Thinking of reseller :D

Hey guys,
    First post here on webhostingtalk I'm thinking about getting into the web hosting business and start up my own web hosting company. First I was thinking about going co-lo (managed) but thought that would just give me problems. I've now turned to reseller! First off I want to know from the user-perspecitve here of expierences users.. do you guys regret doing anything? What do I need to be on the lookout when choosing my reseller account? Any advice you would like to give me? (I'm all ears). I was thinking of surpasshosting.com? Any ideas?

My advice to find the right host would be to stick around WHT for a week and two, watch and read all the reviews about hosts.

Get a list of 10 or so hosts that may be what you are looking for, then do a search for them here, narrow it down to one, and bingo, you have your Web host.

Re: Thinking of reseller :D

Originally posted by oddcrap
    Hey guys,
    First post here on webhostingtalk I'm thinking about getting into the web hosting business and start up my own web hosting company. First I was thinking about going co-lo (managed) but thought that would just give me problems. I've now turned to reseller! First off I want to know from the user-perspecitve here of expierences users.. do you guys regret doing anything? What do I need to be on the lookout when choosing my reseller account? Any advice you would like to give me? (I'm all ears). I was thinking of surpasshosting.com? Any ideas?
    Be aware its a lot of work, might look easy from afar but once you get in it the levels of stress can be high if you arn't ready. I still wake up with 2 seconds if my phone rings at night because I used to get calls warning if a server was down , and even more unfortune my ring tone is the top gun theme.

Make sure you do background on the host you are looking at and don't for the cheapest, other then that read read read.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

yes, you must research for some reviews with the server management and technical problem nightmare in Dedicated Server and Co-Lo.

But if you have a big scale of clients already, I suggest to turn out to a big plan.
    Techindo.net - Affordable Price Hosting with PHP, MySQL, Reliable speed fail over cluster hosting for high traffic sites.
    Internet Marketing Strategy Resources

Don't look for the reseller with the cheapest price just so you can offer the cheapest price to your customers! = Strong advice which is coming from experience.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by elix
    Don't look for the reseller with the cheapest price just so you can offer the cheapest price to your customers! = Strong advice which is coming from experience.
    Quality over quantity. Get hosting that will stay up with fast response times from support. Remember, it's not how good a host is during the uptime, but rather how they respond during downtime and problems. This is what "separates the men from the boys"
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Alright,
    Thanks for everyones response... what do you guys think about surpasshosting.com? Also, alot of these companys offer very small amounts of bandwidth per month.. I'm also looking for a cpanel alternative because the lisences for cpanel are so $$$$.

Regards,
    Mike