Thumbs up Review: iHostAsp.net (for those looking for .NET hosting)

I was looking for a .NET web host for a relatively low volume site and came by iHostAsp.net. Things that attracted me to their offerings:
    - .NET focus
    - reasonable prices, i.e. not too low (don't want to have them overselling it) and not too high
    - excellent feature packages
    - MySQL DB inclusion with ever plan, good number of DBs and total storage size
    - PHP inclusion

I contacted the company with pre-sales questions and had all of them promptly answered. The person I dealt with was kind enough to set me up with a free one month trial.

Here's what I need to host:
    - relatively static ASP.NET web site (usysware.com)
    - PHP/MySQL based forums
    - blog (either ASP.NET based or PHP/MySQL based)

I've had several technical issues with blog engine dasBlog and had to extensively correspond with their support. It turned out that dasBlog requires ASP.NET full trust mode whereas iHostAsp.net only allows partial trust mode for shared hosting, which makes perfect sense to me (and also makes me wonder why did my previous host allowed for the full trust in the first place?).

I've switched to a different blog engine - WordPress (PHP/MySQL) but ran into weird issues with .NET-based rss readers. With iHostAsp.Net support's help we've ruled out the server side and I eventually found and fixed a problem in one of the WordPress's PHP scripts. iHostAsp.Net support stayed with me through the whole troubleshooting phase.

My free trial is almost up and I'm definitely gonna continue using their service. Overall I'm very satisfied with their service.

Here's how it all stacks up:
    Pre-sales questions: 10/10
    Account setup: 10/10
    Support response: 9.5/10 (response time was anywhere from 10 or 20 minutes to few hours, or half a day over the weekend)
    Support knowledge: 10/10
    Server responsiveness: 10/10
    Server up time: 10/10
    Billing: N/A (due to free trial)
    Features: 9/10 (I wish they'd offer to pre-install some of the common packages like .Text, WordPress, DNN via Control Panel, but it's apparently on their to-do list)

I wish them best of luck and great success in the future.

Hope this helps.

Excellent review! Please update us in a few months.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

response time was anywhere from 10 or 20 minutes
    Now that should no doubt be a 10 and not a 9.5/10 for me that would be the winning factor even 30 minutes all the time is mighty good
    Let know how it goes.

The Napster

"half a day over the weekend"
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.