The American Taliban

These people make me sick... I wouldn't spit in their mouths if they were dying of dehydration in a desert stranded.

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

It would have been better if they quoted exact sources, from those quotes. I'm not doubting their authenticity. I just think if you're going to quote someone, at least list your source.

There are definently some extreme views there. Every religion/culture has folks like that.
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

You can easily find all of these quote online... but you'r right, they should have. I've verfied all of these quotes. They're all sick. The worst part is some of these people represent our government, have strong ties with our governments leaders, and their own cult following.

Rush Limbaugh

"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

"If you commit a crime, you're guilty."*

"There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons... use them"
    Those are just great!
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Bush Sr.:

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
    Kay O'Connor:

"I'm an old-fashioned woman. Men should take care of women, and if men were taking care of women today, we wouldn't have to vote."
    Lt. William:

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.”

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I love the religious right. How can you not love bigotry and intolerance at its finest!
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources
    Read about your company in the news
    Web Hosting Press Releases

Whats even more ironic is that if the average person went around talking like these people do they would either get their butt kicked, or put in a mental facility.

It makes feel a little bit better knowing Bush and God are in direct communications though. It explains everything...

You can find quotes from just about every public person that will make them sound like an idiot. But great to see the bashing continue.

Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Thanks for stating the obvious TalkMilitary. I would have never come to that conclusion without your devine wisdom.

The only people bashing are the people being quoted. They're quotes are filled with hate, bigotry, racism, and intolerance which make them idiotic.

Sure I can find all sorts of funny/stupid idiotic quotes, but you're not going to find quotes like these from a decent human being. The fact that you make a small attempt to stand up for these people really makes me wonder what type of person you are.

I completely respect the freedom of speech, it doesn't mean I to like it or shut up about something when evil, disgusting comments like these ones are made. I'm exercising my voice to speak out these nasty, gross people.

Say what you want, its your right but don't surprised when someone says something back.

You seem bitter? I am relaxed, and not standing up for anybody here. I am simply saying that we can find all sorts of quotes that make people look bad from *all sides*. I think I took a fair and middle line on that part.

The bashing part comes from the other recent posts regarding politics and "us/vs them" etc...

Carry on... I am not trying to shut you up, or stifle your free speech. But always pleasent to be insulted.
    Originally posted by case
    Thanks for stating the obvious TalkMilitary. I would have never come to that conclusion without your devine wisdom.

The only people bashing are the people being quoted. They're quotes are filled with hate, bigotry, racism, and intolerance which make them idiotic.

Sure I can find all sorts of funny/stupid idiotic quotes, but you're not going to find quotes like these from a decent human being. The fact that you make a small attempt to stand up for these people really makes me wonder what type of person you are.

I completely respect the freedom of speech, it doesn't mean I to like it or shut up about something when evil, disgusting comments like these ones are made. I'm exercising my voice to speak out these nasty, gross people.

Say what you want, its your right but don't surprised when someone says something back.

Its very sad to see such people in the world. The intresting thing is they say They are the men of god, Christians. All with their limos, couple of mansions and firday night prostitues.

If they were really men of god they would live a simple life...

Seems all have one thing in comon, hate sexuals and muslims...

I found George Bushes one confusing and amusing... he is a very confused man.

Originally posted by Directory
    Its very sad to see such people in the world. The intresting thing is they say They are the men of god, Christians. All with their limos, couple of mansions and firday night prostitues.

If they were really men of god they would live a simple life...

Seems all have one thing in comon, hate sexuals and muslims...

I found George Bushes one confusing and amusing... he is a very confused man.
    Never mind. It is probably above the average age group anyhow.
    Last edited by Fair Dinkum; 06-20-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    I am simply saying that we can find all sorts of quotes that make people look bad from *all sides*.
    Exaclty.

"Sodomy is a graver sin than murder. – Unless there is life there can be no murder."
    ermm, I beg to differ!!

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
    George Bush Jr.

