Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bad host

Hybrid View

A bad host

xignahosting.com they service is bad i bought reseller from them and when i ordered it there server was down so im like ok somthing must be wrong bad technical support they dont even own a forum.

so i asked the owner luke for a refund because of downtime and bad tech support he said he can give me 10$ back and i paid 20$ for it so i said no made a ticket on paypal and they got me my money back so any1 dont buy hosting from them

they dont even own a forum

.probards what kind of shi** is that

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. What does owning a forum have to do with the quality of service of a host, though? Many hosts choose not to own a forum.

Having a forum is not a sign of a bad hosting provider. There are hundreds of great companies who do not have forums, yet keep all customers happy.

EDIT: In addition, how do you expect their server to stay up all the time when they are selling their bandwidth away for $0.08/GB?
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Try paying a little bit more for better hosting else where, that is clearly within reasonable limits. $10 isnt something to cry about anyway, especialy to whine on WHT about it.
    It's Scott!

lol im not whinin im just inforiming you bout there service

Originally posted by Artashes
    Having a forum is not a sign of a bad hosting provider.
    I think he was reffering to the company uses a forum hosted on proboards.com, free forum service as apposed to their own.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I think he was reffering to the company uses a forum hosted on proboards.com, free forum service as apposed to their own.
    Hmm.. I wonder what their reasoning was when they decided to use that.

well sorry to hear, well we must appreciate the host too, they provided an refund with no extra trouble

Originally posted by spechackers
    well sorry to hear, well we must appreciate the host too, they provided an refund with no extra trouble
    The host didn't provide a refund according to the OP. The OP did a chargeback with Paypal.

Originally posted by Venomthakid
    so i asked the owner luke for a refund because of downtime and bad tech support he said he can give me 10$ back and i paid 20$ for it so i said no made a ticket on paypal and they got me my money back so any1 dont buy hosting from them

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Hmm.. I wonder what their reasoning was when they decided to use that.
    Perhaps it was an attempt to maintain communication with customers whilst their main site server down. A rather crude attempt, but an attempt nonetheless.

Why don't they just get a shared hosting account with another provder and have their forum there? It would eliminate the ugly ads and the even uglier URL.

yea i got my money back from paypal.

Originally posted by aingaran
    Why don't they just get a shared hosting account with another provder and have their forum there? It would eliminate the ugly ads and the even uglier URL.
    That is certainly a mystery, maybe they wanted to maintain a constant uptime record for their forums, so communication would never be a problem, as proboards seem to have decent servers, although its not the kind of thing you'd expect to see a seemingly respectable host use.

Regardless, thats their choice, and I prefer not to judge anyone without prior experience
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

It would seem silly to use a forum with ads on it but using a "hosted" forum is no different than using a live chat that is hosted by the company for better uptime or I guess I should say uptime while they were down.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Why don't they just get a shared hosting account with another provder and have their forum there?
    The only reasons I see would be that 1. they don't want to spend that hosting fee or 2. they don't feel confident enough about installing a forum themselves. Can someone envision other reasons?

a noob hosting company

1) We no longer have proboards it was because we wanted it online at all times during server moves.

2) We did not give this customer a refund as we only give refunds when we are at fault. This person stated they wanted a refund so they could afford a pair of shoes they wanted and couldn't cause they spent the money on our hosting.

I warn other hosts not to host this guy he is the so called "noob".

1) We no longer have proboards it was because we wanted it online at all times during server moves.
    "Server moves" are not an excuse for downtime. If you want the forums to be up when there is downtime, why not invest in a proper shared hosting account to host the forum and use redundant DNS for your main site?

2) We did not give this customer a refund as we only give refunds when we are at fault. This person stated they wanted a refund so they could afford a pair of shoes they wanted and couldn't cause they spent the money on our hosting.
    In this thread he/she stated that there was a lot of downtime, that's your fault, no?

I warn other hosts not to host this guy he is the so called "noob".
    How unprofessional. Don't you think it's rude to call a customer a "noob"?

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by elix
    "Server moves" are not an excuse for downtime. If you want the forums to be up when there is downtime, why not invest in a proper shared hosting account to host the forum and use redundant DNS for your main site?

In this thread he/she stated that there was a lot of downtime, that's your fault, no?

How unprofessional. Don't you think it's rude to call a customer a "noob"?

Cheers,
    I find it rude for them to post here with such false information company and then to call the company a noob company. I also find it rude that yo are so rude. But thats all opinion so you stick to yours and I'll stick to mine.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Xigna Hosting
    I find it rude for them to post here with such false information company and then to call the company a noob company. I also find it rude that yo are so rude. But thats all opinion so you stick to yours and I'll stick to mine.

Thanks.
    I'm sorry that you find my claims rude. I was just trying to get the facts straight here, apparently you don't want that. What is this "false information" you speak of?

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Firstly that we dont have a forum and secondly.

"so i asked the owner luke for a refund because of downtime and bad tech support he said he can give me 10$ back and i paid 20$ for it so i said no made a ticket on paypal and they got me my money back so any1 dont buy hosting from them"

It wasn't because of downtime we had no downtime in the hour that he was with us

Originally posted by Xigna Hosting
    It wasn't because of downtime we had no downtime in the hour that he was with us
    Could have just said that before calling him a noob, don't ya think?

Anyway, let's end this.

Cheers,

they dont even own a forum

.probards what kind of shi** is that
    ...and yet you signed up with them

what kind of shi** is that
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

To put it bluntly, you both sound like idiot kids.

The client can't spell and sounds about 12, the host calls the client a "noob" back which, quite frankly, makes the host look like an idiot. If I had got this client and he requested the refund, i'd have given it no questions asked, I simply haven't got time to be dealing with clients like this.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast