How many hosters disappear like easyhosts.us?

I am just curious to know how many of you took a package and saw the hoster disappear without a word?

Easyhosts.us/ .ca ( nick name here= eassyhosts) offered some goods deals:
    hereand for a server but few weeks after he is gone even the phone is not good any more.

It was too good to be true, right but one can try! Nothing is loose (I will have my money back by my cc) but it is troubles...

Hirlux,

Companies go out of business all the time, but dissappearing without notifying a single user sounds quite fraudulent.

Count yourself lucky that you will have your money returned by your provider, others won't.

Next time do some research ahead of time, don't just throw your money at just anyone.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Yeah, some hosters go out of biz, or it could have been a scam. Just be more careful next time.

What do you mean, Invertcookie, by
    be more careful
    ?
    Easyhosts was a member here for a year, his deals were not cheaper than yours, his domain name was not hidden, do you have a recipe to be more careful?

His only posts on WHT were about selling his company and selling servers.

I guess just research in general - how long the company has existed, number of clients, whether they are profittable or not.

Some things are obviously harder to forsee, but at least this time around you are getting your money returned to you.

There isn't any one single "warning sign" that a host is going to go under but if service begins to flounder it is a good sign to jump ship before they do.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

He happy you are getting your money back. All too often that's not the case indeed!

hostonic.com ! I had an account with them for roughly 6 months and they had problems left and right then just dropped off the planet and quit answering emails.

The hosting industry is incredibly fluctuant. Meaning that it's easy to get into, even easier to get out of, and in most of the cases, with a nice profit.

With a total cost of about $25 and a running cost of about $10/month, aalmost everyone can join the hsoting business.

But unfortunatelly these "$25 opening" hosts are unprofessional, unprepared for the industry and in almost every case, lack the business ethics needed to run the business. So they are bound to fail within a few months, 1 year tops.

The ones that realise that hosting is not for them , go running on eBay or on the advertising section of WHT and sell their "business".

So "accidents" are bound to happen.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

These seem to be the actions of someone who was trying to save his company and customers from disaster by getting the company into the hands of qualified managment. Is that what you are reading into this, Hirlux?

Originally posted by Hirlux
    What do you mean, Invertcookie, by ?
    Easyhosts was a member here for a year, his deals were not cheaper than yours, his domain name was not hidden, do you have a recipe to be more careful?

Well hosting is not my business, it is far from the work I am doing, that is why I am curious.

I had some issues with few hosters and I dont know how to define a qualified management and how to detect them.

I found this forum a good place to learn about this business but I see that there is no certainty, so I still keep asking!