Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't let bad words put you down, dont be stupid now

You get what you pay for, if they are your option, get it.
    It's Scott!

I agree, I would not let one post put you down. Even I have problems with them, but LayeredTech are excellent for what you get.

You are sure to get a great server and in a few weeks back to excellent support.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

yesterday i ordered a server from LT , same day i recived invoice and today i recived server detail !

this is my thierd server and all of them received within 48hours ,

Layeredtech is fantastic. Their techs seem to be very busy, and they're unmanaged, but in my experience they still find time to go the extra mile. Case in point: ordered a second hard disk for my server the other day and mentioned in the support ticket that I wanted to store cpanel backups on it. The tech that installed it not only stuck it in but also formatted it and mounted it at the /backup dir that I already had set up. He also made sure quotas weren't enabled so that the backups would count towards my clients' disk space. Not bad for unmanaged, in my opinion...

Another example of going the extra mile, one of the first machines I had with them was a FreeBSD box that I happened to lock myself out of 3 times in a row. After the first ticket the tech kept an eye on my server, and e-mailed me the second and 3rd time i locked myself out before I could even get a ticket sent to them.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

They were like that with me around last summer. But then started saying one lined sentences to me, like "$75/hr fees for that" and "reloads are now $50". Kinda got annoying, that they didnt email customers about changes in service.
    It's Scott!

I can see where you're coming from. But, at the same time, they've always been pretty upfront about the fact that they're unmanaged -- I'm not sure we can blame them for throwing some free support (above and beyond what they say they'll do in some cases) and then cutting back on the freebies once their business starts picking up.

BR

Just make sure if you cancel, you go through all of the right beurocractic methods there.

They were kind enough to ream us two extra months of billing on the one machine we had there a while back, and they definately don't give refunds, even if it's been 10 minutes. Oh well.

I have to say though, there support was always pretty respectable for us.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

We have contacted Todd and he helped really quickly. He is really a smart guy. He understood what was the problem, we have a new server we asked (he read and understood that as we needed all the same to reinstall OS we wanted to take better server and put the Os we needed there). So everything was done fantastically quick.
    He promised to look into financial matters also. So we are waiting for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12