Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - A TurnkeyResellers.Com and ssWebHost.Com Story

Well, I think I owe this forum a little bit. It's a great resource and a great place to support our work in this industry.

Well, here is the story...

The Good

ssWebHost.Com (http://www.sswebhost.com/), after a nightmare with another reseller (turnkeyresellers.com), I read a post here about them (sswebhost), and went on to them, they kindly helped me to move my accounts to their servers, assisted me for over 2 hours getting everything back on track, including setting up my private name servers, which in the previous company, I was never able to get correctly set-up. All of this, in the same day, in a couple of hours.

A couple of months later, I was contacted by the guys at sswebhost.com by email, were they apologized for the "downtime", and gave me the next month for free - It's important to notice that I never noticed any downtime.

At another time, I was upgraded for free for one extra GB of space, I sincerely don't remember why.

At other point I required a static IP for one of my customers, and needed help to set-up a SSL cert, they kindly helped me, and just out of nothing, they offered to provide me the IP for free.

About a month ago, they gave their customers a month at half-price. Althought they're not on the cheap side, it's a nice gesture.

Besides all of this, the service is always good, kind and quick.

I've been with them for about 7 months now, and ready to get going for months to come.

I'd like to stress enough that I don't work for them, and was in no way influenced by them in no other way but their great service.

Although not cheap, can't recommend them enough.

The Bad

I lived a nightmare with TurnkeyResellers.Com (http://www.turnkeyresellers.com/), and feel responsible to tell everyone, how bad the service is with this guy

The problem with him is -No support, lousy service-.

About support, that means not that it's bad, it just and plainly doesn't exist, the guy is rude, there was no refund, and the guy feels aggraviated because, you as his client are so bad that you don't understand how hard it is for him to have a 9 to 5 job and still make you the favor of providing you a lousy service.

On december 24th - Christmas Eve - He sent an email that he had to remove all the accounts from the server where I was, because he wouldn't be paying for that dedicated server anymore. Can you believe it? At christmas eve, I'm moving my accounts from one server to another, the good part, is a read my email that day, and was able to take action, and rescue my customer's data, the bad part, I spent christmas eve working and worried about it.

About the servers... Well... He says they're pentium 4... I sincerely believe they're a cpl of texas instruments calculator chips put together with copper wire, and connected to a phone line. I hope that explains how we perceive the performance of the servers. But well, just imagine 6 to 7 hundred accounts on a single processor... (reverse IP).

It got so bad that at one point I had to wait five days - FIVE - for the server to go back online, and be able to get my customer's data outta there and move to another server.

The guy? Spending the holidays with his family out of town.

The Ugly
    That would be me. Hehe
    No, really...I had paid three months in advance and guess what? No refunds.

The Moral
    I should warn everyone about this, since I knew he is back on selling reseller accounts, and feel as a civil duty to expose such a bad service.

If it's too cheap, and it's too good to be true, it means, it's bad and too good to be true. My Sin.

Also, I can't do anything else but thank the people at sswebhost.com for their great service.

There are tons of good and bad stories here in this forums, and this... is only one of them.

Greets Everyone
    www.Rha7.com
    Web Hosting and Design
    Excellence in Web Design
    <<< See Forum Guidelines for more information on Signature formatting. >>>

Although not cheap, can't recommend them enough.
    If you ask me, for reseller hosting, they're quite affordable.

Thank you for taking time to write these detailed reviews.

But also remember this a detailed review of something that happened 7 months ago. For the last 2 months there has not been a peep out of the TurnkeyReseller clients, which probably indicates that their servers are running smoothly. I track the TurnkeyReseller saga because I was one of the booted Turnkey clients also, 7 months ago.

I wonder why Robert's reply got deleted as he was basically saying the same as Hamtramck Rick ?

We did get some pretty hard times months ago but it was months ago and this review is not up to date.

