Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Tom Cruise Water Incident

http://www.chortler.com/18069squirt.shtml

Does anybody know where I can find a clip of this online?
    I've tried searching everywhere.

SkyNews has it, but they won't let me view it because I live in the US (That made me very mad!).

Thanks!
    Jason
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

I don't know of anywhere online, Jason, but I have seen it several times on the news.

Tom Cruise dealt with it very well in my oppinion, the reporter seemed to be stunned at the way Tom dealt with it, and in the end the joke was on the reporter, as Tom made a total fool out of him.

Completely rude and just unprofessional! Tom handled it very well. He remained calm and professional. I'm sure the jerk wouldn't have hestitated to bring criminal charges against Cruise had he put his hands on him.

Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Yes, I don't really consider it a good prank at all.
    I agree Tom did handle the guy quite well in a professional manner.
    Kerry Jones

I agree... I didn't find anything quite funny about that video clip and after all of the celeb outbursts latley, Tom has handled it the best so far.
    fuse9 LLC
    -Support Team-
    fusing the core of the internet
    Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Custom Plans

Maybe if it had been a squirting flower and Tom had leaned over to smell it, it would've been worth a chuckle.

The way they did it though was quite rude. A lot of celebs can't be bothered to say 2 words to reporters while on the red carpet. I think Tom handled it quite well - he remained calm, professional, and certainly made the prankster look like an idiot.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I actually thought the guy that squirted him was going to cry. It looked like he was there for a second when we watched the news last night. I hope they all serve at least a day in jail!

Reminds me of these guys in the US, although I still think their Cheese Ninja prank was funny http://www.newsbreakers.org/
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Talking

Originally posted by CTG
    Reminds me of these guys in the US, although I still think their Cheese Ninja prank was funny http://www.newsbreakers.org/
    looooooool

so funny..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by Rob83
    Completely rude and just unprofessional! Tom handled it very well. He remained calm and professional.
    Yeah, I agree. As much as I think Cruise is a bit of a wally, with this publicity stunt marriage sham with Katie Holmes, he handled that water incident well.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yeah, I agree. As much as I think Cruise is a bit of a wally, with this publicity stunt marriage sham with Katie Holmes, he handled that water incident well.

Not a big fan of Tom here.
    He was somewhat of a strange bird when he was in the Cayman Islands filming The Firm. Hackman was far more personable.

But I give credit where credit is due.
    He certainly turned the tables on this so called practical joker.

I think it's a black eye for TV comedy shows when they consider trying to get a celebrity to lash out funny.

I completely disagree with you all. He made a complete *** of himself - it was only water for gods sake. Just shows that he is as arrogant as he comes across every time you see him.

Some people just take things far too seriously.

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    I completely disagree with you all. He made a complete *** of himself - it was only water for gods sake. Just shows that he is as arrogant as he comes across every time you see him.

Some people just take things far too seriously.

Just try to remember this when some jerk off comes up to you out of nowhere in a public place and squirts water in your face in front of cameras.

Somehow I doubt very much you would be so calm as you let on.

I fail to see how he made an *** of himself.

Did you just call him a jerk because Tom did? Do you adore Tom?

Some people just need to lighten up. It was an obvious joke with no malicious intent.

It was just a joke and tom took it to serious. Sure, it was a very stupid bad joke, but a joke none the less.

Some people just need to lighten up. It was an obvious joke with no malicious intent.

I call him a jerk because it was a stupid thing to do.

Why would I have to adore Tom Cruise to think that?
    Or are you just trolling? Perhaps since you can't back up your argument and explain how Cruise acted improperly you would rather resort to some silly pre-pubescent innuendo.

I think it was just a joke gone wrong, probably this was the wrong time for the joke. I am a big fan, but I don't know why Tom got so upset about it.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I don't think it's a sham. He seems very serious about it. Anyway, that's another matter.

Originally posted by blue27
    I call him a jerk because it was a stupid thing to do.

Why would I have to adore Tom Cruise to think that?
    Or are you just trolling? Perhaps since you can't back up your argument and explain how Cruise acted improperly you would rather resort to some silly pre-pubescent innuendo.
    Perhaps I ought to replace the word 'adore' with idolise as that was more my meaning. There really is nothing to argue. And I certainly am not trolling, I disagree with your position and am entitled to say so.

I never stated that he acted improperly - he is certainly permitted to make an *** out of himself. If he is going to act and carry on in an arrogant and egotistical manner as he does in the public eye then he can only deserve to be targeted.

The joke may not have been funny or successful but his reaction was unnecessarily over the top. He ought to have taken it in his stride.

I do not adore Tom, but I feel he is a good actor in some films. Though I still think the guy who did it is a jerk. Tom was nice enough to give an interview with a person and this is what he does.

I think Tom was about to have a laugh at it in the first instance, and then it changed, watch it again, he has a grin on his face.

It seems that when the prankster went to walk away he got pissed.

I can't stand the guy, him and Russell Crow are from the same mould.

Perhaps I ought to replace the word 'adore' with idolise as that was more my meaning. There really is nothing to argue. And I certainly am not trolling, I disagree with your position and am entitled to say so.

I never stated that he acted improperly - he is certainly permitted to make an *** out of himself. If he is going to act and carry on in an arrogant and egotistical manner as he does in the public eye then he can only deserve to be targeted.

The joke may not have been funny or successful but his reaction was unnecessarily over the top. He ought to have taken it in his stride.

Perhaps you should learn to spell idolize before you start using it as a replacement.
    You didn't just disagree with my opinion, you made a childish little innuendo as to how I felt about Tom Cruise.
    You stated that he made an *** out of himself. Are you suggesting now that people who you consider to be making an *** out of themselves are not acting improperly?

How was he being arrogant? You still have yet to explain that.
    Some idiot squirts water on him in a public event and Cruise asked him why he would do such a thing.

What was over the top about this reaction?
    Did you even see the event or, at the risk of being repetitive, are you just trolling?

My god, how ridiculous are you. Down in this part of the world we don't spell everything with a 'z'. You have lost all my respect now - attempting to bring in such a childish comment such as that when it's not even correct.

Yes, I did see the event. And I am not specifically referring to him as arrogant because of this incident but because of his general demeanour.

Impropriety and looking like an *** aren't necessarily one and the same.
    Last edited by -T{H}R-; 06-21-2005 at 10:13 PM.

. . . He was somewhat of a strange bird when he was in the Cayman Islands filming The Firm. Hackman was far more personable.
    Now that was a great film! Great storyline, good characters.

You're from that neck of the woods. Did you have any personal interaction with cruise and hackman, during the making of that film?

. . . Some idiot squirts water on him in a public event and Cruise asked him why he would do such a thing.

What was over the top about this reaction?
    I thought he handled himself with dignity, and self control. He's there promoting the film, giving on the spot interviews with probably dozens of media organistions, and then a reporter sprays him with water. I would have been furious, and certianly not as composed and calm as Cruise was.

I personally think Cruise is a wally, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast