PHP 5 - MySQL 4.1.12

Hi,

I plan for a first time in my life to purchase dedicated server. I see many offers out there but I have doubts about installation of php 5 and MySQL 4.1.12 on it.
    Is there anything I should take care of - are there any limitations like which versions of plesk or cpanel are already installed?

Also what platform do you suggest - Windows / Linux ...?

Thanks in advance!
    Momcilo

For more flexibility and stability use linux.
    And ... i dont like PHP5 due to bugs it got .

Originally posted by aikmedia
    For more flexibility and stability use linux.
    And ... i dont like PHP5 due to bugs it got .
    Hi aikmedia,

Thanks for a reply.
    Unfortunately I must have php 5 and mysql 4.1.x installed because it is a requirement of the web application I'm planning to install on it.
    Do you eventually now are there any issues regarding the installation of php 5 together with PLESK or CPanel? I heard that some versions of Plesk and CPanel do not comply with php 5?!

Thanks again,
    Momcilo

MySQL 4 will run fine on Plesk 7.5.x, not sure about php 5 as I haven't tried or heard of that running on Plesk 7.5 yet.

PHP5 and Mysql 4.1.x both run on cPanel. I have php4 and php5 running on our cpanel servers just for flrxability... and aikmedia, I use php5 for development then port back anything nessary for php4 to work as well... haven't seen any of these 'errors' you speak of, honest
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs