What exactly do we need for Mambo hosting?

Hello,
    I'm new here and I did a big search trying to find a few details abou my question, but I didn't find what wondered me.

Well, we're making a big Mambo portal and we want soon to switch from offline preparations to online.

I read in some readme files in Mambo that we need of course a hosting with php enabled and Apache on it.
    My first thought was: Which version of this two tings would be better?

Secondly I want to ask if there are things I didn't even thought about, but they're important?

And if you allow me, I would be happy if I recieve some hosting recommedations with 1GB space, unlimited bandwith and the server should be in Germany.

Thank you in forward.

Unlimited bandwidth does not exist. For a 1GB space / 50GB bandwidth I think a reasonable price is something between $20 and $30 USD.

For a 1GB space / 50GB bandwidth I think a reasonable price is something between $20 and $30 USD.
    I'm not so sure that's a reasonable budget for Germany based hosting.

I read in some readme files in Mambo that we need of course a hosting with php enabled and Apache on it.
    My first thought was: Which version of this two tings would be better?
    http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=86

You can see some of the requirements on the first page of the mambo install:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mambo.jpg  
    Last edited by ldcdc; 06-19-2005 at 10:13 AM.

you can go with unmetered server placed in germany, with the space u wish/

Originally posted by CretaForce
    Unlimited bandwidth does not exist. For a 1GB space / 50GB bandwidth I think a reasonable price is something between $20 and $30 USD.
    Any company you can recommend to me?

Originally posted by ldcdc

You can see some of the requirements on the first page of the mambo install:
    Tnx, I've forgot xml support. So php 4.1.2 and higher. Ok.

Originally posted by neximuss
    Any company you can recommend to me?
    I am sorry but I don't know any companies with servers in Germany.

The mistake could be also in my bad english, because I don't really understand the difference between all the names in English wich are for exaple written on the top menu. Or I'm not informed very well. Let's make a IP look up for 1und1.de ... well it's in Germany: 212.227.119.78 ! I did a site for a allready bought domain on that server and it performes very well, but they don't have a dinamic offer, it's all too static.

Tnx anyway. If anyone has a suggestion I'd be very pleased.

Some webhosts have fantastico installed in their cpanel. You can install a mambo script using fantastico. Just two clicks and you can have it installed in your hosting folder.
    Protagonist WebHosting Services
    Blog Hosting solutions:: Cpanel with Rvskin & Fantastico Deluxe
    Providing Reliable Hosting since 2002

As long as you've got Fantastico installed, installing Mambo is a breeze. Finding a server in Germany, that's a different story altogether. Is there a reason in particular that you'd like the server there?

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Well, yes. I have webspace on a server in California, a few domains on a German 1und1 server and some on Yugoslavian servers.
    The diifference in all sectors is really big. Firstly speed, then realibility and then the service. The german server, like all things you do with german ppl is realiable and of course the speed is at least 10 times better. So with my little experience I logicaly thought about that. The speed should be because of that I'm livin' in Germany. The realiability like I said is something normal for German, what I can't say for American. And the service (although I don't need it so much) should me on a higher level then the for example Yugoslavian service.

Because I'm a lamer in this section, like I said, I' be very pleased if you give me some advice.

Why don't you check, for example www.hoststar.ch?

Although it is Swiss-based company, their servers are German-based (by Hetzner Online AG).

Because HostStar are cheap, and Hetzner Online is one of top-notch web-hosting providers, this solution could be a perfect match for you.

Also, you may consider top German based web-hosting provider www.strato.de, Denmark-based www.b-one.net or some of Netherlands-based web-hosting providers (check www.eurovps.com for example).

I hope that this was helpful to you.

Good luck!

OK, thnx, I will give it a try.
    I'm currius about the number of mysql bases I need.
    Do I need one or more for a site just based on Mambo and a few additional components.