How to upgrade from CentOS 3.3 to 3.5?

I am using cpanel server and could anyone help tell how to upgrade from CentOS 3.3 to 3.5?

thanks

DI
    Downloadinn.com - Ultimate Download Service

You can use 'yum' to upgrade your OS. If you have note done this before i strongly recommand you to have your system admin or hire a system admin to do this job coz if anything goes wrong will corrupt your entire server..
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

What is the main benefits of 3.5? It seems more important than 3.3->3.4 ?

umm for cpanel there was a bug in YUM that breaks Bind. Great benefit 3.4-> 3.5
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Originally posted by VapoRub
    umm for cpanel there was a bug in YUM that breaks Bind. Great benefit 3.4-> 3.5
    It's far from a cPanel bug, it's a flaw in RHEL 3.5 which Redhat do not want to fix. The easiest way to prevent the damage is to add caching-nameserver to your skip list, otherwise remove the rpm, ( make a backup of named.conf ), and copy the renamed or backedup named.conf to the origonal location. Restart named and your done.

I know that rack911.com offer this service for ~ $50.

How critical is this upgrade? I know it should probably be done, but I am curious if time is little on our side to investigate and hire a proper admin to do the installation. The rack911 possibility sounds good above and perhaps I'll check that out.

Thank you!

How critical is it? is my question too!

If you need to hire an admin to run a command "yum update" and reboot your machine into a new kernel, I would definitly recommend the services of Steven @ Rack911.com.

No updating means you are leaving potentially vulnerable services and programs installed on your machine which can be exploited or used to dos your server. This is really something you should be taking care of on a daily basis. I would also advise you aquire a local test box to trial such things on before doing so on a production box, unless the box means nothing to you, and is just a play toy.