Team Working on Birth Control for Men

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050622/..._contraceptive

I wonder how long it will take for them or other people to come up with the pill for the guys...

Id just say get it cut off

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    You first

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    How does that have anything to do with taking a pill to stop the conception of an unwanted child?

So... where do I signup?

If this comes out, I imagine the transmission of STD's will go up greatly since guys won't have to wear condoms.

Originally posted by inogenius
    If this comes out, I imagine the transmission of STD's will go up greatly since guys won't have to wear condoms.
    That's a completely seperate issue. For the responsible ones, this will be nothing more then greatness

Which sex's birth controll do you think would work both?
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Originally posted by inogenius
    The "pill" for women does not protect against STDs either. It will really make no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpired
    The "pill" for women does not protect against STDs either. It will really make no difference.
    I beg to differ. At the moment, men use condoms so the spread of STD's is at it's current rate while women continue to use the pill in other cases. But...when a pill comes out for males, the condom will be used less so there is no protection on both the female and male side from the transmission of STD's so the transmission rate will be higher...

why would guys take such a risk? the perfect solution for not having a child and still playing it safe would be for each to take the birth control and wear a condom. this would greatly decrease your chances of getting pregant from slim to nil.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by CyanoX
    Quote Originally Posted by JSpired
    I beg to differ. At the moment, men use condoms
    If you go back to my original quote, I stated "The 'pill' for women does not protect against STDs either."

I was differentiating from your opinion of 'It will really make no difference.'.

Putting a condom on is such a hassle, if you only have one partner. It also costs quite a lot of money, depending on how often you have sex. The pill is great, only downside is that you must NOT forget to take it. I think women would be used to taking the pill every day, whereas for men we'd have to think about it every day, cause I think I would forget it some day

i had this conversation with my gf a few months back - we both agreed (iirc) that (in general) women should take the pill. why? because if its forgotten and they get pregnant, its their fault. if you're a woman relying on a partner, and that partner forgets, you have to live with the consequences, not the partner. why would you leave something as big as that in the hands of someone else, trustworthy, reliable, honest or not?

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    why would guys take such a risk? the perfect solution for not having a child and still playing it safe would be for each to take the birth control and wear a condom. this would greatly decrease your chances of getting pregant from slim to nil.
    Because it feels much better without the condom. When you try it both ways you will realise how poor condoms are.

I'd take the pill.

And I agree with Kauwgomballen, they are a hassle.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

The condom serves 2 purposes though. This pill serves one. While the condom will protect you from getting std's it will prevent pregnancy and vice versa.

I think the pill for men is a stupid idea. I wouldn't remember to take the pill everyday. However a condom is a much different story.

Prescriptions and doctor visits cost far more money then condoms, not to mention add inconvenience to your life. Who wants to take a day off of work to see a doctor, then ask the doctor for birth control just so they can have sex? I rather stop at a store and get a condom. Condoms are easier, less expensive, and add 2 levels of protection.

I dont agree nore disagree on the uses of condoms.

I think ur find...(may change if u live in places like london and richer parts of the country) that condoms and perscriptions are about the same price.

ok condoms stop the spread of std's but if you dont go out with a typical girl she shouldnt have an std anyway. (vis versa, i dont wanna be sexist here.)

There is no gurantee that pill will work everytime..

Condom is better than pill.

to be more safe, use both pill and condom.
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"

Because it feels much better without the condom. When you try it both ways you will realise how poor condoms are.
    I'm not trying to be gross or anything, but i've tried a condom before and I have no clue as to how they are uncomfortable. I mean it actually felt good and perfectly natural to me.
    Kerry Jones