All things Google

Browsing today through all the forums on WHT I saw quite an exceptional amount of issues related to Google. There are at least 10 threads in various forums related to adwords and adsense, more on optimization, the rumored GoogleCash phenomenon and so on.

I was wondering if the idea of creating of a dedicated "All things Google" would be appealing to iNet. There was a thread about gmail a while ago and that inspired my idea.

Of course there would be pro's and con's, but since Google is no longer "just a company", but alltogether a phenomenon, I would consider it an issue worth looking into.

Of course, just a thought...
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I think those issues could be talked about on the lounge just fine mate,no need to create a new base just for that......

I know what your gonna say "Then why was the sub base created for gmail??"

Cause there was just SO MANY GMAIL TOPICS it was becoming a pain,so they were all contained in 1 area for the time being.....(Which worked out quite nicely i might add)

WHT!!! INET!!!!!!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I kinda have to agree with The Dude here (strangely enough ), there just isn't enough Google related threads to justify their own subforum. I usually glance at most Google threads here, and I doubt there are usually more than 3-4 a day tops. Creating a new subforum just for that would be almost like having the premium subforums, just another dead subforum that most never post in.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

It was just a thought, nothing more. And with the upcoming developments by Google, we would see an increase of related topics.

Anyway, as I stated before, it was just a suggestion.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I would also add that I doubt iNet would want to create a sub-forum based on a single commercial company. Okay. everyone uses them (pretty much) but it just wouldn't make sense.
    A search engine related one could be good though and would cover all aspects.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

There was a Google Invites forum for a while.

However a Google forum is pointless [and why SPF has one.]

A search engine related one could be good though and would cover all aspects.
    A search engine forum won't cover Google

But besides that, I've got the point. So a All Things Google is not such a bright idea.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by Lorand M
    So a All Things Google is not such a bright idea.
    No one said it wasn't a bright idea. It's just I doubt the forum would get enough traffic to warrent adding it. If this was a small time forum, sure, but a forum which gets less than 20 new threads a day probably shouldn't be on WHT. Again, this is just my humble opinion, which means nothing more or less than your opinion on the matter.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Originally posted by Lorand M
    It was just a thought, nothing more.
    You must have missed the sign -

"THINKING IS PROHIBITED!"

AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I've bumped my head into it on the way in, but unfortunatelly I was savvy enough to keep going
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Currently a lot of google stuff goes in the Webdesign and Content forum.
    Subjects include, HTML, graphics, editors, CSS, Flash, graphics creation, Search Engine Optimization, placing of ads, and nearly anything else design related. Also talk about businesses that provide design services.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Thank you for clearing that up mousey. You're always on the spot
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli