Can I Hide Domain Owner Information?

I own a website and recently been getting some crazed users that call me or threaten to sue me, random calls saying "Hey your site is down." at night,.. just driving me nuts.

I just want to hide my phone #, address, real name, etc., but I see ICANN states that we can't do that.

What is everyone doing to work around this?
    Spoofee

If I remember correctly, GoDaddy offers such a service which hides domain contact information and that for a yearly fee.
    David

Originally posted by Royalty Hosting
    If I remember correctly, GoDaddy offers such a service which hides domain contact information and that for a yearly fee.
    And so do most of the other registrars. Domain masking or something like that. You could also ask your company, they might cut you a cheaper price, although it's very cheap as it is.

Arg.. it looks like dotster.com doesn't offer this
    Spoofee

checkout

domainsbyproxy dot com

Most registars offer whois protection. You can use that to hide your information.

Most registars offer whois protection. You can use that to hide your information.

Arg.. it looks like dotster.com doesn't offer this
    Perhaps this is what you were looking for: http://www.dotster.com/domains/domai...spamshield.php

Dotster Whois Privacy costs $3/year as far as I remember, you should check out their website or contact their Customer Support
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Yeah maxo, thats $2.99 / year.

Well thats free with namecheap ( for a limited time ) and registerfly ( offering free since a long time now )
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

I just wonder. The legal owner of a domain is the name given as administrative contact in the WHOIS database, isn't it ?
    So if the WHOIS gives the name and adress of the registrar as administrative contact, how can you still prove that you're the legal owner and not your registrar ?

You have to get your privacy protection from a reputable company. Godaddy, Namecheap, Registerfly, and Network Solutions are some that I know of that offer the privacy protection services and can be trusted to not steal your domain. Some kinds of domains can't be privacy protected. .us and .co.uk are some that I have heard cannot be privacy protected.
    Never buy "privacy protection" from a spammer.