it does connect firefox says there is no connection.

Is it possible to untar the file on my server.

I'm sure you could open the tarball on your server, and you can do it in Windows as well. Just do a search for a compression program that handles this format. Recently, I've been using FilZip, a nice little program, IMHO. From there, you should find installation instructions to guide you the rest of the way.

Ah yeah thanks that worked woooo the wiki works

i would add a link to my wiki here but i can't as i can't add URLs yet i will put the link in my signature.