Need dreamweaver help pls

I have over 600 pages for a site and wanna add a third party stat counter to my site and obviously don't wanna manually add the code to all the pages as that would take ages.

I got told I could do it in DW and got told to goto edit > find and replace, but when I do that and select the directory the pages are in the pages don't show up and am kinda stuck, anyone help me out pls?

Thnx

With dreamweaver the easiest way to do it is by creating a site.

Go to the Manage Sites option and create a new site (if you don't have it already.

In the find window you can choose to look in the whole site, and be sure to select the option to compare the HTML instead of just the text.

Then, you can replace a bit of HTML code that exists on all of the HTML pages with that same bit of code plus the counter code.

So for example, you could have it find </body> and then replace it with *the counter code*</body> and it'll add it to all pages.

So, why would he need to create a new site, exactly?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

There is some reason I said that. I feel like the find/replace doesn't work right on one of the versions of Dreamweaver unless it is in a site. I may be off my rocker though.

Originally posted by gonknet
    With dreamweaver the easiest way to do it is by creating a site.

Go to the Manage Sites option and create a new site (if you don't have it already.

In the find window you can choose to look in the whole site, and be sure to select the option to compare the HTML instead of just the text.

Then, you can replace a bit of HTML code that exists on all of the HTML pages with that same bit of code plus the counter code.

So for example, you could have it find </body> and then replace it with *the counter code*</body> and it'll add it to all pages.
    Hi

I made a new site like you said then the edit site option came up but it still doesn't show any files and I then get stuck again.

Thanks

**BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST*** I do this by quickly rar'ing (or zipping) the folder of the files.

Open any file in Dreamweaver

CTRL+F

Under "Find in" choose "Folder"

Browse to your site folder.

Hopefully your code is similiar on each page, if not you could try this:

Find </body>

Replace all with: <---counter code---> </body>

Test, should work!

do u have the header and footer files seperately or it is built in all pages.

Originally posted by revelationdesign
    **BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST*** I do this by quickly rar'ing (or zipping) the folder of the files.

Open any file in Dreamweaver

CTRL+F

Under "Find in" choose "Folder"

Browse to your site folder.

Hopefully your code is similiar on each page, if not you could try this:

Find </body>

Replace all with: <---counter code---> </body>

Test, should work!
    I'll try that, thanks.

do u have the header and footer files seperately or it is built in all pages.
    Built in