Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ArgonBlue?

Something is VERY wrong here.

Even Cogent and AboveNet on GigE commits are not even -double- that figure, at least in SJC.

I would run like the wind if quoted $450/Mo for 100 Mbit/s unmetered. Perhaps there's a setup fee, or other hidden charges??

Good luck.

Originally posted by jsw6
    What equipment do you actually own and operate? I was under the impression that your organization resells Hurricane Electric products and does not actually have any infrastructure to speak of. Your web site indicates you have your own backbone, but we all know that's really HE's ... I'm just wondering what technical role you fill for your customers? Are you just a sales & support organization (not that there is anything wrong with that?)
    Your impression is right. We do sell HE bandwidth. We have 6 Dell servers doing dns, www, mail, mrtg, monitoring and online backup - our new service that we are providing. We also have gig and 10/100 mbps switches. all switches have a hot backup at each site. each switch carries it own extended warranty. we try to swap out each switch at around 3 - 4 years to minimize problem. I kinda look at us as trying to please while not break our piggy bank or my paycheck.
    argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Originally posted by mm455
    $4.5/Mbit.. I'm more than worried!
    If I just increase the price for you. Would that make you feel less worry?
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Originally posted by nectar
    Something is VERY wrong here.

Even Cogent and AboveNet on GigE commits are not even -double- that figure, at least in SJC.

I would run like the wind if quoted $450/Mo for 100 Mbit/s unmetered. Perhaps there's a setup fee, or other hidden charges??

Good luck.
    We don't offer that deal in SJC due to current security restriction and it is for full cabinet customer only for now. (if you check out our ad posting - you will see our other special that we run from time to time). We are not Cogent or AboveNet reseller that is for sure right now. We are Argon Blue - Not the biggest HE reseller and definitely not the smaller, we are also not a reseller of a HE reseller. There is a couple of those lurking around in these forum. In Fremont, it is a total different story. We have room, we have cabinet, we have bandwidth and we love money.

So if you have some colo need, just ask maybe we can help or maybe NOT.

The reason for concern is, everyone here well knows he.net will not deliver bandwidth for 4.50$/mbit, or even double that price. So that leads to one of two conclusions.

1) Massive overselling
    2) Said company is operating at a drastic loss
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

Originally posted by Neosurge
    The reason for concern is, everyone here well knows he.net will not deliver bandwidth for 4.50$/mbit, or even double that price. So that leads to one of two conclusions.

1) Massive overselling
    2) Said company is operating at a drastic loss
    or 3. We are just genius

It sounds to me like we are lacking in first hand testimonials. argonblue, it seems to me like you may want to gather some current customers to back you up or find some other way to calm the skepticism here. If you can show that your product is solid, you will have a real winner on your hands that would mean a lot of business.

JA

I Agree with JA

Originally posted by JamesonA
    It sounds to me like we are lacking in first hand testimonials. argonblue, it seems to me like you may want to gather some current customers to back you up or find some other way to calm the skepticism here. If you can show that your product is solid, you will have a real winner on your hands that would mean a lot of business.

JA
    It is strange that you are asking for reference/testimonial especially we are currently doing business with CRG West of all people. We have a small amount of space in 55 S. Market. If you really want reference/testimonial talk to Jackie, Tom, Mike and Mark. They will probably telll you that we are the most annoying and demanding people they know from Sacramento (Hehe!).

$4.50/meg is unrealistic for any serious server , I too have seen plenty of 100meg boxes that push the full port 24/7.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Where are you housing the Unmetered 100mbps servers at for the $450 and further more where would one signup, I have a powerhouse sitting here I would love to send in and give it a try.

I believe the company was argonblue. try www.argonblue.com

anyone have a link to the offering?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

No link to give, that was a sales quote given to the poster.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by argonblue
    It is strange that you are asking for reference/testimonial especially we are currently doing business with CRG West of all people. We have a small amount of space in 55 S. Market. If you really want reference/testimonial talk to Jackie, Tom, Mike and Mark. They will probably telll you that we are the most annoying and demanding people they know from Sacramento (Hehe!).
    Busted!

Hello,
    I think my message was really mis-interpereted. Of course I was aware of our arangement with argonblue and they do good business with us. The San Jose team really likes AB as a company and so naturally I would love them to thrive in our facilities. The deal that is listed here is a really great deal and I was merely sugesting that AB get some customer reviews because if I talk up AB as a company, it seems a little transparent. The fact that AB has space at MPT/MaeWest really is no secret.

Thanks,
    JA

Originally posted by JamesonA
    Hello,
    I think my message was really mis-interpereted. Of course I was aware of our arangement with argonblue and they do good business with us. The San Jose team really likes AB as a company and so naturally I would love them to thrive in our facilities. The deal that is listed here is a really great deal and I was merely sugesting that AB get some customer reviews because if I talk up AB as a company, it seems a little transparent. The fact that AB has space at MPT/MaeWest really is no secret.

Thanks,
    JA
    Thanks for the clarification, the staff and folks at MPT are top notch even though I might not have met everyone face to face. They are willing to bend over backward to accomodate every single client request that we have in the facility. All the feedback from them have been positive. We were delighted at our decision to have our second colocation facility with your company. Say hi to John S. for me in Wilshire.

Originally posted by tomsyer
    Where are you housing the Unmetered 100mbps servers at for the $450 and further more where would one signup, I have a powerhouse sitting here I would love to send in and give it a try.
    Your server will be in our shared cabinet in Fremont, if you choose to co-locate with us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12