Hosting business for sale $450/month income

I was going to sell this awhile back, but decided not to. Well, it is just too much for me to handle. I run 2 businesses, and just dont have time for both of them.

I have 42 paying clients, with a total of $450 a month income.
    All clients pay by PayPal.

Some of them are reseller accounts, and some are regular hosting accounts.

Currently, between all of them, they are using about 6gb disc space and about 1 - 1.5GB a day in bandwidth.

The sale includes the domain name, the website, and all clients.

I have ClientExec installed on the domain for the billing, it is a leased license, but I resell CE and have 4 people paying for a CE, so my CE is free.

The website has been advertised well and receives on average about 150 unique vistors a day, and is now averaging about 4-5 new accounts a week.

I need to sell this ASAP. When I was selling it before, it was only generating about $325 a month in income, and I had an offer for $2500. So I would like to get atleast $4,000 for it, but that is negotiable.

Please reply FAST as I just dont have time for this business anymore and it is really hurting the time I can spend on my main business.

If you have any questions, please contact me at anyone of the following instant messengers.

Yahoo= helphousehosting
    MSN= [email protected]
    AOL= HHHSalesnSupport
    ICQ= 288524014

Hi...

Does this include the IPB licence?

Could you provide a breakdown of pricing on a per-plan basis?

Finally, what are your payment terms?

-Christian
    Christian A. Herrnboeck ([email protected])
    MonteCarloHosting :: Advanced, Web 2.0, Business Class Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller, Cloud, and Dedicated Solutions
    Backed by the World's Most Advanced Systems

That IPB is v1.3 and does not require a license.

You can see a break down of everything at http://helphousehosting.com/images/income.bmp

Payment terms are negotiable, but I do not want to sell just "Some" of them, and will not accept monthly payments, as alot of people have asked.

I understand that you want to sell all of them ;-) What I mean is, would you be willing to accept a 50/50 or 40/60 or 60/40 split of the total sum... Also, is your business a registered one? and if so, what state/province is it registerred in?

Finally, what's the general genre of your clients? (gaming, personal, business, etc?)

-Christian

Hi, no im sorry, I would not feel comfortable wit a 50/50 split, as I have been burned in the past too many times doing that.

The business is not registered.

And there is no set genre,their are personal, gaming, business, and other sites hosted.
    Last edited by build-a-host; 06-20-2005 at 07:35 PM.

You can, however, hardly expect someone to give you 3 - 5 k up front; it's just as hard for me to be able to give you the money, with nothing in return... Would you be willing to use Escrow?

-Christian

I have never used escrow, but I am willing to sign any contract stating that the clients will be transfered to you in x ammount of days/hours whatever.

I have a coupel of people interested, and 1 has stated that he will buy them asap through PayPal for $3,500, but that is not a guarantee.

do you still have the 150 free hosted clients as well ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Yes, I have about 180-200 free hosting clients. They generate about $100 a month from the google ads they place on their websites.

They are not included int he sale, but can be for the right price.

Are the 4-5 new accounts per week your free accounts? If not, why do you only have 42 paying clients? Is this a new business?

Scott

free hostings not really our business area, i just remembered they were included when you were up for sale before.

without knowing how many clients are on each of the plans it's difficult to put an estimate of value on the business, however we're prepared to offer $2100 for the 42 clients, website, domain name etc
    50% on agreement, 50% after sucessful handover.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

No,,the 4-5 signups are paying clients. I stopped offering free hosting about a month ago.

The business is only 6 months old, and didnt really start picking up on sales untill about 2 months ago, before that it was only 1 maybe 2 every couple of weeks.

The free hosting customers are help on a reseller account I have and are on a different domain helphousehosting.info

As mentioned above, I have an offer for $3500, but that is not a guarantee, and I think $2100 is way to low.

Also, what would protect me, the seller, if I did accept 50% now and 50% later? I mean you could take my clients and then I never see the other half. I sold a car once and accepted 50%, never saw the other half!
    Last edited by build-a-host; 06-20-2005 at 08:44 PM.

As mentioned above, I have an offer for $3500, but that is not a guarantee, and I think $2100 is way to low.
    It was a simple $50 per client, as there has not been enough information to guage profitability (or lack of) per client without details of how many on each plan etc. Use of the hated word "unlimited" on the reseller plans also means there is limited potential or need for anyone to upgrade if they have "unlimited" on the lowest plan ...

An offer was made - you are of course not bound to accept it

Also, what would protect me, the seller, if I did accept 50% now and 50% later? I mean you could take my clients and then I never see the other half
    We're a long-existing professional Ltd company, who have some experience in taking on other companies and client-bases, happy to use an escrow service etc. It wouldn't do our reputation any use to renege on a payment of $1050, but I do understand your concern. Similarly whats to protect us from paying you 50% and not receiving anything in return ?

We prefer to work with a level of mutual trust - failing that legally enforcable documents can be exchanged ...

Anyway it's all moot, I hope your offer of $3.5k works out for you.

Originally posted by captureroftyme
    That IPB is v1.3 and does not require a license.

You can see a break down of everything at http://helphousehosting.com/images/income.bmp

Payment terms are negotiable, but I do not want to sell just "Some" of them, and will not accept monthly payments, as alot of people have asked.
    I posted that info above, about the clients, how many are on what plan,

And I do not offer unlimtied disc space or bandwidth to any of my clients. They get unlimited features such as MySQL and Emails,,etc. But thats it.

sory, i get connection refused on the url
    unlimited - never mentioned disk/bw - you offer "unlimited" domains - which limits the need to upgrade.

anyway good luck with your sale

Server running costs and location

Server cost is $60 a month for 20gb disc space and 200gb bandwidth (VPS). Server is hosted at Liquidweb.com

What's the current bid?

Well, I havent heard back from the guy with the $3,500 bid, so I guess he is off the list. Therefor, the high bid is now $3,100.

captureroftyme:

I've got a couple more questions for you, so I hope you don't mind...
    1. I see you have 'advertising' and 'support' teams, as well as, more 'administrators' on your board... are you in a partnership? What will happen with these people when the co. is sold?

2. Are you willing to sign a non-compete agreement with an indefinite term?

3. Are your free accounts in the same place as the paid ones?

4. If you aren't planning on selling the free clients... what are you going to do with them? Continue hosting?

webuyhosts:
    Well, I havent heard back from the guy with the $3,500 bid, so I guess he is off the list. Therefor, the high bid is now $3,100.
    ;-)

-Christian

Business has been sold for $3,500.00. Thank you all for your bids.

Free accounts were included

Congrats on the sale