Things have improved and keep on improving with a new owner, more staff, our own datacenter and more to come.
    Marie - Co-Owner
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !
    English, french and spanish support

Well I am really sorry you and probally many others went through this mess. It was not a good time. But, I would like to point out your review is 6+ months old. I feel this is valid for the time in Dec but not now. I have improved service, increased staff members and purchased faster and better servers. Although your review is based on service from over 6 months ago you should consider placing a new review from today's experience.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - A TurnkeyResellers.Com and ssWebHost.Com Story

Rha7, congrats on finding a host that meets your needs, but I'm gonna have to side with the TKR posse on this one. Posting a dated review of how the service used to be 6 months ago when they have evolved immensely since that time period does not hold very much merit. It is a misleading and inaccurate attempt at insight.

I post this disclaimer to warn current potentials to take Rha7's review with a grain of salt. I've experienced the changes and improvements in TKR's support first hand, and as aforementioned, their new privately owned datacenter seems to working out quite well.

Originally posted by Rha7.com
    About support, that means not that it's bad, it just and plainly doesn't exist, the guy is rude, there was no refund, and the guy feels aggraviated because, you as his client are so bad that you don't understand how hard it is for him to have a 9 to 5 job and still make you the favor of providing you a lousy service.
    Do you not think it would be trying to have a 9 to 5 job, support a family and look after a hosting operation? This is kind of a ludicrous attempt at defamation. Clearly the man was keeping ridiculously busy at the time of your experience. Instead of blindly bashing, try to view things in context.

I currently own a vacant reseller account with TKR so I don't make much use of it at the moment. However, in the occasion that I have had to contact support, replies have been nothing short of superb: prompt, courteous, effective and more. It used to be Robert handling everything on his own, but as has been said, there is now additional support staff resulting in obvious increased levels of overall efficiency.

On december 24th - Christmas Eve - He sent an email that he had to remove all the accounts from the server where I was, because he wouldn't be paying for that dedicated server anymore. Can you believe it? At christmas eve, I'm moving my accounts from one server to another, the good part, is a read my email that day, and was able to take action, and rescue my customer's data, the bad part, I spent christmas eve working and worried about it.
    More blind attacks. Do you think he enjoyed spending his Christmas eve doing this work? Further, the huge difference here is that he had to deal with multitudes of clients during this server move -- you being only one of them -- making it safe to assume that his very own Christmas eve plight was exponentially worse than yours. Once again, you need to view things from different perspective sometimes instead of strictly adhering to your own.

About the servers... Well... He says they're pentium 4... I sincerely believe they're a cpl of texas instruments calculator chips put together with copper wire, and connected to a phone line. I hope that explains how we perceive the performance of the servers. But well, just imagine 6 to 7 hundred accounts on a single processor... (reverse IP).

It got so bad that at one point I had to wait five days - FIVE - for the server to go back online, and be able to get my customer's data outta there and move to another server.

The guy? Spending the holidays with his family out of town.
    And again, the 6 month factor comes into play. Had you have been chiming in with this information 6 months ago, it might have had some worth. Unfortunately, you're a little late here which pretty much renders your review insignificant and discardable.

In conclusion, considering the extremely low price of the service, I find your audacity to belittle it pretty hilarious overall.

Exclamation

Well, first of all, It's my experience (although I share this experience with a LOT of others, that had the same experience) with TWO hosts - my previous and my current one. It's my experience, it happened to me, MORE OR LESS 6 MONTHS AGO. Absolutely valid review. Not one year, Not two years Not three. Just 6 months ago.

Half a year ago. I hope that make things clear, about the attempts from TKR's staff to invalidate this review for that reason.

Do you not think it would be trying to have a 9 to 5 job, support a family and look after a hosting operation? This is kind of a ludicrous attempt at defamation. Clearly the man was keeping ridiculously busy at the time of your experience. Instead of blindly bashing, try to view things in context.
    About this. Well, I DON'T HAVE TO CARE about it. That's why I'm paying for it. Otherwise I'd do it myself. My own customers don't have to deal with my pains and/or pleasures, nor I don't have to understand this kind of stuff from a service provider.

