Unhappy Just want Reliability

I shifted from BeachComber.net to an Unmetered provider that I found through here.

BeachComber were awesome, but I simply needed an unmetered server. The new provider however seemingly has no idea how to configure my server and I am fed up with server downtime, high load, and inconsistent support (all servers are supposedly fully managed).

I need at least a P4 2.8 with HT and 2GB of RAM and 1,500GB of bandwidth. I am willing to go back to metered bandwidth just to get a reliable server.

Basically just checking here to see if there is any other providers you might recommend (both 10mbit unmetered and 1500GB/month), otherwise I will go back to BeachComber.

PS: The liquid web special currently on would be perfect except their bandwidth is counted in + out
    Last edited by BLazeD; 06-20-2005 at 12:25 AM.

I would suggest you shoot some emails to companies your looking at (reputable ones that have been around a while) and ask them for a custom quote.

Your BeachComber server may have been with DedicatedNOW. They are a great provider and we have racks of servers there. Their service is kind of semi-managed but you can ask them almost anything and they are very responsive.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Reliability = more money. simple fact. cheap providers are ususally fly by night or fold in couple months.

Originally posted by jt2377
    Reliability = more money. simple fact. cheap providers are ususally fly by night or fold in couple months.
    Exactly, you need to pay for reliability. If you find an unmetered deal that is too good to be true, it likely is.... If reliability is important please research the company thoroughly before chosing and make sure you actually get the product you need, such as not purchasing a 100 Mbit/sec unmetered line from FDC when you really need to push 100 Mbit/sec...
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

ev1servers_com

What price range did you have in mind? LayeredTech might fit your needs if you do not need managed services.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I think you should have a look at LayeredTech and SteadfastNetworks:

LayeredTech.com
    SteadfastNetworks.com
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Try www.orangefiber.com have about 15 servers their, they are awsome. Great network and can definatly see the promised speeds.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com