Thread: NYC Forum.

NYC Forum.

Hi, I am new here. I am so glad I've found this forum to talk about my hobby- webhosting. This is website i opened 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was randomly searching for domain names and didnt believe my eyes this domain was available. I have very high expectations from this website/forum and would appreciate any input on it from You. For the first 2 weeks website received over 2000 unique visitors, I think it was posted on some big blog, because attendance dropped from 350 a day to 45. Here is my website - http://forumnyc.com

Thank you in advance!
    mrkredo.

Nothing? I am dissapointed

What exactly do you need? Traffic or staff?

Just a review for now

Hello.

I checked out your website.

Btw, it is a great name. Good one.

Like you were saying, you have high expectations for this site, and I think if done correctly, you would probably be right.

Please don't take this wrong, but for such a great name and all the potential it has, I would seriously consider some other design.

When I think of nyc, as we all probably do, we think of this bustling, lively city. If you could some how integrate a design that reflects this, something more graphic, I think you would be on the right track. Just my honest opinion.

I hope that helps and all the best.

muzakman: I guess you are right, I will definately change/update few things later on.

Allthough, it is a forum and its not recommended to be heavy graphic- take a look at craigslist.org, for example. If this forum gets crazy traffic, I dont want to see any slow loading graphics.
    We'll see.
    Thanks fo review.
    mrkredo.

well design is little dull and change the logo

Originally posted by spechackers
    well design is little dull and change the logo
    Change the logo? Logo is best part. RU jelauos?

Its not dull. What the hell?

Your site isn't resolving for me tonight, sorry. Is it me?

Ahhh...thanks. I grew up in NYC and am excited to see your site. I'll try again later. Thanks for your post!

Nice, I work in the City. Love every minute of it. Little too hyper though

JSpired: Back online.

mrkendo definately change the banner. It should fit the space in the top, would look so much better.
    Right now looks like you just came up with something quickly and shoved it up there.
    I like the name keep working at it.

Thanks, will do that.

It seems so general, maybe that's why no one's using it. It's a good site, but no one wants to post where no one will look at it. Focus on a group that will want your site, not all of NYC and anything you can think of - they have sites for that special for them already

I think the responses you've received here are great! Just to repeat..

**Match your logo/header with your site. That will make a huge difference!

**Stretch your header/banner out to match the width of your site.

I'm a native New Yorker myself and have passed your link on.

Best of luck!

nice site just the hard part id think would be to get some users from nyc unless your good in that city (live there of course) and are gonna get the words on the streets
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Nice domain. Plenty of potential. Have you considered hiring a private designer to develop it?

Originally posted by conceptual
    Nice domain. Plenty of potential. Have you considered hiring a private designer to develop it?
    I am designer myself. I do not live in NY but work in Manhattan. If you notice, banner's colors does match color theme Thanks for all replies, guys.

Originally posted by JSpired
    I think the responses you've received here are great! Just to repeat..

**Match your logo/header with your site. That will make a huge difference!

**Stretch your header/banner out to match the width of your site.

I'm a native New Yorker myself and have passed your link on.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, man. I might work on the logo part this weekend.

Looks interesting... Great Domain Name by the way... pretty good score... I rent out liway.com (yes LI Was meant to Be Long Island) ... you definately beat me cuz I gave up on liway.com and rent it out now to some forum host kid...

Bloomberg in '06.

Hottweelz: haha, thanks!

If you want to make your forum more popular, get rid of a lot of those subforums. You do not need six forums to discuss New York sports when those forums are only getting a handful of replies. If you make just one big Sports forum, there will be more people in there, more people posting and newcomers will see that the forum is active and will join.

You should only have a lot of forums if you need to. If you're getting a hundred new topics a day in the Sports forum, it might be wise to make a Football, Baseball and Other Sports forums to distribute the posting a bit.

Maybe you should try more customizations?

Yes...I agree....try another design and people would love to come back to visit.

People not always come for design. Especially to forums... Take a look at http://craigslist.org design, for example.