Warning watch out for this customer!

I had a customer signup for a reseller plan a few days ago with the domain name "os-commerce.net" The account was setup and a free domain name awarded. Next thing I knew I had a paypal dispute filed and an email saying they would leave me bad reviews if I didn't give them free web hosting. The client made false claims that the nameservers were wrong when they 100% correct and they were mad, because I gave them whm with their reseller account. (They wanted addon domains instead, but somehow wanted me to know this without telling me.) I told him to watch the reseller tutorial videos and he could give himself unlimited addon domains. The customer has now been terminated and his money refunded minus the domain name.

Warning this customer is a fraud and will try to hurt your company.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Thanks for the heads up
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

SJR,
    Not to be harsh, but you offer cPanel/Fantastico and a signup with the domain os-commerce.net didn't cause a heads up to begin with?

Where's your signup page?
    I wan't to signup with the domain c-panel.net
    MIS Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller and Enterprise 24 Hour Support Toll Free Telephone 888-572-6830
    cPanel Linux Helm Windows SiteBuilders Scripts
    MIS Web Hosting Solutions MIS Support Systems

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully all goes well and you can nail them for fraud.

thanks for the head up
    that guy is one big @#$@$

Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | manual labor | staff leasing |
    because American & European labor are expensive

well i donot think so the client is harsh, his behaviour is bit different, he is an crap who wanted to cheat people.

Harsh is something giving rude response

thanks man. someone tried to signup today with that same domain. thanks for the post

Re: Warning watch out for this customer!

Originally posted by SJRHosting.com
    I had a customer signup for a reseller plan a few days ago with the domain name "os-commerce.net" ... The customer has now been terminated and his money refunded minus the domain name.
    I must not understand something here. Since you didn't refund the domain name fee, that would imply that you registered the domain name for him. But os-commerce.net has been registered for some time.

No he got another domain name.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

OK, that makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the warning, as a rule I don't register domains until I know the payment has gone through successfully, but it's still good to be aware of these people!
    DJBW Network: Provider of reliable web hosting, domain and design solutions since Jan 05
    Afford A Host UK / US / EU
    See Beta Profile for other links

Thanks for the warning, as a rule I don't register domains until I know the payment has gone through successfully, but it's still good to be aware of these people!
    The OP said it did go through (client/fraudster filed a fraudulent dispute after the fact).

Thanks for the Post.. Some people are like that though.. I know severally people in my community that just try to scam everyone they can..

Thanks for the heads-up!

May be a off topic question. Is there any $ limit for paypal dispute also what all precaution does one can take while using paypal as payment system.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

I love paypal.. Basically, from what I understand, the only limit is however much the person sends to you is the highest amount they can file a claim on... In general for all my customers over $100.00 (or Prepaying yearly) I call and verify.. That will prevent some fraudulent orders.. But Every other small order I call to verify..

Paypal is one of the better gateways and I like it alot and i prefer my customers to pay with it..