Why does wht NOT uses google adsense?

WHT gets a very good amounf of $ via banners, i just want to know why NOT maximize income by using adsense on the sides or something?

Well, I can't speak officially for WHT, but i'd say AdSense banners are exceptionally unattractive and could be quite intrusive.
    It is very unlikely that people here will click on them.
    I'd also say that AdSense payouts are much over-rated - banner click-thru schemes such as the one run here at WHT are much more effective.
    It should be remembered that banners integrate with the community in a more professional way, AdSense could run the risk of looking out of place.

However, i'd wait for an official response

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Re: Why does wht NOT uses google adsense?

Originally posted by Directory
    WHT gets a very good amounf of $ via banners, i just want to know why NOT maximize income by using adsense on the sides or something?
    On the sides of what just the main page?

IIRC Inet charges per impression which would work out much much better for them instead of charging per click.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I doubt having to compete with adsense would be particularly attractive to WHT banner advertisers...
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Directory,

I'm sure iNet is maximizing it's profit just fine with the banners.
    I don't think they need any additional ads - for now it's packed solid.

" but i'd say AdSense banners are exceptionally unattractive and could be quite intrusive."

lol

And that site5 top banner wasn't? And the huge ad site re-doing isnt? Comon.

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    " but i'd say AdSense banners are exceptionally unattractive and could be quite intrusive."

lol

And that site5 top banner wasn't? And the huge ad site re-doing isnt? Comon.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    You dont remember

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=399556

?
    Ah yeh, I remember - okay, so ads are pretty intrusive and annoying at the best of times.

Jord

The implicit CPMs of Google Adsense are pitiful at best- around $1 to $2 CPM. Google has asked for large CPM purchases of AdSense banners in the past (versus the common mysterious CPM based on clicks, average click, and other variables unpublished by Google)....

We respectfully declined.

Google AdSense, in my humble opinion, is the fallback to "can't get any other advertisers, so I will settle for Google"....

I have no ill feelings toward Google, just it is not desirable for advertisers, our pocketbook, or visitors to have Google AdSense creative on the WHT site.

effusionx1 pretty much nailed it on the head.
    -------------------------------------------------
    WHT owner once upon a time....
    http://www.gabrielmurphy.com

Originally posted by Gabriel Murphy
    Google AdSense, in my humble opinion, is the fallback to "can't get any other advertisers, so I will settle for Google"....
    Depends what you mean by "other advertisers", Gabriel.

If those are clients who you found through direct selling, then sure, Google does not live up to the revenues you can generate on your own.

If you mean just any "other advertiser", then I have to respectfully disagree. Publishing wise, AdSense has proven to often multiply the revenue of many web site owners. It is definitely pays among the best among all advertising networks (middleman parties).

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

The implicit CPMs of Google Adsense are pitiful at best- around $1 to $2 CPM. Google has asked for large CPM purchases of AdSense banners in the past (versus the common mysterious CPM based on clicks, average click, and other variables unpublished by Google)....
    I've never explored Google's AdSense all that much, however $1-$2 doesn't seem even worth investigating. I'm not sure what, "Google has asked for large CPM purchases of AdSense banners in the past..." -as in they asked [/i]you[/i]? You can probably tell that I don't have a clue as to how the whole program works. They sent some tutorial link and I've yet to get through the whole thing, heh.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I would also think that iNet would not want to loose control of the payments that are recieved. Google controls the money, when they pay, etc... I think iNet has the right solution for this forum.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Wow, thanks for insulting the rest of us.

Originally posted by eMax
    Wow, thanks for insulting the rest of us.
    If you're narrow sighted, you could see his comment that way, but I am sure that's not what Gabe meant.

IMHO, he's basically saying, if you don't want to direct sale advertising to customers and handle everything involved in that (and there is a lot involved there), then Google Adsense is something decent to fallback on if you simply want to make a few bucks on advertising, and not have advertising be your whole business.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

I see a lot of in-network advertising on WHT, why not replace some of that with google adsense ads, and put them in the rotation? That way advertisers are not competing. Problem with doing that though, is you'll constantly see nothing but rackspace ads hehe.

Why conform to google's rules / limitations / payouts if you do not have to. The simple fact is that iNet is a large company with a good advertising scheme.

With google you display what they decide you display. iNET's advertising model allows them to place directed ad's on any sites that wish and to cross site advertise their own products.

If you can do it on your own it's always better to get customers to advertise directly through your site. If you are not that big google is a good alternative. Frankly with all the issues google has had with adsense as of late I wouldn't put my eggs in their basket.

Originally posted by Jeremy Johnstone
    If you're narrow sighted, you could see his comment that way, but I am sure that's not what Gabe meant.

IMHO, he's basically saying, if you don't want to direct sale advertising to customers and handle everything involved in that (and there is a lot involved there), then Google Adsense is something decent to fallback on if you simply want to make a few bucks on advertising, and not have advertising be your whole business.
    WOW another insult. You fit right in.

Originally posted by eMax
    WOW another insult. You fit right in.
    Im failing to see how that was an insult?
    James Chillman -UK Backup Limited
    www.ukbackup.com- Online Backup Offsite Backup, Backup Software

If you're narrow sighted,
    was probably it.

Perhaps eMax is being a little over sensitive.
    There was nothing wrong or inaccurate with Gabriel's post.

Google is crap when it comes to real advertising revenue. If your site is worthy you can make far more on real targeted advertisements and choose yourself which ads you want to display.

This is not an insult, it's a fact.

Originally posted by DanX
    If you're narrow sighted,
    was probably it.
    How is that an insult? I never once called him narrow sighted, I simply said that if one is narrow sighted and is carrying some chip on their shoulder and looking to spread negativety, then yeah, you could possibly construe Gabe's post as insultive.

I think blue27 said it best:

Google is crap when it comes to real advertising revenue. If your site is worthy you can make far more on real targeted advertisements and choose yourself which ads you want to display.

No one is meaning to insult anyone here, Google Adsense is just plain crap compared to the revenue you can gain and the reflexibility and control of dealing with advertisers directly. End of story.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Originally posted by blue27
    Perhaps eMax is being a little over sensitive.
    There was nothing wrong or inaccurate with Gabriel's post.

You my boy blue!
    -------------------------------------------------
    WHT owner once upon a time....
    http://www.gabrielmurphy.com

Another reason not to use google adsense

I have a customer in the real world that has around 30 stations network all behind 1 router. Well about half of them found out about my webpage and started visiting it regularly. This is a group of non techy people that click on anything that looks cool.

Well they told each other about one of the ads and they all clicked it, google pulled my account stating that I was multi clicking on items myself. I have only clicked on 1 or 2 of my ad's because well they looked interesting. But there's no explaining anything to google and to boot they took all the money in my adsense account.

I am not really saying that google is bad but they should take situations like this into consideration is was not even all that many clicks but the fact is they dont care and there is no talking to them. That's ok I still like their search engine.