Any Windows notepad programs similar to tail of linux?

Are there any Windows notepad program that can do what tail does in Linux, such as open a text file partially or grep to limit the results returned? It seems crazy that Windows notepad by default cant do that, and basically freezes whenever you try and open a large text file.

You can try ' pico ' or ' vi' editors..
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Greater Chicagoland
    Actually you can download the Windows 2003 Server Resource Kit. It's about 12mb, but it includes a tail command for DOS. Although it's for Windows Server it works with XP and should work with 2000, I have no idea about 95/98/me. Here is the link to the download page:

As for Grep take a look at this page:

For text editors I like UltraEdit, it's not free, but has everyhting. It also handles large files very well.

Thanks guys. UltraEdit looks particularily interesting. Acording to their website, it can open txt files upwards for 4 gigs. Nice!

UE is a nice text editor, but if you want to do 'simple' file manipulation, like The Islander said, you can grab win32 ports of most common unix utils.