Red face Cutting the fat!

One Month Test

That is right I am doing a one month test to see how far I can get within a one month time span. I will be working out on a daily basis as well eating more healthy. I was working out on a daily basis but got sick so I quit for a while, but I am back! I feel I am over weight and must cut the fat! Last time I was working out I lost about 10 pounds (and kept it off!)

Height - about 5 foot 7 inches
    Weight - 155 pounds
    Tan color - way to white need a tan!

My goal?

To turn the 155 pounds of fat into 155 pounds of muscle as well getting a good tan at the same time.

What will I be doing on a daily basis? (but Sundays)

1. Drinking 3 liters of water a day
    2. Walk 1 mile per day
    3. 50 bent-over flys
    4. 75 crunches
    5. 75 each alternating curls
    6. 50 push-ups
    7. 200 lunges
    8. 50 lateral raises
    9. 25 one-arm tricep extensions
    10. Jog 1 mile per day
    11. Kick Boxing for 30 minutes a day

I will be taking before pictures as well new pictures at the end of each Friday.

What will I be eating?

Salads, Steaks, and subs. Though will take other ideas of what to eat as well.

What will I be cutting back?

Soda (though I will have one once in a while)
    Junk food

What will happen after the one month?

I will be doing the same thing after the first month, but will change on how I will do things so I stay in a good healthy weight limit and stay in good shape.

I will be updating this thread every Friday!

How about some vegetables? Tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, garlic, a variety of meats (not just "steak"), brocolli, ... and much more.

Just stay away from the refined carbohydrates and things unnecessarily high in fat.

And don't use margerine or butter, use oil (preferably canola/sunflower for hot food, olive for cold).

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    How about some vegetables? Tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, garlic, a variety of meats (not just "steak"), brocolli, ... and much more.

Just stay away from the refined carbohydrates and things unnecessarily high in fat.

And don't use margerine or butter, use oil (preferably canola/sunflower for hot food, olive for cold).

Yeah the Tomatoes, lettuce, mmm onions as well other good vegetables will be on the list of course. They will be added in my salads as well just on the side! I could go for a nice cold juicy tomatoes right now.

That's an impressive amount of exercise for a day...

Originally posted by CoolinHL
    That's an impressive amount of exercise for a day...
    Well I figure (depending on factors) I usually do the walking and jogging in the morning to mid part of the day then do the work out part of the night.

As well it the amount of exercise might seem a lot in the start, but after a while of doing it then it will not seem that much.

Like the last time I started to work out I started out doing 25 of each for the first week then moved to 50 the next week then moved up again and again.

Really it is so fun to work out at night watching Jay Leno or Conan. Or just listening to music!

I certainly applaud your efforts for a healthy lifestyle. Just be careful with the tan. There is no such thing as a "good tan". Any browning of the skin is damage to the skin. This seriously increases your risk of developing skin related issues later in life, including skin cancer.

I was planning to do something similar over 2 months, but I don't think I have the willpower. :p
    --

Originally posted by svdorr
    I certainly applaud your efforts for a healthy lifestyle. Just be careful with the tan. There is no such thing as a "good tan". Any browning of the skin is damage to the skin. This seriously increases your risk of developing skin related issues later in life, including skin cancer.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Though I am talking about just some color in my skin. If I took a picture of my leg or upper part of the arm you would think you saw a ghost (not kidding).

Originally posted by MStar
    I was planning to do something similar over 2 months, but I don't think I have the willpower. :p
    It takes a long time to get where you want to go. Then it takes a long amount of time to finish. It took about 7 months I believe to even start the first time. Main reason was the soda, because I was so addicated to it. I was drinking about a 12 pack a week if not more, but I cut it down to about one to two sodas a week.

There where times when I said no I do not want to do it any more, but I forced my self each and every day!

I've already stopped drinking soda, about one or two [diet] a week now. Bottled watter is my new best friend. I don't want to lose any weight, just build muscle.
    --

depends on which muscle you want to build up?

Oh I don't need to be strong, I just want to look better. My chest I guess.
    --

Originally posted by MStar
    Oh I don't need to be strong, I just want to look better. My chest I guess.
    Push ups and bench presses work great from what I am told for the chest area.

You'll tan naturally if you're running every day. I definitely wouldn't do a tanning booth.

I would see if you can get someone to play tennis or badminton with.. good two person sports to break up your schedule, and put what you're doing to work. I played tennis for an hour a day for a week once, and my [exposed] skin had a dark tan.

Good luck though, I still can't get the willpower to do this. Do you have an mp3 player or anything?