Would it be that a lightning burnt the whole city he is in, or a twister ripped off the place where the server was, or he died, THEN I would have understood.

For my service provider to be married, having kids, a 9 to 5 job or getting divorced, although sad, It's not MY problem. And that's definite. I don't have to view things in no other perspective.

I DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AND NONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO. Specially if that perspective is supposed to make me or anyone be happy about losing revenue.

More blind attacks. Do you think he enjoyed spending his Christmas eve doing this work? Further, the huge difference here is that he had to deal with multitudes of clients during this server move -- you being only one of them -- making it safe to assume that his very own Christmas eve plight was exponentially worse than yours. Once again, you need to view things from different perspective sometimes instead of strictly adhering to your own.
    Well, If I was a new customer thinking about buying an account from TKR, this should be a big warning too... Would he had done his job, I wouldn't have had to spend christmas eve working, when I'm not supposed to.

Would he have not over-over-over-sold those servers, I wouldn't have had any stress, because of him in no way. My first comment applies here too. I'm not responsible, and I'm not supposed to be responsible, about the irresponsibility of my service provider.

And again, the 6 month factor comes into play. Had you have been chiming in with this information 6 months ago, it might have had some worth. Unfortunately, you're a little late here which pretty much renders your review insignificant and discardable.

In conclusion, considering the extremely low price of the service, I find your audacity to belittle it pretty hilarious overall.
    And I say too again the 6 month factor is on the table. And my first comment applies, it's HALF A YEAR. It's valid, and It's current.

In conclusion, despite the efforts of TKR staff to invalidate this review, it's true, it happened to me, less than half a year ago, and I see that - even current customers are supposed to "understand and not get mad" at any problems, outages, failures or lack of service with TurnkeyResellers.com - After all TKR's customers are supposed to view things from TKR's perspective, and forget about their own interests (buy from TKRs and you know this is part of their "Terms of Service").

That way of thinking is from a post before this one.
    That's yesterday.
    That's pretty current and valid.

I hope this serves as a warning to new customers, as I see things have not changed much from that long time gone epoch that came to be "6 MONTHS AGO...".

Listen, trying to invalidate an ex-customer's review, won't make you no good. Make offers in this forums, offer warranties, commit. BE liable so you are forced to provide good service, regardless of your private life (not like kids that give as excuse that the dog ate their homework) actually REFUND your customers, in conclusion, be professional.

NEW CUSTOMERS - BE WARNED.

To close this post, this is a post on April 5, 2005, on this forums, found on a quick simple search in this forums:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...&highlight=tkr

If you can't follow the link for any reason, heres the path:
    WebHostingTalk Forums > Main Forums > Reseller Hosting Forum > Turnkey sites not working, email bouncing

And here is just ONE post on that thread

If you're waiting for someone to suggest going to another host, I'll do it now. If you're waiting to be informed by competent personnel that the server is fixed, well that might take a while.
    by minsight

Sounds pretty stressed, and tired of a bad service, from getting nothing out of his service provider, and so exhausted that he will go to another provider, and pay again for the service he already paid to TKRs.

Doesn't it sound like that? And It's from April 5, 2005. I leave it to you guys.

I leave this post as a service to those passing by.

Understand that by telling this to everyone, I don't get nothing. It's just that I feel the need to warn people coming after me, specially those new to this business, about the kind of things that can happen and the types of hosts they can find.

It's my duty to do so, given that I belong to this community.

Regards,

Gabriel Medina.
    www.Rha7.com
    Web Hosting and Design
    Excellence in Web Design

Well, first of all, It's my experience (although I share this experience with a LOT of others, that had the same experience) with TWO hosts - my previous and my current one. It's my experience, it happened to me, MORE OR LESS 6 MONTHS AGO. Absolutely valid review. Not one year, Not two years Not three. Just 6 months ago.

Half a year ago. I hope that make things clear, about the attempts from TKR's staff to invalidate this review for that reason.