HAHA, All those who voted kerry are terrorists :

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.”
    That's a tad unfair...how many votes does God have?
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I am simply saying that we can find all sorts of quotes that make people look bad from *all sides*.
    Of course we can. However, the difference is that while many of the dumb quotes we take out of context or when someone messes up are not truly indicative of the person's point of view on any given subject, these quotes are the publicly established points of view of all these people. Don't believe me? Read their books; watch their television shows; listen to their radio shows; attend their sermons; talk to them. These people actually believe what is quoted. So, besides the fact that they truly are obviously closed-minded bigots, how are these quotes being taken out of context? I don't think you'll find many "liberals", "atheists", "feminists", "democrats" (not of the Democratic Party, but people that advocate for democracy), and "sodomites" that preach hate and even the extermination of supposedly inferior groups. When you preach the infringement of fundamental human rights upon a certain individual or group, you're going too far.

I think I took a fair and middle line on that part.
    I don't agree, for the reasons I stated above. A fair and middle line would have been to at least acknowledge the points of view of these people; it wouldn't have been necessary that you state your agreeance or lack thereof, but just that you acknowledged them.

Hire a teen ager... while they still know everything.
    Yup, remember that from long ago................

But I gotta say, Sniper know a good deal for a teen.
    Last edited by Fair Dinkum; 06-20-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Then you clearly did not read what I said. But for a 15 year old, you are a good researcher or "copy and paste" person.

I for one would NEVER attend one of their sermons that you speak of.... That is for those that want to believe that stuff. I do not watch their Television shows that you talk about. I am sorry, but the rest of the hatred and biggotry you speak of.... reaks of The South, not the USA. You are speaking of the same qualities that make 'kin" tell their daddy to make it squeeel like a piggy'. That is NOT America... sorry. I am sure there is a sermon to help them poor folks throu tit though.
    Just to be sure I didn't miss anything, I went back and read over all three of your posts in this thread. I don't think I missed anything; if I did, what was it?

Regarding the South, no, it's really not stereotypical of the South -- just certain bigots who live in the South. There may be a disproportionate amount of these people (many of them are Southern Baptists, like GWB) who are Southerners, but Southerners, as a population, aren't represented by these seriously insane folks.

BTW, I found it quite funny that Randall Terry said the following:

"When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, we will try you, and we'll execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed."
    to gays, when in fact his son is gay. So much of this stuff is hypocrisy that I frankly just don't understand how anyone can actually believe it.

EDIT: I see you've edited your post.

I don't, by any means, think I know anything, and if that's going to be the defense of every adult with whom I disagree or whom I try to prove wrong, so be it.

I'm not sure if I'm alone, but did anyone else start reading these and just say "I don't care if these are true or not, some of these are funny!" ?
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    I'm not sure if I'm alone, but did anyone else start reading these and just say "I don't care if these are true or not, some of these are funny!" ?
    I think much of it is funny; in a "not likely" scenerio. But I like to see what can be drawn out for the young guys like Snipper.... and the good writers like DevilDog. Somewhere in there is a compromise...... alas, none of us are politicians.

Originally posted by case

What is fascinating is that you accuse these folks of intolerance and idiocy and, frankly, I don't agree with evertything they say but most of the intolerance and vitriol I hear these days is from the extreme left.

You don't have to agree with her but the fact that you would say you would spit in Ann Coulter's mouth, among others, is emblamatic of the level of intellectual dialogue that a pundit like her receives at institutions of higher learning. She is shouted at with vulgarities and does not return the same. She is charged at with pies on stage. This is tolerance? This is what her detractors have to offer to debate the issue?

You can talk about tolerance and hypocrisy all you want but it is the Left, in my opinion, that has the largest problem with blind hatred these days. In fact, I am almost positive that you will be unable to respond to my post without impugning my character or resorting to an ad hominem attack although you barely know me except by my posts.

It is the Left, after all, that respects all viewpoints - cherishes diversity of opinion. Truth, they say, is relative. It is in the eye of the beholder and we should not condemn other's viewpoints. Why is a viewpoint that differs from this relativistic view of truth so maligned? What is wrong, in fact, with being Taliban if all truth is relative? It's just another viewpoint. I just read a lot of posts enjoining us to respect the Iranians view of democracy because they are Muslim and think differently than we. We should cherish the democratic choices imposed by the theocrats. President Bush is the small-minded one I was told because he can only see democracy in his own terms.