Originally posted by DanX
    You'll tan naturally if you're running every day. I definitely wouldn't do a tanning booth.

I would see if you can get someone to play tennis or badminton with.. good two person sports to break up your schedule, and put what you're doing to work. I played tennis for an hour a day for a week once, and my [exposed] skin had a dark tan.

Good luck though, I still can't get the willpower to do this. Do you have an mp3 player or anything?

I will never use a tanning booth (heard of horror stories). Also nope I do not own a mp3. See I have this great view where I live so it is great way to take a jog, run or a walk .

Though I do find that if I have music playing it does make it that much better .

Good Luck, I'm thinking about doing something similar, but to gain muscle, as I'm skinny enough. (barely any fat to burn)

I'm mainly trying to get upper body muscle.

You would have to eat meat too. You see the thing about meat is that, if you don't eat it...your body might get too weak for you to continue exercising. You might look skinny and sick instead of muscler. Don't cut the meat.

lol
    eating healthy includes subs?

If you want help with a REAL diet plan or excersize regime PM me.. I will help you out.

Basically you should not do more than 30minutes of cardio a day unless you are looking to lose fat/muscle. Cardio should not be used as a way of getting rid of excess calories, but to boost your metabolism that's why a 30minute run in the morning, and workout in the afternoon/night is pretty much all you need.

good luck though.. 155 is very light you might consider building just pure muscle, and lose the cardio completely.

Good Luck.

As a black belt in Martial Arts, we do something similiar to that in class at our school. Except it's a 1 mile run, 150 situps and we have to do 800 kicks.

Make sure you are listening to music to motivate yourself.

Originally posted by Rob83
    Good Luck.

As a black belt in Martial Arts, we do something similiar to that in class at our school. Except it's a 1 mile run, 150 situps and we have to do 800 kicks.

Make sure you are listening to music to motivate yourself.
    800? Gah that would make my legs hurt . Also yes I listen to music if I am at the house all the time. If I do not then it gets so dull.

Originally posted by climax

eating healthy includes subs?

Well I always get a cold cut trio with everything on it (wheat bread). So with the veggys on it and all I would assume it would be healthy? Though the bread is not always the best thing to eat.

Originally posted by Torith
    Well I always get a cold cut trio with everything on it (wheat bread). So with the veggys on it and all I would assume it would be healthy? Though the bread is not always the best thing to eat.
    no that is actually pure crap..
    cold cut trio = tons of fat lots of garbage processed meats etc..

if you are looking to build muscle you should build muscle, if you are looking to lose fat you should lost fat, you can't do both at the same time.

In order to build muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus, in order to lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit. So if you try to do both you are essentially working against your self. Also the exercises you have listed don't generally build muscle. But build endurance/cardiovascular.

If you MUST go to subway, buy a chicken salad, with any fat free dressing, that's your best bet. Their "whole wheat bread" Is only about 40% whole wheat, and is still refined processed crap.

Good luck in your daily regimen; it can be hard to stick to, but at all costs, stick to it! The worst thing you can do is stop for even a day, because then you form that habit. This is coming from personal experience -- unpleasant experience, at that.

Subway is terrible for you, though, and I would most definitely recommend that you don't eat it!

I would suggest you to check Max-OT training series, you may also find some very useful principles and tips for more efficient training there.

Wish you to gain lean muscles and brown tan as soon.
    Last edited by Fulk; 06-24-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Working out every day is not good, you'll overtrain and hinder your progress.

http://www.stand-alone.co.uk

Hmmm I guess I will have to choose another place to eat that would be healthy for me .

Originally posted by climax
    no that is actually pure crap..
    cold cut trio = tons of fat lots of garbage processed meats etc..

if you are looking to build muscle you should build muscle, if you are looking to lose fat you should lost fat, you can't do both at the same time.

In order to build muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus, in order to lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit. So if you try to do both you are essentially working against your self. Also the exercises you have listed don't generally build muscle. But build endurance/cardiovascular.

If you MUST go to subway, buy a chicken salad, with any fat free dressing, that's your best bet. Their "whole wheat bread" Is only about 40% whole wheat, and is still refined processed crap.

Also what would you suggest in doing then if a person wants to lose the fat then to build up muscle? What exercises you suggest?

really your best bet is to hit a proper gym.. remember you can't do "spot reduction" on fat, AKA running is not going to burn fat on your legs.. (it's going to burn it evenly through out your body), and pushups won't lose fat in your chest etc..

What you need is a good beginner routine for 4 days of body training a week, and 5 days of cardio training a week.