* Need help finding a host :)

Greetings,

Well for one, I'd like to know what I need to look for on a host, when I plan to have a IPB forum on it. I have been looking around but I'm never sure if I can host a forum or not.

As my other requirements, I just need a bit of space (Text and images) so I imagine I'd be fine with 200mb or so - I have no idea how fast bandwidth goes so.. and because this would be my first host I rather find a one which lets me pay monthly, and is popular enough to have good reviews.

For my budget, well, because I don't really know what prices I should expect for my requirements, I don't know, maybe 7$US/month?

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

You can host a forum with almost all web hosts. You should be able to get a real nice plan for $7 a month.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
      0 Not allowed!

$7.00 should be more than enough for a beginner site. All you need is php & mysql to run IPB forum.

200 MB and say 5-10 gigs of bandwidth can be gotten for $7.00/month. Just check out the shared offers forum or just submit a host quote request and you'll surely get a few responses. Before going ahead and purchasing the service, make sure to do some research the company you go with before signing on the dotted lines.. (Obviously there are no dotted lines to sign with web hosting, but you know what I'm trying to say )
      0 Not allowed!

I think most hosting services would be able to host your forum .

If you do want to look for something, perhaps select a service that offers some support if you encounter problems with the installation (I'd be happy to help with forum installations).
      0 Not allowed!

Almost every hosting company should be able to cater to your needs, have a look around in the adverts and in peoples sigs. There are some very nice companies in this forum, you just need to find them!
      0 Not allowed!

Seems like you know what you want and are pretty realistic. Check out the offers and see if anything interests you. GL!
    HOST78 - Affordable and Reliable Canadian Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    TRY RISK FREE with our 15 day money back guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the good replies, just found a host with good reviews, low prices and fits my needs (Parcom.net).

Best wishes.
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds great, you seem to have done your homework!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic
      0 Not allowed!

He found a host.
    Originally posted by SkippyCheval
    Thanks for the good replies, just found a host with good reviews, low prices and fits my needs (Parcom.net).

Best wishes.
    Proves that people simply don't read.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Best of luck with your new host!

Thread closed.
      0 Not allowed!