Thread: Which PDA?

Which PDA?

Hello,

I am looking around for a pda which can do the following: (or most)

* Decent sized screen for reading emails / replying

* Built in mobile (not wanting a seperate phone)

* Internet Access for viewing modernbill

* Decent sized memory for storing music (or addon memory)

Cost < $900 if possible

I have looked around but there are soooo many choices and I don't want to choose the wrong one

Thanks for your help

Like Moni-Q suggest in this forum, treo 650 is a very good option.

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion, I also found the nokia 7710 looks veryyyyy nice

Yep, i looked in this link about nokia 7710 the technical specifications, and looks great too

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,65388,00.html

Wow - with a budget of $900, I'd go for a laptop! But, practically speaking, a Treo 650 would do the trick and would cost about $450 if you went with a service plan.

Then you'd have $450 to spare and good grab me one as well! :-)

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Samsung i730

The Treo rocks, I've only got the 600 and hope to upgrade past the 650 with the next series after. Indispensable.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

Problem is Roj, you can't carry your laptop in your back pocket!

Originally posted by Plexi_Hosting
    The Treo rocks, I've only got the 600 and hope to upgrade past the 650 with the next series after. Indispensable.
    i730 > any treo

Hp Ipaq h6315 Its one of my personal favorites, I used to use it for buisness, phone, and watching movies Good style, detachable keyboard, and its only $600 If you dont like T-Mobile you can unlock it and use it on any GSM Provider :0

Originally posted by Josh Stein
    i730 > any treo
    Wasn't expecting this to become a Palm vs. PocketPC issue or somesuch, I'm open to options that are out there. Care to elaborate so the OP can have some prelim information with which to help the research along?

Edit: Realized first revision was a bit harsh in the use of one particular term.

Also edited to include: Even though I use a Treo, if it had been recommended to me before it was even released (and looking at info on the web it seems the i730 has been a long time coming for one reason or another, lacking or adding one feature or another), I'd have been a little bit gunshy of it too. I'm sure there was a lot of hype leading up to the Treo releases but I'd still wait until it was road tested before relying on it for critical notifications and functions related to my business.
    Last edited by Plexi_Hosting; 06-18-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

I've looked at several models of phones including the Treo 650. I've owned the Blackberry 7100g and have used a 7520 for about 1 week. The phone I had before that was a Nokia 6820.

Out of all the phones I've tried I like this Moto Razr v3 the best. Built in POP3/IMAP client saves the need for the $50 Blackberry service plus the large screen makes for pretty decent browsing. It can also be synced with a computer and can be used as a GPRS modem via USB or bluetooth (this is cool). The downside is no EDGE support.

I'd say choose a Moto or Treo (assuming you're going on the GPRS/EDGE networks). If you're going with CDMA remember that you cannot receive data and voice at the same time so if you're in the middle of browsing your calls will go to voice mail immediately so Blackberry == bad on those networks IMHO.

HP Ipaq h6315 is still better then all other PDAs. Its an all in one kind of pda, its sort of a minature laptop for me