cPanel FTP account quotas

Hey, is this a bug or what, but I have made an FTP account using cPanel, and for quota I set 250 MB. However, this specific user, when viewing the FTP accounts page on cPanel, is using almost 500 MB of space, which is far over the limit I specified.
    To be exact it says:
    488.58/250.00M 196% used

I am using Pure-FTPd and the latest cPanel/WHM.

Any ideas?

should help

Flint, Michigan
    I think this would fit better in the technical forum, but in any case I believe quota checks are run once a day. A person can go over his/her quota within that time, but will be suspended (if they are set to be suspended at the limit) when the quotacheck is run.
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

Thanks for tips.

Well, I ran the scripts and it still doesn't work.
    By the way, I am not talking about the cPanel accounts going over their limit, but the individual FTP accounts that cPanel account owners have setup themselves.

If I am not mistaken, fixquotas and such only fixes quotas of the cPanel accounts, but not every sub FTP account's.

I am air u breathe
    Have you checked the configuration file for the FTP account?If this file has the correct settings,you would get a 'Quota Exceeded' message.Probably this file is corrupted or missing.

It is reliability that counts...
    Few tips

I have got a one question
    which config is best for FTP and quota problem?
    I have same problem on whm

I highly doubt you can set quota for FTP accounts as they are virtual FTP accounts. Even if it gives you the option to set quota, I think it just being put there and displayed. If it does work, please let me know ~

The FTP usage count towards your cpanel account disk usage ~

I've just searched and found out that pure-FTPd support virtual user disk quota... so probably does what you need ~