Thumbs up InsiderHosting.com

Since you don't see all that many positive reviews around here, I'd like to share my experiance with Insider Hosting . I began hosting with them about 4 years ago, when they bought out PhantasyWorksHosting. I was initially with them for about 2.5 years, and then found I would be able to get cheaper hosting with DreamHost. I was with DH for about 9 months when I realised how much better Insider was. IH is a bit more expensive (I'm on a custom 3 GB/30GB @ $35/mo), but the site is about 1000x faster than it was on Dreamhost with my resource hungry Gallery2 installation. Server loads are always very very low (I've never seen them above .5 and they usually stay around .03). Dreamhost was always 3 or higher. Support with Insider is also excelent. Turnaround times are very low (Minutes in the case of highly urgent issues, an hour or so on low priority things such as installing perl modules), and they are very helpful.

IH comes highly reccomended.

Glad to hear that you're happy with them. It just goes to show that cheaper is not always the best and with some more expensive companies, paying more is truly worth it.

Their plans seem reasonable.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

well if their support and uptime is best than price matter does not come in our mind, coz everyone needs an host which has an 100% uptime and support, but no one can provide an 100% uptime.

From what I have seen of InsiderHosting/HTTPme/BlueWHO (all owned by the same person) they really know what they are doing and do a great job with server uptime and support. I think many hosting companies could learn a lot from how these guys do business and run there companies.

Congrats for finding a quality host APeacock and keep up the good work insiderhosting and team.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

One gets to read more about HTTPme and Bluewho than Insiderhosting itself. It's very good to hear that everything's well under that brand too.

Yeah, I've been with InsiderHosting for over a year (maybe two now?) and can't remember having any downtime. There may have been a short period months ago (possibly?), but it definitely wasn't memorable.

Servers are usually really quick - especially from Australia where US server throughput can vary. 184ms pings are amongst the lowest of any US server I've seen (beats Yahoo and Google by a long shot!).

And support is usually fairly quick and helpful (not that I use them very often). It's SOOO good not having my clients call me up because their email is not working or something (they still do occasionally, but it's usually nothing to do with the server).

Sometimes other hosts lure my attention because of their cheaper prices, but I don't know if I'd want to risk getting slower or less-reliable servers.

So, thanks Insider! Keep up the great work.

Simon.
    simoneast.net
    (My other domains hosted there: efs.net.au, couttie.com.au, forum.fuel.org.au, rtk.com.au - sorry forum won't allow them to be clickable)

Thanks for the information.
    spechackers mentioned that none can provide 100% uptime. True. But some servers have good record as 1 minute downtime in 180 hours. Is it good enough. Sometimes...no.

Server is a computer and anything ranging from power faliure to hacking can happen. We still have not invented an instant back-up system for servers ( like back-up comes up automatically when the original fails ) . This is because server is identified by DNS and the propagation of DNS round the world takes 24-48 hours. Even if we can bring up a back-up server live, DNS propagation will be complete only in next 48 hours, which would not bring the desired result.

Originally posted by technocatch
    Thanks for the information.
    spechackers mentioned that none can provide 100% uptime. True. But some servers have good record as 1 minute downtime in 180 hours. Is it good enough. Sometimes...no.

Server is a computer and anything ranging from power faliure to hacking can happen. We still have not invented an instant back-up system for servers ( like back-up comes up automatically when the original fails ) . This is because server is identified by DNS and the propagation of DNS round the world takes 24-48 hours. Even if we can bring up a back-up server live, DNS propagation will be complete only in next 48 hours, which would not bring the desired result.
    Sorry, not to be off-topic but.....
    What about having a cluster or multiple servers for load balancing? Or failover? I'm sure 100% uptime can be achieved, but it can be expensive.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Originally posted by stealthdevil
    Sorry, not to be off-topic but.....
    What about having a cluster or multiple servers for load balancing? Or failover? I'm sure 100% uptime can be achieved, but it can be expensive.
    What if something happened to all of the failover servers? Something wasn't configured right, they all had problems?

It's not likely to happen, but it can happen.

I'm sure 100% uptime can be achieved, but it can be expensive.
    With current technology 100% uptime can be achieved... for limited periods of time. Fact is everything has a chance (as remote as it can be) to fail, which means 100% uptime indefinitely is not currently achievable.

Yeah, I've been with InsiderHosting for over a year (maybe two now?) and can't remember having any downtime. There may have been a short period months ago (possibly?), but it definitely wasn't memorable.
    Thank you SimonEast for adding more info regarding insiderhosting. It's good to have confirmation that things are great there.