ezzi windows vps trial

anyone else sign up?
    signed up this morning, did the voice confirmation about 30 minutes ago and apparently i get the keys inside 24 hours. Should be interesting.
    --
    Rich

Hi Rich,

I put Helm on mine. It was a major pain to install...but..it seems to work. Time veal tell.

Bryon

not got the keys to it yet despite assurances it would definately be well under 24 hours and its approaching the 24 hour mark now. I dont mind , its a free trial and I know they had chaos the other day, but its just all part of the picture building up of the experience.
    Not sure about putting a cpanel on it yet, have to see how it runs when I get it.
    --
    Rich

So what's the deal on these? Their site doesn't really have much info on them, but they look interesting. Anyone know how much they'll be after the trial period is up? Thanks.
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

no idea yet. the uy who rang me o do the voice conf had no idea, not got the login details yet either. powervps have a trial as well so i might check that out.
    --
    Rich

Ok. Thanks. I guess I'll either have to wait a little while for more info to come out or try emailing them. I'd rather not get stuff setup on a "trial" only to find that it'll be out of my price range when the trial period is over
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

Hi!
    I should point out that this particular free trial is a test run..just something new to test out. I doubt very seriously many people would pay for one of these with so little space anyways...so I'm not the least bit worried.

Their "normal" linux VPS's look pretty in line with what I'm used to and expect to pay...so I doubt very seriously the Windows VPS's will be much different.

I think many hosts miss the boat on these...just too darn greedy. Sorry folks...these should never come even close to the price of a dedicated server...but many honestly seem to think they can charge whatever they want. Also...I should point out that Sw-soft themselves are known for telling hosts they can put "100's" of these one one box. Oh please.

If you're talking Linux...I would guess 16 big ones max per box..even high end hardware..or else the VPS's are going to be so slow..nobody will want them at all. 30 of the small ones is too much on one box is too much...and Windows is even worse. I would say more than 10 of the big ones on one box and the same thing is going to happen. I wouldn't even consider putting 24 small WIndows VPS's on one box.

Of course, I've never set these up. These numbers come from my experience with Virtuozzo...and communication with hosts having them.

Bryon

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 06-19-2005 at 10:30 PM.

I have the windows VPS trial, and its very nice. I have always wanted to try Windows 2003 and IIS and they both work well. I am considering buying one.

does anyone of you here have any idea how long is their "trial" per VPS?
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

Originally posted by tanfwc
    does anyone of you here have any idea how long is their "trial" per VPS?
    I'm planning on 2 weeks, maybe longer if there are any problems with it. Might let Windows run a bit longer since we're not selling it yet.

If anyone has a problem with the VPS or is still waiting on it contact me directly, support has no clue about it right now, I'll train them in how to deal with it soon.

I'm very interested to know how its working so keep posting any comments you guys have.