Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site rip?

Then theres only one thing to do, Call your legal representitive and seek proper advice. Make sure you change all your passwords and as jeff said nvoke the DMCA with their NSP
    What he said
      0 Not allowed!

You can see a topic regarding Servefast.net on FWS

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71111
      0 Not allowed!

alright, for the banners - he basically ss'ed and added a blue line at the top but okay
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!
      0 Not allowed!

<div class="rightmenu">
    <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0>
    <form name="quickemail" method="POST" action="sendemail.php">
    <tr>
    <td background="images/img_live_support_bg.jpg"><input type="text" name="name" style="width: 140;" value="Name" onFocus="clearText(this)"></input></td></tr>
    <tr><td><input type="text" name="email" style="width: 140;" value="Email Address" onFocus="clearText(this)"></input></td></tr>
    <tr><td><textarea style="width: 140;" wrap="virtual" name="comments" rows=4 cols=23 onFocus="clearText(this)">Message</textarea></td></tr>
    <tr><td><input type=submit VALUE="Send Mail"></input><input type=reset value="Reset"></input></td></tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    </div>

<td height=23 colspan=3 rowspan=2 align="left" valign="top" background="images/images_45.gif"style="padding-left: 23px;" alt="" > <table width=168 border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
    <tr>
    <td width="168" align="left" valign="top" style="font-size:12px; color: #ffffff;">
    <form name="quickemail" method="POST" action="sendemail.php">
    <tr><td><input type="text" name="name" size="23" value="Name" onFocus="clearText(this)"></input></td></tr>
    <tr><td><input type="text" name="email" size="23" value="Email Address" onFocus="clearText(this)"></input></td></tr>
    <tr><td><textarea name="comments" rows=4 cols=17 onFocus="clearText(this)">Message</textarea></td></tr>
    <tr><td><input type=submit VALUE="Send Mail"></input></td></tr>
    </form></td>

top 1 is 151's bottom is profounds
      0 Not allowed!

The field names, the php file name sendemail.php and form names are identical to the last captialization

quickemail
    sendemail
    value=Name
    value="Email Address"
    VALUE=Send Mail
      0 Not allowed!

Servefast.net are also using fdcservers.net TOS
      0 Not allowed!

The only similar things is the woman and the colour of the sites name
      0 Not allowed!

Eric Chen, We have had our fights and fueds in the past. Why are you bringing this crap up again and again..

1.) I Never Ripped e7servers, nor did I ever use that site.
    2.) I Never Ripped Fragnatic, nor did I ever use that site.
    3.) I Never Ripped 151Hosting / 151networks, nor did I ever use that site.
    4.) Images I have Used are the images that can be found at many of the websites around.. Some are free and Some have to be paid for.
    5.) The Sendemail script I have had for over a year now. I have used it on all of my websites in the past and just now you bring something like this up.. How is everyone to believe that the script is under Your Copyright or that it is even Yours??
    6.) For my Site I have a Full PSD which I can Take a screen shot of EACH LAYER.. Showing you The banner WITH AND WITHOUT the girl or the background or what ever you wanna call it
    7.) The Login Script >> My login script Validates with another seperate page that then directs the person to the right page YOUR LOGIN DOES NOT, SO DONT SAY THAT IS A RIP!
    8.) The Only thing could be the Quick Contact Form and thats a script I have had since Before I was employeed at e7servers..

Eric If you continue to Harrass My company or myself about this, You will get charged of Libel. I have Talked to a Lawyer about this whole deal. I was told to get logs and Start recording everything to present in Court if it gets that far.

The Site Is CLEARLY NOT RIPPED.. As said by the other people and My Lawyer.. The Logo Is being charged to something completely different, since you "claim" its yours..

You Claim to have reported me to my ISP??? You never did.. My ISP has yet to say anything to me nor take my site down!! Eric, You really should stop lieing to try and make yourself look right and not wrong.

Additionally, Why are you even bothering with this when that site isnt even running yet?? It still has "Please excuse our appearance, for sales info, please email sales@151networks.com - we will have our site up ASAP" and "dedicated text" and other little comments everywhere..

Now, How about you actually stop complaining about other peoples companies and actually manage to keep one up and running for longer then 6 months!
    Last edited by RobertMaltby; 06-26-2005 at 08:24 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I hate when people acuse others of being rips just to get attention.
      0 Not allowed!

At first I didn't believe The Broadband Man on this. Then I read this quote, and checked a bit:

Originally posted by platinumn23
    The Site Is CLEARLY NOT RIPPED..
    Then how come your "about us" page:

http://www.profound-hosting.com/?module=about

appears to have identical content to:

http://www.allinet.net/about_us/

Are you another of those misguided people who think ripping only applies to images? Interestingly, the other host ripping that page appears to have had their account suspended by their upstream.

It also looks like you've used that "original" marketing language to announce the opening of Profound Hosting on other boards. If you do that here I'll be the first to report you to the mods.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22al...off=1&filter=0
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

BigBison, I believe that he did rip the information on that page but he didn't rip that design. He got ideas but he didn't rip it. And yes, those wordings are exactly the same. Plat, you just got 0wn3d.
      0 Not allowed!

