Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level(3) is who i'd be looking at...

London Harbour Exchange
    London Sovereign House

One has/had a problem with power in the past where the generator hasnt kicked in and the whole building power went out. Another problem withone of the data centres is bad cooling or lack off as some said in the past.

Neither of them was SOV no issues what-so-ever in the 2+ years we've been there.

Sovereign House without a doubt. There are always new ISP's becoming present in this building so the choice of providers is expanding, I believe LINX also recently became available in this building.

It's true that there are a huge number of ISPs in the building. SOV has been an official LINX expansion site since early 2002!

Level(3) is who i'd be looking at...

Unless you have a very high CDR, Level3 won't want to deal with you directly. It may have changed a bit recently, but I remember at one stage they weren't interested in you unless you represented over $5k/month in recurring fees.

You can either go with a Level3 aggregator to get ""direct"" Level3 bandwidth, or as someone mentioned above, it may make sense both cost wise and performance/reliability wise to approach a tier-2 ISP who has Level3 transit along with some other providers and peering sessions.
    Robin Balen
    Gyron Internet Ltd - http://gyron.net/
    UK colocation, managed hosting and connectivity services with 100% uptime SLAs

has anyone used netrino.co.uk for colocation? or heard about them? im looking for uk colo also and so far have got the best quote from them
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

stevey, give us a run down on the quote. Also what locations are you looking at?
    Craig Newton
    www.ukcolocation.org
    craig@ukcolocation.org

Redbus Sovereign House or
    Redbus Meridian Gate
    1U, 1IP, 100MBit/sec, 600Gb transfer, reboot switch,
    £39+VAT month to month contract
    server is being used as a games server, will be mainly uk traffic with some euro and usa/canada traffic

think the next quote up from another company was £42+VAT

price is a big factor as there is only 2 of us paying for it, and its a hobby so we can move the server if were not satisfied with it, thus wanting a month to month contract, location doesnt really matter so long as its in England UK and has low ping

IIRC, have a look at WHT's offer forum - 49pence was offering unlimited gaming bandwidth for.. £45 for an ATX case (so you save the cost and headache of a 1U case... seeing as its just the 2 of you and your hobby).

They're in Soverign House.

thanks, i will take a look

I don't think anyone mentioned Telecity, but I could be wrong. SO many messages and all. I have a POP there and it serves me well.

Regards.

Hi stevey,

We use Netrino for one of our transit feeds, can't fault the quality and the reliability of their network so far. Quite decently priced too.
    Monil Patel
    Reload Network - http://www.reload-network.co.uk

Originally posted by gbjbaanb
    49pence was offering unlimited gaming bandwidth for.. £45 for an ATX case (so you save the cost and headache of a 1U case... seeing as its just the 2 of you and your hobby)
    49p are in Sovereign House - nicely set up cage and network
    Technical Director, M247

Premium web and Internet infrastructure services from M247.com
    M247 is actively buying Helm3 customer base - cash waiting.

Originally posted by viabandwidth
    I don't think anyone mentioned Telecity, but I could be wrong. SO many messages and all. I have a POP there and it serves me well.

Regards.
    Yep, TeleCity (MSP) has been very good, been there two years now.

Currently collocating 42U (private rack), the only problem I have is the room feels pretty warm and they still haven’t fixed the lock on the rack door.

Currently collocating 42U (private rack), the only problem I have is the room feels pretty warm and they still haven’t fixed the lock on the rack door.

.... a lock on your rack is pretty serious lol - that takes about 50% away from your security
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Originally posted by imitech
    Yep, TeleCity (MSP) has been very good, been there two years now.

We've got 2 racks in Williams House, no problems at the moment with the cooling. Grab somebody and get them to fix it, ours didnt work when we first got the racks and the next day they'd sorted it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12