UBC parameters / VPS / Virtuozzo

Hello,

My server was crashing constantly so I tweaked some settings on it and consequently memory usage, and cpu usage both went down and all is now very smooth.

I was also advised to SSH to server and check UBC parameters for the vps using:
    # cat /proc/user_beancounters

There were 4 processes that had been exhausted many many times. I contacted my host and they modified the limits on these 4 processes so fingers crossed I should be fine now :-) (EuroVPS is my host - their support is brilliant)

My question is though - can I "reset" the values shown i.e. reset the failed count to 0 on every process so that from today I can monitor it ? As the values have been changed I want to see if the processes fail again after this.

Hope to hear from you soon
    Thanks again
    Liam

My question is though - can I "reset" the values shown i.e. reset the failed count to 0 on every process so that from today I can monitor it ?
    You can only reset the value to zero if you restart your VPS. But sometimes, even after restarting your VPS, the failcnt does not reset. You will need to contact your host since your host may need to restart the server itself.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by FHDave
    You can only reset the value to zero if you restart your VPS. But sometimes, even after restarting your VPS, the failcnt does not reset. You will need to contact your host since your host may need to restart the server itself.
    there maybe a way around that...

But i still can't find out how

Restarting the VE will clear the fail count.

This has been done over and over, there is *never* a reason to restart the VZ node, except for a kernel upgrade.
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority