Huge Expired Domain Name Business

We are "considering" serious offers for the following site:

Justdropped (dot) com

Justdropped was founded back in 2003 as a small project that would allow us to earn a small commission using Pool as an affiliate. The site has grown to much more then that over the years.

Every part of the site is totally custom and you will not find another site like this on the web. All coding is done in CGI and the site is 99% maintenance free.

Justdropped offers the domain name community the following:

The most comprehensive expired domain name search on the net.
    Users can search the database using any search combination for Pending Delete, Hold and Redemption Period status domains.
    Users can also search the database for dropping domains by any (registrar).
    The site offers a direct email sent to a specified email address for all searches conducted on the site.
    The site has a built in Webmaster Tool application that allows users to download our search code. The code can then be used on any webmasters website to all for expired domain names searches.
    The webmaster option can be offered for free or we offer a monthly paid version that removes all linking and ads that belong to Justdropped.com. Currently our data is found on hundreds of
    websites throughout the net.
    We offer a daily, monthly or annual subscription to our daily expired email list.
    We offer a daily, monthly or annual subscription to our daily Pending Delete Link Popularity Report.
    We offer a daily, monthly or annual subscription to our daily Redemption Period Link Popularity Report.
    We offer a daily, monthly or annual subscription to our daily Hold Link Popularity Report.

Included in the sale will be the following two websites we use for our Alexa data and our Link Reports:
    http://www.alexaranking.com
    http://www.searchpopularity.com

There are many different profit centers built into the site. Our model had always been to offer a FREE search database for the market. We felt that if we could build up a loyal list of users
    we would be able to capitalize on the traffic and market our other expired domain name tools. This model has worked quite well. We have tried adsense, and other affiliates and nothing compares
    to marketing our own scripts and tools. For the right person or company this could be a very valuable approach. On a further note, sometime back our main competitor started charging a monthly or annual
    subscriptions to their data. This was a great benefit for us, as our traffic multiplied 10x. A few lines of code could quickly make our expired domain name data a paid subscription site, however
    this has never been our business model. A new owner may want to explore the pros and cons of doing this since it would be another profit center added to the business.

Some of our proprietary profit centers include:

Subscription List of Expired Domain Names via Email.
    Subscription List of High Link Popularity Domain in Pending Delete Status.
    Subscription List of High Link Popularity Domain in Redemption Period Status.
    Subscription List of High Link Popularity Domain in Hold Status.
    Affiliate Links for backordering and domain name registration.
    Unlimited advertising opportunities.

More on profit potential:

Our data is currently used in most expired domain name scripts used throughout the web. For instance, if you search on "ebay" for expired domain names you will find numerous scripts that are offered
    all using our proprietary data. This is "huge" for us because it allows the opporuntity to create an ad link on each site the data is used on. This form of advertising alone has enabled us to sell countless
    copies of various scripts and tools that represent a large percentage of the sites income. Again, for the right person who can offer scripts, or programs that are marketed to this industry the potential is unlimited.

The business is hosted on one dual xeon server with total monthly fees around $200.

I will not go into specific stats or income in a public forum for this business. If you are seriously interested please send me a PM and we will fax or email you back a non disclosure agreement for you
    to sign. After this is returned back to us we will gladly discuss the business. Please be prepared to discuss how you would be funding this business so we have a better understanding if you are
    a serious player.

We are looking for offers in the high xx,xxx with a buy it today of 100K. We will consider any brokers who wish to market the business and will discuss details with them individually. I will mention site has
    earned more then our buy-it-now price over the past year when you factor all of our software sales. Any further questions please drop me a PM and we can have a phone conversation and discuss further.

I am no rush to sell this, if the site does not receive any interest i am happy to keep it and continue to build on it. I have many other ideas in mind i would be happy to share with any interested parties.
    Last edited by dropscripts; 06-20-2005 at 11:28 AM.

I may have missed it in the long post but about what range are you looking for buy out?

Originally posted by Vortech
    I may have missed it in the long post but about what range are you looking for buy out?
    We are looking for offers in the high xx,xxx with a buy it today of 100K.
    James Chillman -UK Backup Limited
    www.ukbackup.com- Online Backup Offsite Backup, Backup Software

Thanks. I did miss it.

Don't sell Justdropped.com :-)

That is the only site i can use with out paying. Before that i used deleteddomains.com, but iNET Interactive brought it and made it a pay site :-(

Originally posted by flashwebhost
    Don't sell Justdropped.com :-)

That is the only site i can use with out paying. Before that i used deleteddomains.com, but iNET Interactive brought it and made it a pay site :-(

I think it will remain in good hands for some time to come

I may also missed something in this long post but where are you talking about Stats and Profits?

I know, you seems to have a very good rank in alexa, but is that enough to justify traffic?
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!