Windows VPS W/O Control Panel

I have had a hard time finding a decent VPS provider..and even gave up and tried a shared package for a while. I do quite a bit with MSSQL, and this shared host's support was a bit slow and didnt seem to know MSSQL at all. I decided to try to find a VPS again.... so, what is the recomendations....I have looked at previous threads but none seem to fit the bill.

No control panel. This is for a single site...no need to have a control panel.

Windows 2000 or 2003 Standard. If it does not come with MSSQL, I will install myself.

Bandwidth/Space requirments are rather low, since it is only one site.

As I mentioned, I have reviewed the other windows vps threads and looked over the hosts that were mentioned. None seemed to offer any other these.

Thanks for the information!

Matthew

VPS technology for windows does not exists.

Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I think it is myth.

i can't find anyone in the world who try it.

lol sure it exists and is in use, ezzi.net powervps.com and a few others either sell it or are testing it. it may not be the most advanced mature product but it is by no meansa myth.
    --
    Rich

Igoron, you are a complete "man on the moon". I think you should better start your post by "I think" or "In my opinion".

ok, ok. i see, now it is exists.

i realy try to find it 1-2 month ago. but no success.

Windows 2000 or 2003 Standard. If it does not come with MSSQL, I will install myself.
    You're going to install MS SQL on a VPS?

Recently found this provider in Spain, what do you think ?

http://www.webstudio.es/vps/windows.htm

Originally posted by afa340a
    You're going to install MS SQL on a VPS?
    I'd recommend simply using MSDE which does the same thing and it's free. We use it, it works very well.

I can suggest www.solidhost.com

I dont have a windows VPS with them, but a linux one, and im sure the windows ones are better still.

They are really really good! Pro's at everything and help me with alsorts i run into that i havent seen before.

The prices are really good too.

They set me up really fast and im probably the most impatient person ever .

What else can i say apart from the best host i have ever had, well worth a look

kaveyhosting.com cheap + reliable, got an account with them1

We all have our optinions, but solidhost plans are cheaper, never any set up fee's like kavey, all support answered within 2 hours for me.

Hi!
    The only bad thing about their virtual technology is the memory requirements. 1GB RAM just to run on a normal PC? Ouch.

Bryon

I can suggest burstnet vps, you can get a one month free trial also.

Hi!
    Oh..trust me...I'm maxed out right now on free trials. I've got more VPS's than I know what to do with. Four Win 2003 and 2 Linux currently with three different control panels..Plesk (Free and Licensed versions) Helm (30 day trial and normal license) and Cpanel on the two Linux. I am complete. Oh..wait..no..I have not yet tried VMware. Not complete yet!

Myyyyy prrrreeeeccciiioooouuussssessss!

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 06-27-2005 at 06:51 AM.