And so the same people come to their fellow citizens and I guess the rules no longer apply - not to American Evangelicals or conservatives. We ought not respect and cherish their opinions. Please help me understand. Why the vitriol? If they are American Taliban then why are not the people who would condemn their views or spit in their mouth or shout them off the stage of political dialogue as small-minded (or more) than they?

They don't claim to want to uphold all viewpoints as equally valid. They are consistent with their world view. They believe in absolute right and wrong and proceed on the basis of those convictions. Why should a conservative respect all views if the very basis of their viewpoint is that they cherish some much more strongly than others?

In a liberal world view that cherishes diversity, ought not that be cherished and not maligned?

What valid viewpoints exist in a world where only the viewpoint allowed is one where all views must be equally acceptable?
    Last edited by DevilDog; 06-20-2005 at 08:53 PM.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

---------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SniperDevil

Of course we can. However, the difference is that while many of the dumb quotes we take out of context
    Right you are, especially when most of those quotes are taken out of context. How are they taken out of context? Well, when you don't understand their point of view or have never listened to them, a quote will always sound dumb. Especially when your point of view is the complete opposite from the people being quoted.

or when someone messes up are not truly indicative of the person's point of view on any given subject,
    When a well-known pundit expresses a point of view, you can bet that they know exactly what they're saying and it's not a mess-up or mistake. Statements by Ann Coulter, as an example, are meant to incite a discussion about a subject and to shock and manipulate people into paying attention to an issue. Liberals don't understad that and they fall into the trap all the time. She's got the liberals exactly where she wants them.

these quotes are the publicly established points of view of all these people. Don't believe me?
    Re-read my statement above.

Blunt and inciteful statements, even if the are true, is the way of getting your attention and the attention of all Americans. Ann and Rush know exactly who their audience is. And, especially their enemies.

Read their books; watch their television shows; listen to their radio shows; attend their sermons; talk to them.
    Seriously, do so. But with an open mind. Get past the initial shock of what they seem to be saying and you'll probably get to understanding how true most of what they're saying is.

These people actually believe what is quoted.
    Of course, those who have different beliefs won't agree. And you obviously don't agree. What Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh express with their opinions are beyond the comprehension of most people. Many people in this forum obviously don't get it.

So, besides the fact that they truly are obviously closed-minded bigots,
    Close-minded and bigots? Like I said, most people who don't know them and have never heard them will draw simple conslusions from reading a set of quotes deliberately taken out of context. It doesn't take much brain power to reach simple conclusions.

how are these quotes being taken out of context?
    It takes critical thinking to understand differently from what's been written here so far. Simple thinking arrives at simple conclusions without understanding the total context of what's being said. But, understandably, liberals will always take anything a republican says out ot context to perpetrate their lies.

I don't think you'll find many "liberals", "atheists", "feminists", "democrats" (not of the Democratic Party, but people that advocate for democracy),
    That's an interesting grouping you have there! It puts everything else you have to say in its proper context. .

and "sodomites"
    Sodomists are people too; they may be democrats or republicans. Why mention them as if they're in a special group of their own?

that preach hate and even the extermination of supposedly inferior groups.
    Sounds like a very simple and blanket statement without anything to back it up whatsoever. But, it is my understanding that you are very young, 15 I believe, and you havent had enough time to learn the ways of the world, no matter how much you may have read or how adept you may be at looking up things with Google.. It takes time to build character and wisdom.

You have a lot of living and learning to do.

When you preach the infringement of fundamental human rights upon a certain individual or group, you're going too far.
    Then you should take it upon yuorself to tell the democrats to stop doing so.

In conclusion, when a point of view is presented, there will always be a different viewpoint. Which one is correct?

If you disagree with a particular set of beliefs, are you going to pontificate about how wrong any other belief is? Why not first try to understand what it is that they're really saying? First looks or first thoughts are not always correct.

