* Hosting problem with a company

Hi All,

I am very new to this site. I have a problem with the hosting company spaceforhost.com. I have hosted 4 sites with this company.

During the last 3 months I was facing problem with them. Sometimes site is not available or email is not accessible. Now my site is up without header and footer. I called them up and no response.

They claim to have online technical support but no one will be available, if anyone comes they do not respond well.

Today I called their office twice, wasted my money. One fellow just kept phone down. They did not even bother what I wanted to say. Now they just say that they are not responsible for the data. If I need the website, upload all the things again.

Do you people think it is right attitude to say this….

They did not inform that they are planning to do some changes, if so I would have taken the backup. If it is some virus attack I can understand if they say that.

They could have informed me. Now they say it is my responsibility to keep the back up. Don’t the hosting people have a back up? One day if the hosting company say we do not have anything… or site… how a company having good reputation exist….

Please do respond with your views… I am in an awkward situation since I do not have the back up.

I am living in India, is there any rule related to hosting in India? If anyone have idea please inform.

Jinson Karedath

iguru,

Probably if you read their TOS you can find out if they backup your data or not.

It is sad to hear your story. Which domain name do you host with them?

I have just noticed that their Customer Support is online via Yahoo Messenger. Maybe you can contact them right away
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Cool

Sad fact is unless it's in their TOS "hosting companies" are not responsible for anything.
    Backups, support, your site being "up" more than half the time, speed, etc.
    Even if it's in the TOS they can "promise" and not deliver. That's why you see so many "unhappy" threads here.

This may not be the fact in your case, you didn't give us any site details about your particular situation.
    Losing only the header & footer would be uncommon and not a "normal" problem generally associated with something at the host level. (more "normal" for a "host" to lose the whole web site and for a "user" to mess up an element like the header & footer of a page or pages)

There are different levels of backup even if you find a host that promises "backups". Some hosts back up entire accounts or "server wide" (especially if they are on VPS or a reseller) but not individual sites. This means they only restore from backups if an entire drive crashes or something major and everybody has to be restored. In the middle are hosts who do that but will "find & restore" one site for an extra fee. Other hosts back up individual sites, so if your site gets hacked or you accidentally mess it up they can restore just your site in particular with little problem.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

hello jinson..

i hope ur really true..
    once i also had a real bad experience with this guy from spaceforhost.com.. once i registered a domain name and hosted a website with them and they locked the domain name so that i couldnt even get it back.
    I really needed to contact directly to the registrar and get it back from them

Another hosting people is veloxinternet.com
    NO GUYS GO TO THEM..
    These people just deleted all my files without any kind of notification in anyway..

Please do inform everyone about these kinds of people so that we will not be in great trouble later.

-----------------------
    Sad fact is unless it's in their TOS "hosting companies" are not responsible for anything.
    Backups, support, your site being "up" more than half the time, speed, etc.
    Even if it's in the TOS they can "promise" and not deliver. That's why you see so many "unhappy" threads here.

This may not be the fact in your case, you didn't give us any site details about your particular situation.
    Losing only the header & footer would be uncommon and not a "normal" problem generally associated with something at the host level. (more "normal" for a "host" to lose the whole web site and for a "user" to mess up an element like the header & footer of a page or pages)

There are different levels of backup even if you find a host that promises "backups". Some hosts back up entire accounts or "server wide" (especially if they are on VPS or a reseller) but not individual sites. This means they only restore from backups if an entire drive crashes or something major and everybody has to be restored. In the middle are hosts who do that but will "find & restore" one site for an extra fee. Other hosts back up individual sites, so if your site gets hacked or you accidentally mess it up they can restore just your site in particular with little problem.
    -----------------------

Hello DDT

My site is ibizframe.com... i can leave the entire site... what about my contacts.. emails etc...?....

is it possible to keep back up everyday....?

Jinson Karedath

I'm surprised.
    At their prices they should afford to keep some backups, regardless of their TOS.

Hello DDT,

What if the site doesnot accept my password when i am sure that my password is correct...

I am not able to login to my cPanel even,.... then....?

they might have made lot of changes in the server... unless that this would not have happen...

Jinson Karedath

Cool

Originally posted by iguru
    Hello DDT

My site is ibizframe.com... i can leave the entire site... what about my contacts.. emails etc...?....
    is it possible to keep back up everyday....?

Jinson Karedath
    I'm not sure I completely understand your other question about leaving the site-contacts-emails-etc.
    But yes many hosts do daily backups of sites. It's not unusual. Just depends on the host. If you meant the emails and things being backed up most hosts that provide backups backup everything on the "account" which would include e-mails, all your control panel settings, etc.
    I looked at your site and got a lot of database errors displayed all over so something is "down" or wrong there. It could be causing your login problems to the site but shouldn't to your control panel.
    I have no way of knowing if it's you or the host's fault but it shouldn't prevent control panel login unless they have restricted that or they are having server-wide problems.
    Normally you (a user) would log into your control panel to find and repair whatever is causing the database errors on your site if they are your (the user's) site's problem, not something on the entire server.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well