cPanel - Forced upgrade - new phpBB for all users?

Any way I can automate the upgrade of phpBB across my cpanel machines? It's beyond the point of notifying users - those old versions are now a liability to my network.

I know there is a script somewhere concerning the phpbb upgrade, but I just need a nod in the right direction, or some suggestions.

Thx in advance.

Well, if someone has phpBB mods installed, it will essentially kill them. I know cPanel has a script for this.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I'll make sure to back things up first

Are these cpanel installations? Or customer installations.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

cpanel installations only. I'll take the kinder, gentler route with customer installations.

There is a way to look for all outdated installations and update them with cpanel, its an add-on module you have to enable in WHM/root. Once installed you look to the lower left and you'll see Addon Script Manager
    dotGig

yeah my WHM is complaining :
    Sorry, you must get a license for cPanel Pro before installing it.

Still looking for the script that actually does the upgrades.. I might be able to modify it to suit my needs

Maybe your WHM is not allowing you, but enabling this module:

Name: addonupdates
    Author: cPanel Inc.
    Installed Version: 0.5
    Version: 0.5
    Description: Addon Script Manager/Updater !!BETA!!
    Price: free

Install and Keep Updated
    And then refreshing WHM will allow you to upgrade all installations of all addon scripts cpanel installs.

https://yourserver.com:2087/scripts2...emes?modules=1
    dotGig

Since all of you seem familiar with phpBB would you rather the upgrade process:

1) Upgraded by replacing/overwriting all files like it does now.

2) Upgraded by patch files provided by phpBB that could potentially leave holes but, would be more compatible with modifications potentially not breaking them?

Originally posted by LP-Trel
    Since all of you seem familiar with phpBB would you rather the upgrade process:

1) Upgraded by replacing/overwriting all files like it does now.

2) Upgraded by patch files provided by phpBB that could potentially leave holes but, would be more compatible with modifications potentially not breaking them?

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business