And I say too again the 6 month factor is on the table. And my first comment applies, it's HALF A YEAR. It's valid, and It's current.

In conclusion, despite the efforts of TKR staff to invalidate this review, it's true, it happened to me, less than half a year ago
    Yes, thanks for making the 6 month factor crystal clear The IT/hosting world is a fast moving and ever changing environment. Logically, your review may have been quite valid in the past, the era it applies to. But in this case, through the above quote and your incessant agreeance, you've pretty much concisely and superfluously validated the very reason why your review holds little to no weight at this date and time 6 months in the IT world can be like 6 years of daily human existence. I'm just throwing out random numbers here, but the general speeding up of time is obvious in this environment. I think any competent technologist working in the field can attest to this.

About this. Well, I DON'T HAVE TO CARE about it. That's why I'm paying for it. Otherwise I'd do it myself. My own customers don't have to deal with my pains and/or pleasures, nor I don't have to understand this kind of stuff from a service provider.

Would it be that a lightning burnt the whole city he is in, or a twister ripped off the place where the server was, or he died, THEN I would have understood.

For my service provider to be married, having kids, a 9 to 5 job or getting divorced, although sad, It's not MY problem. And that's definite. I don't have to view things in no other perspective.

I DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AND NONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO. Specially if that perspective is supposed to make me or anyone be happy about losing revenue.
    You're absolutely right. You don't have to care about the welfare of others at all. It is your absolute right and choice as a human being to exemplify desensitization and project a complete lack of concern, sympathy and/or empathy towards another human being. To each their own, and have fun with that!

Listen, trying to invalidate an ex-customer's review, won't make you no good.
    I agree that it won't make me "no good". On the contrary I think that pointing out the fact that large gaps in time clearly affect the merit of reviews makes me "good". So yeah, I agree with you there

Seeing that your math is as bad as your skills as TKR's advocate.

Let me help you.

From april 5 to date, its 2 and a half (TWO, I put it in letters, so there's no discussion on the topic of should I see it from your context or perspective or should I be sensitive, sympathetic, concerned or any other feeling that you think I should have. it's not a 3 or a 1, It's "TWO" regardless of the context or how bad or mean I am) months.

And that post is from another of your "god-help-them" customers, no relation with me, I don't think that needs or requires any further comments from TKRs staff on this issue. this forum is plagged with posts about TKR's service.

People thinking about signing up with TurnKeyResellers.com, don't take my word on it, don't take TKRs word on it, and obviously don't take "mjzz"'s so passionate view on it, makes me think it's Robert Saylor's himself with another nick name.

Make a search on that topic here in this forums for yourselves. That will make things clear

Furthermore, in your search read about the people that says they made a post on TurnKeyReseller.com's forum, and how it got deleted (there a bunch of these).

So, would you take a word from any of TKRs staff on it?.

Don't take my word on it. Make a search.

"mjzz", again, don't get mad, I'm just stating facts.

And prepare to write quite a few pages invalidating all the posts in this forums, or telling them how insensitive they are.

I'm sorry I won't answer to any further posts in this thread, it's pointless, since it was supposed to be a review about ssWebHosts.Com's service and how I got to them.

For any other comments, and childish arguments trying to invalidate any bad comments on your service, well, readers, my answer is:

Make a search here, on this forums about turnkeyresellers, and believe whatever you want to believe, after all it's your money your throwing away, but don't worry, if you're sensitive enough, you'll see that even if you are disappointed with the service, and feel robbed, it was for a good purpose, help a guy you don't know somewhere else buy himself new clothes

Greetings

Gabriel Medina.

P.S.: I apologize to readers of this forums for falling into this provocation, that makes no good to the community. With this apology, I won't answer to further messages on this thread.
    Last edited by Rha7.com; 06-25-2005 at 12:17 AM.
    www.Rha7.com
    Web Hosting and Design
    Excellence in Web Design

Seeing that your math is as bad as your skills as TKR's advocate.

Let me help you.

