One Time Show...Splash Page

Hey All,

I'm looking to create a splash page the only loads one time for a user as the homepage and then from then on every time they come back they just go to the standard homepage..much like: http://www2.obamaforillinois.com/splash.php

Does anyone know how to do that and if so, can you share with me how its done? Thanks.
    - Sean

Do you have any experience with PHP and Cookies??

I would your easiest way is to set a cookie when the user first joins.. then have the page check for a cookie (BEFORE DISPLAYING the IMG) then if it finds a cookie re-direct them to a different page... if no cookie is found display the image...

Just my .02

I second that, have the 1st page called index (nothing new there) & then as platinumn said, you could then have the main returning user page loaded up depending on if the cookie was present or not. You could even have it so that, say if the user had not visitied your site for several months, it would then display the spalsh page again due to the cookie being expired.

I don't know how to code that or make a cookie. Do you have any insight on how I can create those?

Thank you both for your help
    - Sean