Originally posted by DevilDog
    What is fascinating is that you accuse these folks of intolerance and idiocy and, frankly, I don't agree with evertything they say but most of the intolerance and vitriol I hear these days is from the extreme left.
    You find it fascinating that I accuse these people of intolerence and idiocy? Okay. Were you going to finish your statement and counter something I said or is it really facinating that I called a bigot a bigot, or a racist a racist?

You dont agree with everything these people are quoted as saying? So which statements on that page do you agree with? You implied, or left it open that you may agree with some of the specific statements. Im just wondering which statements you do agree with or did you mean to say "I don't agree with anything they say"?

I would like to see your examples of extreme leftist that use the word n*****, f*****, celebrate AIDS, preach intolerence against others faiths and non believers, and make women out to be subhuman. Please point these quotes out to me so I can email the owner of that website to have those quotes added.

Unlike yourself, I never viewed this as a political debate. I admire your inauspicious attempt to turn this into a poltical debate though, or better yet argue a point but fail to back it up or add any substance.

You don't have to agree with her but the fact that you would say you would spit in Ann Coulter's mouth, among others, is emblamatic of the level of intellectual dialogue that a pundit like her receives at institutions of higher learning. She is shouted at with vulgarities and does not return the same. She is charged at with pies on stage. This is tolerance? This is what her detractors have to offer to debate the issue?
    Actually If you had read what I had actually typed you would have seen that I said "I wouldn't" spit in her or any of the other individuals mouths based on their comments if they were dying of thirst in a desert. I never once said I would throw a pie at someone or call them a name, let alone commit a crime of assault by spitting on someone because they choose not to agree with me.

You say she is shouted at with vulgarities and does not return the same. "Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" is vulgar to many Americans including myself but also vulgar to many hard working Muslum Americans not limited to the entire culture/religion. If thats not vulgar, What is? Please DevilDog enlighten me.

It's also a completely false statement. Im sure everyone here has heard of Timothy McVeigh, The Unibomber, Charlie Manson...

You can talk about tolerance and hypocrisy all you want but it is the Left, in my opinion, that has the largest problem with blind hatred these days. In fact, I am almost positive that you will be unable to respond to my post without impugning my character or resorting to an ad hominem attack although you barely know me except by my posts.
    Im not going to attack you, I just ask you to put your money where mouth is. Please help me understand your stance or viewpoint by pointing out these wrong doings. You keep saying "in my opinion". I want understand how you formulated that opinion. I made it very clear that the reason I did not like these people was because of their statements. I have a couple of other reasons I failed to mention, but this isnt a political debate. I know you would like a political debate, but Im not biting.

It is the Left, after all, that respects all viewpoints - cherishes diversity of opinion. Truth, they say, is relative. It is in the eye of the beholder and we should not condemn other's viewpoints. Why is a viewpoint that differs from this relativistic view of truth so maligned? What is wrong, in fact, with being Taliban if all truth is relative? It's just another viewpoint. I just read a lot of posts enjoining us to respect the Iranians view of democracy because they are Muslim and think differently than we. We should cherish the democratic choices imposed by the theocrats. President Bush is the small-minded one I was told because he can only see democracy in his own terms.
    You're making a generilzed statement about 50% of this country. Obviously as a political party they DO NOT respect everyones opinions, nor have I ever seen this type of thinking promoted by the party itself. Just like the republicans, democrats believe they are right and are doing whats in this best interest of the people and country. Liberals or progressives would like to move past ideology filled with hate, intolerence, and bigotry. They dont care if you're gay, muslum, female, handicap, elderly. You're an American regardless of race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation and deserve the same treatment as everyone else regardless. I'm sure many republicans and other party lines feel the same. It's something that has plagued this country since it conception, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. If we could eliminate hate, bigotry, and intolerence we would be Canada j/k We would be in a much better place.