From april 5 to date, its 2 and a half (TWO, I put it in letters, so there's no discussion on the topic of should I see it from your context or perspective or should I be sensitive, sympathetic, concerned or any other feeling that you think I should have. it's not a 3 or a 1, It's "TWO" regardless of the context or how bad or mean I am) months.
    Actually, let me help you. I wasn't referring to your other linked TKR post that occured 2 and a half months ago in the slightest. I was talking entirely about the 6 month factor and then went into your lack of humanistic concern. No where did I mention or touch on the other thread you linked to so I'm not quite sure what you're on about. You're gonna have to work on those reading comprehension skills.

People thinking about signing up with TurnKeyResellers.com, don't take my word on it, don't take TKRs word on it, and obviously don't take "mjzz"'s so passionate view on it, makes me think it's Robert Saylor's himself with another nick name.

Gabriel and Mjzz,

Well I think your point is clear. You did not receive the service you should have gotten and I am sorry about that. But, this is getting out of hand on both of you. Please stop this bashing. It is not good for anybody.
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting

Robert, as i stated in my previous post, this thread is closed for me, and I understand from your kind phone call yesterday, that mjzz's posts are out of your hands, and you can't stop them.

I wish you good luck, and encourage you to improve your service to excellence.

That's the only way this won't happen again, either from me or anyone else in the future.

Gabriel Medina.
    www.Rha7.com
    Web Hosting and Design
    Excellence in Web Design

mjzz is one of the biggest fools i have seen on this site
    I dont think anyone after reading this thread will even consider http://mjzhosting.net as a relaible host because one thing you are forgetting is that is it business dont make it personal
    I think i would even consider roberts hosting company over http://mjzhosting.net as he has accepted his mistake and admitted that it was wrong on his part but out of his hand
    i think mjzz forget what is the meaning of proffessionalism
    proffesionalism is not telling hey man i am having a problem that is why you are having a problem
    it how you tackle it and make the customer happy

Absolutely astounding. What a truly sad day for reason and logic when the aforementioned is ignored in the name of proverbial brushing under the carpet.

qwan: Tragically, I know the meaning of professionalism all too well, in many cases: the conscious avoidance of truth. I'm sure Robert sincerely meant every word he said on the phone to Rha7.com -- a 6 month past client who trashes his services -- when he was soothing him over the phone Yup.

Clearly the rationale was to quell the situation and the possible negative publicity it was/is spawning. The result? A feigned sense of temporary satisfaction for everyone. Fallacy over truth? To each their own. That is one of the many faces of professionalism, qwan.

Rha7.com: Let me get this straight. After outright trashing TKR and not having used them for half a year, you called Robert personally over the phone regarding my comments on an Internet message board? I can't possibly be the only one who sees the ludicrous irony and sad attempt to save face here.

Robert: I was not bashing anyone. I was simply reasoning with Rha7.com and making my case very blatant so others reading could see the reality of the situation. The closest to bashing would be my outright laughter at the paranoid identity speculation. At that point, I did decide to stop going on due to the utter hilarity of the situation coupled with the "never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" quip that appeared in my mind shorty after. Either way, if you wish for me to stop defending you because it creates too much drama, I will respect and remember your wishes.

Don't worry Rha7, you can't talk to a feeble-minded fool and expect him to understand rocket science.

Matthew, plain and simple for you:

"TKR didn't provide the SERVICE that their BUSINESS promised! They lost a customer! Customer Tells Story!"

There is no "invalid" time-period.

TKR expects their customers to follow their terms, if the customer doesn't, they get punished..

If the host doesn't follow their own terms for reliability, the host gets punished.

It doesn't matter if TKR has a wife and kids and a 18 hour a day job, if he can't manage his customers and servers correctly, he needs to hire people who can.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Host failed their customer, customer punishes the host.

Live with it, and let it go.

Nothing you will say here will hold any merit either, so just stop trying. Your feeble rebuttles are pitiful.

Both arguments have a point.

