Serverplex- Great

Hi all.
    I just thought I'd write a review with this great company.

I have a VPS with these guyz and its awosome. I was a compleate and I mean compleate noobie when I ordered it. I didnt think it would be confusing but when my welcome email came with instructions to install cPanel I was confused. I did not know what do to. So I went on there Live Support, which Is ALWAYS online everytime I need help. They told me that I needed to go to a SSH terminal and put the commands in. Hheheeh why didnt I think of that.

And it was done, cPanel with WHM was installed perfectly. And I setup my site on it.

There is one bad thing about them though. There VPS section does not have live support, and If I need to get a question answered I need to submit a ticket. I didnt have a problem with that. Until thursday. I submitted a ticket and I asked there live support when it will be answered. They said its first in que so it will be soon. After checking my email for 3 days straight no emaail... I was getting fed up, my site was down for 3 days. I went to live support again, they asked my for ticket ID, and told me my ticket was already answered.
    Wow, the fault was with me. The email either got deleted or went to hell with spam. The ticket was nicely answered and my sollution solved.

They are a great company, and I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Note: I dont work with them or anything. I saw there post on WHT when they were first introducing there VPS department, and I was looking for a VPS that time also.

What are your experiences with them?

Well, signed up two days ago for a reseller account with the 99OFF code, and still waiting for my account to be activated.

But I suppose since I used a promo, I'm the least of their priority.

Re: Serverplex- Great

Originally posted by masfenix
    What are your experiences with them?
    Dishonest and unethical. Quite the opposite to yours.

They purchased a brand+customers package from us a few years ago, and proceeded to run it in to the ground. The servers were managed poorly (plenty of downtime) and the support was non-existent (clients were waiting days for answers to support requests).

Then they appear to have decided to try and recoup some of their money by putting a chargeback through on their credit card (around $4000 from memory). Fortunately, our bank gave them the bird when we explained the situation.

It's one thing to buy existing customers, but if you can't provide a decent level of service to them it's ridiculous to think that you can cover your losses by lodging a fraudulent chargeback request. We were easily able to demonstrate to our bank what had happened.

Gary

Gary:

It would be nice for you not to post information not related to this thread. The user was asking for customer experiences, not your own personal views for trying to "rip off" another hosting company by selling off a combination of unreal accounts and another percentage of clients which you "take back" secretively in your forums by offering them special discounts to come back.

It would seem that a guy of your stature would not post in topics that are unrelated as such.

We are easily able to show proof of the unethical behavior as we have screenshots of the responses before they were deleted off your forums.
    Full-Featured Reseller Accounts and Shared Hosting!
    ServerPlex Networks
    Service. Stability. Support.
    www.serverplex.com

rkuchiki:

All accounts are setup within 24 hours. Please provide your name via PM so I can check out your status.

Thanks,
    Chris R.
    ServerPlex Networks
    www.serverplex.com

Originally posted by ServerPlex
    Gary:

It would be nice for you not to post information not related to this thread. The user was asking for customer experiences, not your own personal views for trying to "rip off" another hosting company by selling off a combination of unreal accounts and another percentage of clients which you "take back" secretively in your forums by offering them special discounts to come back.

It would seem that a guy of your stature would not post in topics that are unrelated as such.

We are easily able to show proof of the unethical behavior as we have screenshots of the responses before they were deleted off your forums.
    Complete bollocks, and you know it. We were able to show the bank plenty of posts to the forum, and emails/tickets, where we had requested time and time again that those affected clients persist and give you guys some time to settle things down. Our reply to their "please explain" letter was sent by courier...it was about 30 pages long. It was no wonder they laughed off your cheeky chargeback attempt.

I know some clients came back. We couldn't stop them signing up, and they were willing to give up cpanel and move to Plesk in order to receive a decent level of support. But we tried to motivate them towards giving you guys a chance to deliver. When you couldn't, you just reached for the chareback button instead, which was pretty disappointing to see.

Gary

Looks like there is plenty to say from both providers, there always is two sides to a story. Obviously if the bank did not accept the chargeback they must have seen something going on which shouldn’t have been.

