GameServer Forum

I think there should be a gameserver forum, looking in the dedicated forum now I see many questions about them, I think ths would benefit all as would remove posts about gameservers from forums such as dedicated and would mean that people looking for help with gameservers would have somewhere to look, also a sub forum for tutorials would e worth while.

Thats wierd I searched and never found them, i searched for gamehost forum, gaminghost forum and a few other but never found any topics.

try gameservers

Game Server Forum?

Im just wondering of the admins of WHT ever thought about making a Game Server forum? You have all other apsects of hosting, except game servers.... Thanks

yera i reckon that would be cool since most of use play games

that would be cool...
    GOT SKINS? Skins and more...
    http://www.razorskins.com
    Click here to visit

well I have seen people come here looking for game servers, and other forms of hosting... After all isn't that what the advertising section is for?

They used to have a game server forum, but due to inactivity it was shut down. Perhaps they even tried it several times; I don't know.

and having all day to play games whould be cool too!
    GOT SKINS? Skins and more...
    http://www.razorskins.com
    Click here to visit

It would be useless.

Please please making this forum!! I trying to conduct business here and have to read about this person and that person trying to outfit their cybergamer cafe. Not of interest

You do not consider game server sales a business? It is as much of a business as any other kind of hosting

I would say there are a lot more VPS users here than there are GSP users (and operators for that matter) and look at how dull the VPS forum is. This GameServer forum would just end up as a waste and dead IMHO. Maybe if there were a ton of GSP posts in other sections of the forum it would be something to consider, but there really isn't.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Aren't they more akin to VPS than Dedicated or Shared though?

Maybe include Game Servers in VPS?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Actually I'd say more are on dedicated machines than VPS, at least that's what my experience has been.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Aren't they more akin to VPS than Dedicated or Shared though?

Maybe include Game Servers in VPS?

Originally posted by Chris Armstrong
    Actually I'd say more are on dedicated machines than VPS, at least that's what my experience has been.
    I'd agree. Running almost any gameserver from a VPS would be a bad idea IMHO.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I think it would just cluter things up, there doesn't seem to be much of a "demand" for it except from a few members here and there.
    - 7de5igns