Client/Billing manger for hosting & Other Services

Yay... another one of these threads you're thinking right?...

I'm looking for a Client/Billing manager system to replace our current and aging system we have in place right now. The most important part to us right now is the ability to not only bill just for hosting, but for other services we offer (and may offer in the future). We also are happy with our current order form and would prefer not to replace it with something from the client manager - Rather have the order come in through our system, and we add the person to the billing system (and either we setup the cPanel account if it is for hosting, or it is done automatically by the client manager - either way is fine). Again, we don't want to have to use a built in order from (having the option to disable it is fine).

Out of all the more mainstream systems such as WHMAP, MB, AWBS, PB, MB, etc. , which one(s) would allow us to do this and allows for the most flexibility with different types of services?

Thanks.

-TAK

Certainly Modernbill i feel can offer you alot of different options and can be adjusted to suit other services too, Im not too sure about that though but what i can say is Modernbill is certainly a awesome tool and is affective in Billing Management and can make life alot easier as its very automated when configured correctly, Alothough sometimes it can become a little complicated to clients, Especially less experienced ones.
    Regards

Modernbill is what I have used for quite some time now, and have never let me down, but modernbill is for larger companies with a good sum of customers. You could start smaller with something such as clientexec..

Good Luck!
    fuse9 LLC
    -Support Team-
    fusing the core of the internet
    Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Custom Plans

ModernBill should certainly meet those needs with ease. At the moment I have it setup to take sponsorship orders for a forum I administrate, it handles it very well.

It will be quite easy to set it up to simply let you add clients to the system, that shouldn't be a problem at all.
    - Jamie Harrop

I keep looking for something like this too - most billing systems appear solely for automated webhosting.

I'd like to be able to bill hourly charges to a client, eg. a security review at $30 per hour. With a lot of billing systems, I just couldn't see how I'd do that.
    Some of the more advanced ones allow you to add a 'shopping cart' of items the client can choose from, but still not allow the admin to add a once-off entry to an invoice.

ClientExec, apparently, does this but I havn't tried it yet.

Hi,

I use LPanel and it has a lot of customization options through templates. I know it does require to use their order form, however the order form is completely customizable through the templates which are html files.

I have found LPanel to be easy to use, it installs on top of CPanel and can run multiple servers, you just add them in. It connects with PayPal and does mark invoices paid etc, has a built in support system, can interface with various domain resellers - for example Enom and Wild West Domains.

I have been using LPanel for over 5 months now and not only do I and my partner love it, but our clients love the interface and ease of use.

I just recently got a new server and wanted to move LPanel there, for whatever reason the remote install would stall and not complete the process. I went to their Live Chat and the lead developer was on and he completely installed it for me.

LPanel is definitely worth checking out, oh - you can add extra charges and there is an option to have non hosting clients.

It has a built in support desk and chat system, updates can be done autmatically or manually through the LPanel Admin interface.

There are more options than I mentioned, but if you would like to see LPanel, their URL is http://www.lpanel.net

Good luck in your search!

Leslie

Hmm. I'm not convinced of the single sale functionality - go into the demo, add a new invoice.. 100 setup fee, 0 recurring fee, 'single sale'; term. Then go look at the list of outstanding invoices.. you'll see an invoice for 0.

It looks nice though.

Hi,

Ok because I haven't actually used this I had to go in and "figure it out"

What I did was go in and create an invoice through the admin in my account, it shows correctly and does show payment required, unpaid invoice in my domain account LPanel.

These are the steps I took:
    1. Clicked on Manage Clients
    2. Clicked on Client (my own account)
    3. Added the invoice and marked it not charged
    4. Logged into my user LPanel account and it shows it there, with a link to pay for it.

After doing this, I realized that the main workaround would be to have an extra charges section on the business website, where a client fills out a small form to order the extra charge.

Something like:

Billing Username:
    billing domain name:
    drop down list of extra charges (chooses charge)

Then a submit button.

The invoice would have to be added manually, however it can be done