Question Mmmm...Raw cookie dough

Who could possibly resist raw cookie dough?

That's not my real question though.
    You know those packages of Pillsbury cookie dough where they are already cut (into nice bite sized pieces ) and you just place them on the sheet and bake?

Well, we had one of those in our fridge which wen unused for about two weeks, so the other day I opened it up and popped about three in my mouth within an hour.
    Since then, I've had six more.

I've always heard that eating raw cookie dough can be bad for you, I think it may have involved salmonella (sp?).
    Is this true?

If so, how much would you have to eat?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Re: Mmmm...Raw cookie dough

Originally posted by jasong
    Who could possibly resist raw cookie dough?

That's not my real question though.
    You know those packages of Pillsbury cookie dough where they are already cut (into nice bite sized pieces ) and you just place them on the sheet and bake?

Well, we had one of those in our fridge which wen unused for about two weeks, so the other day I opened it up and popped about three in my mouth within an hour.
    Since then, I've had six more.

I've always heard that eating raw cookie dough can be bad for you, I think it may have involved salmonella (sp?).
    Is this true?

If so, how much would you have to eat?

Thanks,
    Jason
    About every few months I purchase the Sweet Marthas brand or the generic store brand. I have been doing this for many years, and I usually end up eating a number of the cookies raw. I have never had a problem.

The concern is that the uncooked eggs in the dough may cause Salmonella. My *guess* is that the eggs used in commercial dough are pasteurized, for liability reasons. (They irradiate some meats too)

I wouldn't be too concerned, you will know in 6 and 48 hours if you have a problem.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources
    Read about your company in the news
    Web Hosting Press Releases

I think I've read the ingredients on the Pilsbury kind... Your safe to eat those

I heard that it can blow up in ur stomich which could cause pain, if uncooked, just like pizza...And you might get sick from the raw eggs...

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    I heard that it can blow up in ur stomich which could cause pain, if uncooked, just like pizza..
    Do you know how many people eat cold pizza? It's a very common thing. Plus, I don't think HCL is going to react with a bacteria and explode.

I've had two raw "cookies" since I posted
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Originally posted by jasong
    Do you know how many people eat cold pizza? It's a very common thing. Plus, I don't think HCL is going to react with a bacteria and explode.

I've had two raw "cookies" since I posted
    I'm going to agree with Criminal#58369 on this one. When people eat cold pizza, it doesn't expand in the stomach because it's already cooked, and simply just cooled down. However, if you eat cold, uncooked pizza, it could blow up in your stomach. The same thing happens with watermelon seeds. There have been many documented cases of false pregnancies resulting from the swallowing of watermeleon seeds. Imagine the look on the dad's face when he finds out his next child isn't a boy nor a girl, but a watermelon.

I actually had some cold pizza today... It was damn good