This type of thinking can not and will not satisfy the masses though. Some people hate gays, muslums, blacks, jews, women or people not of the church. How can you ask society to accept those who are not willing to accept them? Its a conundrum that will more then likely never end. At the same time these people are saying some very despicable things about groups of people and their beliefs. If I wished that your whole family died of AIDS, and that all republicans developed cancer... Im sure you wouldn't be singing the tune you attempted to sing. You would have lost respect for me, if you have any for me. That fact that if I said something like that in a meaningful context towards you, I would be banned from this forum which is indicitive of how society deals with people that make ignorant statements.

Should I respect someone who doesn't respect me, my friends, my family, co workers? Of course not, respect is earned not given. With these type of statements I don't expect any respect in return, so none will be given. Should I value the opinion of someone who does not value mine? Maybe in certain cases, but I'm not going to value someones opinion in most cases that does not value mine. The fact that these statements are so bold and so ignorant... there is no reason why I should respect ignorance.

We all ignorant to an extent. I tolerate ignorance, and I do tolerate these people. Im not going to kill them, send them anthrax in the mail, beat them up, make prank phone calls, but I will counter their statements by speaking out against them, fighting ignorance with intelligence. It's the least I can do as an American.

And so the same people come to their fellow citizens and I guess the rules no longer apply - not to American Evangelicals or conservatives. We ought not respect and cherish their opinions. Please help me understand. Why the vitriol? If they are American Taliban then why are not the people who would condemn their views or spit in their mouth or shout them off the stage of political dialogue as small-minded (or more) than they?
    Like I said, you dont respect people who don't respect you. It's a two street. I don't have problems with anyone for any reason unless they have given me a reason. I do not classify people into groups, then demean them.

You keep mentioning "vitriol". Do you not see the "vitriol" in the statements on that page? You are classifying others arguements such as mine "spiting in their mouth" which is not what I said as "vitriol" when it is indeed not the case. The only ones spewing "vitriol" are the people making those crazy statements.

No one here made statements about these peoples character, group, or beliefs. In fact my statement of George Bush was left very open for others to interpret. I may have joked around, but I did not direct any comment to them or about them. I simply stated what I would not do in a certain siutation, and that these statements help me understand more about the individual.

They don't claim to want to uphold all viewpoints as equally valid. They are consistent with their world view. They believe in absolute right and wrong and proceed on the basis of those convictions. Why should a conservative respect all views if the very basis of their viewpoint is that they cherish some much more strongly than others?
    Who is they? Im assuming liberals. As stated liberals, conservatives, moderates, centrist, libertarians, independants... they all believe they're right. They don't claim to have the answer, well ok some people do, but they believe in what they are doing. However you can accomplish a lot more by being a civil human being and not offended millions of people. If you don't like homosexuals, thats fine. It's your belief, but to say all homosexuals should die of AIDS and that you thank god for AIDS because it kills many homosexuals and black people is taking it to far. It hurts many individuals on a personal level.

My Uncle died of AIDS from a blood transfusion. Those statements hurt, and I should not have to respect anyone that wishes death upon another man especially my family. Those statements are for lack of a better word just cruel.

n a liberal world view that cherishes diversity, ought not that be cherished and not maligned?

What valid viewpoints exist in a world where only the viewpoint allowed is one where all views must be equally acceptable?
    The views of these man and women are insane. If they didn't have money and followers chances are they would be confined to an institute or become street walkers. If I said god told me to do anything... people would think I was crazy.

I really feel like you took the easy way out on this one. I hear what you're saying, it's just not logical, nor will it ever happen. I also believe you went on the defence here because you have labled yourself a republican/conservative. It's almost like you feel personally attacked, so you have point the finger at others. Thats fine with me. Every single person here who is a blatent conservative did the same exact thing as you. Insted of addressing or speaking out against these statements, it gets chalked up to "everyone does this". It's sad to see people so accepting of non acceptance.

I can easily "what if" you all day long about peoples viewpoints that may clash with your opinions, or even well being and you'll either take the easy way out by debating not to debate, or trying to conjure up an idea which just doesnt work yet makes sense on paper/forum.
    Last edited by case; 06-21-2005 at 09:54 AM.