Please help with updating my Kernal

Kernal: 2.4.20-8
    Server Specs:
    AMD Sempron 2400
    1 Gig Ram
    80 Gig HD
    Control Panel: Cpanel

It is telling me to update my kernal (It gives me this link: 2.4.20-8); however I have limited/no experience with server management and am clueless.

Can someone please help me out with this. I've tried to give you gives as much info as possible about my server. Thank you.

You would need to download the source or install an rpm kernel, but your OS is now obsolete.
    www.kernel.org is where to get the kernel source from.

You might be better to search for how to upgrade the redhat 9 OS to something like Centos or employ an administrator to do that for you.

Hehe. You know they are going to need help when they spell kernel "kernal" . But hey it happens to the best of us, good luck finding someone to help you out.

Originally posted by Netriox
    Hehe. You know they are going to need help when they spell kernel "kernal" . But hey it happens to the best of us, good luck finding someone to help you out.
    Ooops. My bad.

However I'm not a stupid person or anything. I consider myself acceptable coding wise; however, when it comes to server management, it's like I'm brand new. I don't even know howto get the rpm kernal, and update it onto my server.

And I would ask my host to do it but they'll charge $75 for it which I can't afford ATM.

Anyone know of any tutorials?

The How to forum contains lots of useful information http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=73
    It contains the answer to the question and the answer to a suggestion that I posted regarding updating the OS too

Careful use of the search feature on the forum would also narrow things down a little.

Hope this helps.