MJZ does have a point saying it has been 6 months and a lot can change in 6 months (its ~2 college semesters so think back when you were there how much you changed) The IT world does change a lot faster. 6months ago I thought my brand new laptop was the best... Now 6 months later its crap well sort of, either way its not as good as it was 6 months ago. Things change fast, now im not saying Turkey changes as fast, but you cant shoot down such possibility.

The customer is right, he should have had a warning and such but he didnt. It is his opinion of the service at that particular time. Let the reader speculate his own opinion from your post instead of drawing one such as "TURKEY IS BAD AND ALWAYS WILL BE LOLORZ!"

You also do have to have a keen sense in humanity and understand that a company is not a robot, it is made out of breathing people who work there. They do the best they can, if you dont like it move on.

SpeakerSilenced,

I am not arguing the fact the the customer did not receive the service. He did not, I admit that and it is something we have corrected. My only point is the review is 6 months + old. I feel it is very outdated and does not reflect the service today.

Hi Robert, the review is 6 months old. But this is not the point.
    6 months ago you were Robert, the same Robert you are today.

There is no guarantee that you will not act again as you did 6 months ago with your costumers.

I was at cpanel6 on that time and can perfectly remember what happened to us (and to our costumers)

We did not receive the service we payed for, we were forced to move from one server to another and did not receive refund.

I couldn't even send a Ticcket since my user name was deleted

Thanks for the review Rha7.com.

It doesn’t matter how old this info is, it’s still relevant.

Like bart_arg said, the owner of Turnkeyhosting is still the same person and thus when deciding on a host, you must take all this info into consideration.

And personally, I want to work w/ a host that’s doing this as his full-time job, not someone who’s doing this on the side.

As for the “human-compassion”-issue, please... this is business. My allegiance is NOT to my vendor, but to my clients.

It’s amazing that some hosts here act like their clients owe them! Sure, pay me $80+ / month and I’ll give you all the compassion and understanding you want!

Just an observation, but if you take out the 'n' in the name, whatta ya got?.......................z
    Faster horses, yw, ow, mm......

6 months ago, TurnkeyResellers's owner was Robert. Tom now owns the company which is now part of a large hosting services company.
    6 months ago, TurnkeyResellers was a one man show. We now are 7 staff members.
    6 months ago, Robert had a full time job beside TurnkeyResellers. He is going to be full time TurnkeyResellers, starting August 2005.

Things do change.

Robert is still the same nice, kind and helpful guy but he is not overwhelmed any more. And this is another great difference.
    Marie - Co-Owner
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !
    English, french and spanish support

Re: Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - A TurnkeyResellers.Com and ssWebHost.Com Sto

Originally posted by mjzz

If he don't have time to run a hosting business beside his 9 to 5 job then he should no try to. Its not the customers fault he takes on too much.
    Checkout www.crunzh.com for nice freeware programs. Including a program for monitoring your webserver.
    Any opinions in this post, unless otherwise noted, are my own personal opinions.

msh,

Dude do you know not how to read.

If he don't have time to run a hosting business beside his 9 to 5 job then he should no try to. Its not the customers fault he takes on too much.

This post is getting very stupid. Anyhow, this is old news and not how things operate today. I will also not make any further comments on this post as it is pointless and does not do anything but gather people to talk about the past. It is the past, let it be the past and it is NOT NOW.

When I buy web hosting I look at the past and the present. But to look ONLY at the "distant" past is silly. I've watched TurnkeyResellers very closely for the last 6 months, just because I used to be hosted by them. It is looking like about 2 months ago they turned the corner from the problems of the past. I have not seen any complaints either here or on Turnkey's own bulletin boards. They have made huge changes to their organisational structure and technical infrastructure. In fact the only thing the same is their name, prices, and that rsaylor still works there (before he was the owner). Personally, I would use Turnkey for non-essential sites right now, and if the two good months stretches out into 12 months, then I would consider them for more important sites. Of course, if you are a bit of a gambling man, and you like the trend and the low price, you might jump on it now to enjoy the up time before everyone else does in 12 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast