msn helping the little guys...

Hmmm... I am just wondering why is it more people still use google, even the same people who have small sites that rank no where near top 20 in google (in keywords!)? though rank high in msn / yahoo!

Msn, (the new one) has seriously changed alot, now it actually spiders alot of new sites, (small ones) and like yahoo actually ranks them pretty high!

Example, IF i was to buy freesite.biz , it will take me month's to get it ranked in top 10 in google, though within weeks yahoo and msn can easily take it in the top 10.

Which results is more satisfactory? sites that are linked heavily? or sites that are new and may contain more targetted and better information!

To me if only msn changed the look of its crazy results page (its FAR TOO busy! no where near as simple as google's result page!) it would get more users, alot of google users will never change and only stick with google, but i am just wondering on people's opinions, which is better? a site that is linked heavily, or one that is linked slightly lighter but ranks high in msn and yahoo?

Google. Highly linked, more results, and much faster at loading. Not convered in zillions of ads and high-end images.

I've found MSN to have the better search results as of late. I dont need google any longer.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

msn.com looks more like a portal than a search engine

Google is fast and easy to use.

i find msn to be more accurate than google now, if you want to use msn without the portal and ads go to: http://search.msn.com/
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

the search results to me still look too crowded and bad color scheme imho google's result page is by far one of the most superior! yahoo and msn just dont get the word "SIMPLE" they always have to make it look pro and complicated

well google is best, no matter a new search engine can ever make it or an exiting gaint like yahoo or msn can

Originally posted by spechackers
    well google is best, no matter a new search engine can ever make it or an exiting gaint like yahoo or msn can
    That's quite an ignorant statement if I understand it correct. Are you saying there will never be anything better than Google ?

Originally posted by Directory
    msn.com looks more like a portal than a search engine
    Yes, but search.msn.com is very clean and sleek

" and like yahoo actually ranks them pretty high!"

I had my site "clans hosting"

Started in september, came around march, went to google, wasn't even listed high

yahoo, #1

addicted to google.com , hardly would use any other search engine.

MSN does not have any local search yet, right?

Originally posted by foress

http://search.msn.com/local/
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

Originally posted by foress

At http://search.msn.com/ enter what you want to search and press Near me , it gives result according to your region then i think.

we shouldn't forget msn is a all arround company, google is ONLY for search engines! thats why yahoo should be names and shamed as they too are mainly a search engines . email provider and they do nowhere near as good as google!

Msn has SO MANY services, e.g. msn gaming zone, hotmail, chat and ALOT MORE all with alot of users!

Originally posted by Directory
    we shouldn't forget msn is a all arround company, google is ONLY for search engines! thats why yahoo should be names and shamed as they too are mainly a search engines . email provider and they do nowhere near as good as google!

Msn has SO MANY services, e.g. msn gaming zone, hotmail, chat and ALOT MORE all with alot of users!
    Yeah, because we all know gmail, the google mapping stuff, etc... are all in our minds. Google is "ONLY" for search engine. LOL (seriously, Laughing Out Loud!).

MSN search is pretty good... I like it.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

gmail's active users is nowhere near the amount of users yahoo email and hotmail have!

Google is great but they don't include my site. Well they do but just the link, no description or anything on my site. So when I tried a key word for my site, it doesn't come up.

hehe, they banned one of my url's (but it wasn't mine before) i backordered it! but as far as i know it will remain banned for life

I rank top five in many of my favorite keywords in both Google and MSN (Yahoo continues to burry me deep). As a matter of fact, I rank top 3 in MSN.

The results? In addition to Google Images, Google gives me over three and half times (3 1/2) more visitors than MSN. No wonder webmasters, SEO gurus etc. focus more on Google. The simiply deliver visitors, and lots of them. But with Google, you'll have to be patience. Google didn't even bother to index one of my websites for over a year while in that same time fame they crawl that site almost everyday. I know, it's crazy.

I find it easier to get top rank on MSN than in Google.

Originally posted by TieuDieuTu
    I rank top five in many of my favorite keywords in both Google and MSN (Yahoo continues to burry me deep). As a matter of fact, I rank top 3 in MSN.

The results? In addition to Google Images, Google gives me over three and half times (3 1/2) more visitors than MSN. No wonder webmasters, SEO gurus etc. focus more on Google. The simiply deliver visitors, and lots of them. But with Google, you'll have to be patience. Google didn't even bother to index one of my websites for over a year while in that same time fame they crawl that site almost everyday. I know, it's crazy.

I find it easier to get top rank on MSN than in Google.
    Yes, we've been online for... about a year and a half with this domain... and... in the last month, JUST got cached into google. Oh well, all is good. Though most the key words you find us on msn/yahoo for, you won't find us anywhere on google with.

Ah well. They can do what they like... I personally enjoy having a 90% WOM user base. Search engines are evil anyway, heh.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs