Finally Justice in Mississippi

Killen Found Guilty on 3 Counts of Manslaughter.

It was a long time coming.
    I hope he rots in hell.

Perhaps some of the Black population in the prison would like to get their chance at this scum.

Excellent.

Manslaughter?
    Isn't that when you kill somebody on accident?
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

The unlawful killing of another without malice; may be either voluntary upon a sudden impulse, or involuntary in the commission of some unlawful act.
    - Jamie Harrop

He probably won't serve jail time, due to his "declining health". I guess we shall see.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    He probably won't serve jail time, due to his "declining health". I guess we shall see.

His declining health doesn't enter into it.

This garbage will die in prison. Even if it is a prison hospital it's still prison.

It's unforunate that the jury is still not able to see this for what it is.
    This was first degree murder of 3 young men.
    To suggest that there was no "malice" is absurd.

What I wonder is, why did it take them so long???
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by blue27
    His declining health doesn't enter into it.
    Wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

Perhaps you have some examples of a triple murderer not going to jail because of failing health?

Originally posted by blue27
    Perhaps you have some examples of a triple murderer not going to jail because of failing health?
    No, I don't, but he's 80 years old, and I just doubt he'll go to prison. Also, keep in mind he wasn't convicted of murder, but of manslaughter. I feel he deserved the murder convictions, but I guess the jury didn't.

KKK member found guilty at 80

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/400b3eea-e2...00e2511c8.html

I can't believe there are still people as sick as this at that age!
    (or any age for that matter)

Edgar Ray Killen, an 80-year-old former Ku Klux Klansman, was on Tuesday found guilty of manslaughter in the 1964 killings of three civil rights activists in Mississippi, but acquitted of murder.
    Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Simply mindless, all i can say.

This has already been posted.

Racism is still a problem in the United States, although I don't see why it should be. The United States is unique because it is made up of people of all races/ethnic background, that's just what makes up the US. If people are not fond of other races, I think they need to just leave this country and go somewhere with their 'own kind' (not trying to sound discriminative).

This has already been posted.
    Really? Oops sorry about that, didn't see the other one..
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

It's good to see so people are reminded that there really isn't a statue of limitations for murderers! No matter how old!

That is just dumb. He has probably learned his lesson and I am quite sure that he will not do it again. He should just live his last few years in happiness and with his family and not in prison.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

What? He murdered 3 people in Mississippi. He deserves that punishment, it's not like the 3 people he killed will magically come back and his status of murderer just disappears. If you do something wrong, you know you'll pay for it, one way or another; it's just a matter of time. I feel not pity for this former KKK member at all.

Originally posted by Bakie
    That is just dumb. He has probably learned his lesson and I am quite sure that he will not do it again. He should just live his last few years in happiness and with his family and not in prison.

You either have to be joking or trolling.

Give your head a shake.
    We should leave this triple murderer ALONE?

What the hell are you thinking?

Put yourself in the place of the parents and families of the murder victims.

This piece of crap should be forced into a slow death to make up for all the time he spent as a free man that he didn't deserve.

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    The unlawful killing of another without malice; may be either voluntary upon a sudden impulse, or involuntary in the commission of some unlawful act.
    That's a dictionary definition, not a legal one. In this case the manslaughter charge meant that the killing, regardless of how it happened and regardless of intent, occurred during commission of another felony. A murder conviction would have required proving specific intent to commit the killing.

That doesn't mean that the prosecution doesn't believe that there was intent, it's just the kind of strategic move that a prosecutor will sometimes make in order to be more confident of getting a conviction.

'Attorney General Jim Hood said earlier that with a murder charge, prosecutors had to prove intent to kill. With a manslaughter charge, he said, prosecutors had to prove only that a victim died while another crime was being committed.

"There's justice for all in Mississippi," Hood said after the verdicts were announced.'

They were beaten and shot, what more was needed for an "intent to kill"?
    It would seem there is more justice for some, less for others...

No, I don't, but he's 80 years old, and I just doubt he'll go to prison.
    The ex-CEO of Adelphia, 80-ish years old, was senteced to 15 years in prison, I believe, which at his condition amounts to a life inprinsonment. Yea ... 80 years old can go to prison.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by unixorn
    They were beaten and shot, what more was needed for an "intent to kill"?
    The distinction you're missing is that this defendant wasn't the only person present. While it may be clear that there was intent to kill by someone who was there (reportedly "several carloads" of men), it's not so clear that he himself demonstrated that intent. Using the manslaughter charge they only had to prove that he participated in the commission of a felony -- the abduction -- and that the victim died in connection to that crime.

60 years. Buh-bye Edgar Ray!

60 eh? After 41 years and this is all the state of Mississippi has to show for it? Sad... Good to see a "small" bit of justice was done.

I'd like to see if he actually goes to jail. If he does, it would be a nice surprise.

Originally posted by Bakie

wow..and dumbest comment of the day goes too...