So platinumn23, just how heavily did you 'borrow' from allinet?

http://www.profound-hosting.com/?mod...&option=shared

https://www.allinet.net/shared_hosting/linux.php

Styling may be different, but the HTML has that 'cut and pasted' feel to it. Which would seem to be the threadstarter's beef with you as well. Perhaps it's time for a class in remedial ethics?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by setrahosting
    BigBison, I believe that he did rip the information on that page but he didn't rip that design. He got ideas but he didn't rip it. And yes, those wordings are exactly the same. Plat, you just got 0wn3d.
    Cutting and pasting someone else's six-column table layout, and editing in your own information, is lazy and unethical even if you don't want to call it a rip. Using others' copyrighted text is never anything but a rip.
      0 Not allowed!

Additionally, Why are you even bothering with this when that site isnt even running yet??...

Now, How about you actually stop complaining about other peoples companies and actually manage to keep one up and running for longer then 6 months!
    Bashing the threadstarter's site isn't helping your case here. Are you justifying your rip of someone else's work with the argument "but they weren't using it"?

How is the threadstarter's business acumen relevant here? Trying to discredit someone whose work you're stealing is extra low, IMO. Bashing their company has no place here. That last statement is irrelevant to the matter at hand, and I've reported it to the mods for rudeness.
      0 Not allowed!

Profound Hosting Comming Soon....
    Please Excuse Our Site While We take care of some business.
    Presumably, when you re-launch your site, it will no longer include any ripped content?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know why it didn't show up on the above Google search, but it seems you did use that stolen content from allinet in your advertising thread here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=414616

That's clearly a violation of iNet policy, WHT policy, and copyright law, in addition to being unethical. I've reported that thread to the mods for removal, and suggested you be banned for it. I can only cross my fingers and hope they agree.

Rippers suck.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BigBison
    Presumably, when you re-launch your site, it will no longer include any ripped content?
    The only thing that was ripped was the maint content from ALLiNET. I was anxious to get the site up and running in a hurry after a month of designing and coding for a new beginning.. My violation was towards allinet, not 151.

I used there content until I could get mine finished, Since you pointed that out, I finished my own content. Nothing is ripped. I have TOS, AUP, and Privacy; which I have used with my previous companies and it wouldnt surprise me that is not on any other website in any other shape / form. If thats a bother to anyone, Then I will sit down and write new tos and aup. Since all of them say basically the same thing..

Ok, Back to the Accusations by Eric Chen, The Broadband Man.

I didnt Copy/Paste your banner.. And heres proof:

http://www.profound-hosting.com/images/phosting1.jpg
    http://www.profound-hosting.com/images/phosting2.jpg

phosting1.jpg shows the PSD with the Chick highlighted AND with the chick showing.
    phosting2.jpg shows the PSD with the Chick Highlighted AND with the chick not showing.

As you can see, I name the majority of my layers, B/c of the simple fact that I could have over 100 Layers at any given time. Additionally, Its much easier to keep track of my work if I stop and Label things and oragnize them into folders (sets)..

As I said, My Violation was not against 151 in no way.. It was against ALLiNET, and It has been resolved..

Additionally, I have changed my logo to something else, Like I said I had planned.. At first I liked that look, but now, Its not that great.. It was Unique but not any more..

Originally posted by BigBison
    How is the threadstarter's business acumen relevant here? Trying to discredit someone whose work you're stealing is extra low, IMO. Bashing their company has no place here. That last statement is irrelevant to the matter at hand, and I've reported it to the mods for rudeness.
    If you were getting accussed by the same person twice for the same thing.. Dont you think you would be irate?

The first thread, Everyone said it wasnt a Rip from his site.. Then he started a New thread.. I mean Come on.. Comming from the person that CLEARLY RIPPED Before.. is blaiming me?!?

Like for instance...
    The Planet: http://theplanet.com/map.html
    151Hosting: http://www.151hosting.com/v2/index.php?module=products

I think that page was from Fragnatic.com But I remember going to that page and still going to ThePlanets website on every link.. Now, If you go to that page you get directed to e7servers.com, fragnatic.com and some 151hosting.com

BranZone: www.Branzone.com
    151Hosting: http://www.151hosting.com/v2/index.php

When 151Hosting first came out, It was an Exect Replica of BranZone.. Branzone has some what of a new look but its still the same style / theme..

BigBison, everything you said was correct.. I will not sit here and attempt to lie or say I didnt rip Allinet.. but I DID NOT RIP 151networks.. No Longer is any information from Allinet is on my website anymore..
    Last edited by RobertMaltby; 06-27-2005 at 08:32 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm I dont think he ripped the design, only the content.
      0 Not allowed!

...I was anxious to get the site up and running in a hurry after a month of designing and coding for a new beginning...
    This goes beyond stealing that content to get your site up and running. You also posted that stolen content as part of your "grand opening" announcement, on many forums. Given this incident of ripping, your protestations of innocence where the threadstarter is concerned aren't believable. You simply have no credibility, in the face of your shameless use of others' work for your own benefit.