Let’s hope that Serverplex.com are looking after their current / new clients in a more professional manner, it certainly does not sound as though they did before hand.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    Reseller Hosting Solutions Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Tahir:

Thanks for your analysis as well of our business. I am not going to participate in this childish event, we have provided exceptional support for over 4 years now and our clients know it.

The unethical sale that is being argued about is a personal matter and is not the subject matter of this post.

Chris R.
    ServerPlex Networks
    www.serverplex.com

Serverplex - not anymore

I've been with Serverplex for 2 years now and although it is true that they quickly respond to your troubletickets, looks like people who do the troubleshooting don't know what's going on. They are plain clueless.

I've been with them for over 2 years and have had so many issues with my email that it's time for me to move on.
    They have never been able to figure out what the problem was. Just dumb *** reply, "um, looks to me like your email is working fine now. We're not sure what the problem was"

So, guys, take some courses on how to run a company, like, what qualifications people need to have to troubleshoot.

And isn't it weird that someone from the company goes around the forums glorifying his own company??? Why don't you sit back and listen, listen what your customers have to say. And I hope you feel inspired when you hear bad reviews, inspired to enhance your service and the quality of your staff. However, all I see is a strong will to defend agains such critiques. That's not very good man, not very good for someone who wants to sign up with Serverplex for the first time, they will see, oh, these guys are not here to learn how to server better but to build their egos on the basis of their unsatisfied clients being childish.

Way to go Serverplex, way to go.

Serverplex email problems, issues with emails still go on, and no one is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by kakudmi
    I've been with Serverplex for 2 years now and although it is true that they quickly respond to your troubletickets, looks like people who do the troubleshooting don't know what's going on. They are plain clueless.

I've been with them for over 2 years and have had so many issues with my email that it's time for me to move on.
    They have never been able to figure out what the problem was. Just dumb *** reply, "um, looks to me like your email is working fine now. We're not sure what the problem was"

So, guys, take some courses on how to run a company, like, what qualifications people need to have to troubleshoot.

And isn't it weird that someone from the company goes around the forums glorifying his own company??? Why don't you sit back and listen, listen what your customers have to say. And I hope you feel inspired when you hear bad reviews, inspired to enhance your service and the quality of your staff. However, all I see is a strong will to defend agains such critiques. That's not very good man, not very good for someone who wants to sign up with Serverplex for the first time, they will see, oh, these guys are not here to learn how to server better but to build their egos on the basis of their unsatisfied clients being childish.

Way to go Serverplex, way to go.

Serverplex email problems, issues with emails still go on, and no one is helping.
    Care to explain in detail what issues you were having with your emails? Just because you said email issues, someone might not know what exactly is the problem.

Email problems with Serverplex

Sometimes my OE would refuse to send emails and sometimes both. After a while, and after I've submited a trouble ticket, it would start working again. By then I lost my precious time and got frustrated like anything.

Sometimes the problem would be solved by serverplex tech but never an explanation of why is that happening.

Sometimes my OE would refuse to send emails and sometimes both.
    Sometimes both? What do you mean? Are you sure this issue was not related to your ISP?

Sometimes my OE would refuse to send emails and sometimes both.
    Sometimes both? What do you mean? Are you sure this issue was not related to your ISP?

kakudmi:

I am not sure I understand your concerns. If it is an ISP issue, we have always directed you to the ISP as we have no control. If it is our issue and was overlooked, please email me your ticket ID so I can see what happened.

I do not understand how we glorify our company. Please explain.

Chris R.
    ServerPlex Networks
    www.serverplex.com

Quote Originally Posted by kakudmi
    Sometimes my OE would refuse to send emails and sometimes both. After a while, and after I've submited a trouble ticket, it would start working again. By then I lost my precious time and got frustrated like anything.

Sometimes the problem would be solved by serverplex tech but never an explanation of why is that happening.

A good way to check if it is your ISP that is causing problems is to send email using webmail. Inability to send emails using OE is not always due to host. Most of the providers do not allow unauthenticated SMTP connection and OE is known to fail & have issues. MS's Outlook works fine as it has a setting to receive emails before sending and thus authenticate before using SMTP.

You can pick the OE's error code & check on MS site for more explanation & solutions.