The Site Is CLEARLY NOT RIPPED..
    So that was a blatant lie then? You are also continuing with your baseless accusations against The Broadband Man. You keep calling him a ripper, without offering proof, while in fact you were the one with ripped content. For your incessant attacks without proof, and your use of others' promotional copy in your advertising thread, I still think you should be banned.

Using Allinet's content, even temporarily while developing your own, was a serious breach of ethics, the law, and the rules of this community. I recommend that Profound Hosting be avoided due to this.

Originally posted by setrahosting
    Hmm I dont think he ripped the design, only the content.
    So? Ripping is ripping, whether it's content or images makes absolutely no difference.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Site being ripped? Please comment

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    1)
    Ripped Parts:

1. http://www.profound-hosting.com/

a. Client login panel
    b. Quick contact form
    c. Top nav bar
    d. box corners etc (just a diff color)

How do I know? The spelling of even the form names are the same as are the php files it calls (sendemail.php etc)

2. http://www.profound-hosting.com/forums/index.php

a. header

How do I know? We had a version of our site that was blue (ours is a mix of green now)
    I know ripping is ripping, I am just saying he didn't rip the design which is one of the things he was trying to acuse him of. Getting ideas isnt ripping.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't understand how people can say this isn't a rip. He had access to the PSDs, The Broadband Man said that the person stole the PSDs, and platinumn23 is trying to prove his claims by providing a SS of the actual PSD file.

The Broadband Man, I would take a look at your PSDs and see if the layers still have matching titles. It looks like you have quite a bit of information to contact a lawyer. I went ahead and did a web snake on the site. If he ever decides to change his ripped content, send me a PM and I can provide you with the ripped layout.

Btw, take a screenshot of the ripped design's COLOCATION text, and compare that to the original. Notice a difference? I don't either.
    Last edited by BobbyDouglas; 06-28-2005 at 03:33 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BobbyDouglas
    I don't understand how people can say this isn't a rip. He had access to the PSDs, The Broadband Man said that the person stole the PSDs, and platinumn23 is trying to prove his claims by providing a SS of the actual PSD file.

The Broadband Man, I would take a look at your PSDs and see if the layers still have matching titles. It looks like you have quite a bit of information to contact a lawyer. I went ahead and did a web snake on the site. If he ever decides to change his ripped content, send me a PM and I can provide you with the ripped layout.

Btw, take a screenshot of the ripped design's COLOCATION text, and compare that to the original. Notice a difference? I don't either.
    I never had access to any of his sites.. The Last time I accessed his site was right after (days after) I quit working for e7servers.. I never even stole his .PSD nor did I have his .PSD

Without changing your .PSD to look like mine.. Post a SS of your .PSD

Then we'll see if I really had your .PSD...

As for the Accusations..

Read up a few post's You'll find someone that posted about 151hosting's site being ripped from branzone.. There was a Big deal over it and because of that Eric now has alot more legal information on his website, mainly concerning copyright infringement.
      0 Not allowed!

I stopped reading this a while ago - if you don't care about the design - then read what i said about code

he DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING

all the form names etc are exactly the same - even to the last spelling mistake.

Did you even bother to look at the code snippets i posted....

also - considering you have files from our FTP as well as 3 witnesses. (I only noticed this when I was told by 3 other people that worked with Rob at AIOHosting - another design that he ripped before we made his ISP shut it down)

Rob, if I wanted to come after you, i'd watch you 24.7 - fact of the matter is, i was told this by other people and you're trying to save face saying you didn't rip anything before.

Even if you say this isn't a rip - there were 2 other incidents in the past where your ISP has shut you down ... so why lie?

For a company that claims to have racks of servers, spend some money and get a unique design or hell - even buy a template

FYI - I also have the FTP logs so it's not like I came out of nowhere and accused you
      0 Not allowed!

O BTW

"5.) The Sendemail script I have had for over a year now. I have used it on all of my websites in the past and just now you bring something like this up.. How is everyone to believe that the script is under Your Copyright or that it is even Yours??
    "

we've had that "script" for 2 years as I was teh one that coded it - even if u had that script, how in the world is every one of your form names same as ours to the last capitalizaiton and yes you stopped working for us over a year ago - thats why you have our script.

You accessed the 151 PSD a few months ago.

I'm not going to argue over this because fact of the matter is a profound staff member who quit was the one that told me this was going on. Anyway, you can say what you want - but the facts are there until you come up with an explanation for 1st the script

i'll even assume u did design that header.

*FYI for those of you reading ... notice the fonts, don't just glance over the 2 designs and yell "NOT A RIP"

read the code snippets i posted, the fonts of the nav bars, etc.

And rob, don't go changing the code now- i have all the form codes saved
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    I stopped reading this a while ago -
    Was this before or after you created the second thread? You started two threads on the same subject and didn't follow through...why is that?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12